The machined aluminum ARQ might be the best modular nesting dock ever
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 06:40 posted on
Houston-based B&A Studio has launched a Kickstarter effort for its ARQ Modular Nesting Dock. Inspired by the convenience of modular furniture and Apple's soft spot for aluminum designs, the studio came up with an upright device dock that's engineered to sheer perfection...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. chocowii (Posts: 436; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
The problem with micro usb in this dock is that some devices when docked will be facing backward. But it has the best minimalistic design so far.
2. platformwars (Posts: 86; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Wow.. Excellent design.. this is a must have IMO.. and very cheap as well.. a really useful accessory.. backed the project..
3. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 261; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Good idea, but what about user with Apple 30-pin connector or micro-USB 3.0? :/
7. irbaaz (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Upgrade your device to i5 i5s or i5c dumbo.....
8. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
no, no, no, you upgrade to an android, ok? thats an upgrade
9. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 261; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Omg you don't realize that there still people happy with 4/4s Mr. Smarty pants..
P.S: And if you look at my profile, you will see that I have a Android phone..
4. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
this would be much more handy if you could changer the connector type to open the market to more than just iphone users for them
5. alumoyo (Posts: 348; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Did you miss the Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 in the picture there??? And the part where it says "The ARQ doesn't discriminate between microUSB and Apple's Lighting connectors" or the other part where it says "Each unit includes an ARQ dock, a micro-USB cable, an ARQ key, and a pair of support pins".
Please read, or at lest look at the pictures commenting!
6. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lmao, im at work, i read the first paragraph and how it talked about apple and thought it was only for ipads, iphones and stuff
10. sicofante (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Wow, great way to break your phone's microUSB connector. Whoever thinks this is great design doesn't understand "function over form".
11. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Looks nice but I prefer a magnetic or wireless dock.
12. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
That is pretty nice. i might have to back.