The latest BlackBerry Z10 pictures make you wish it were already 2013
0. phoneArena 29 Dec 2012, 14:46 posted on
With the many leaks of the BlackBerry Z10, we now have a pretty good idea what to expect from the first BlackBerry 10 release from RIM; the Canadian manufacturer will introduce its new platform in about a month with the first all-touch BlackBerry Z10 handsets available for purchase sometime later in the first quarter of 2013...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kirholstov (Posts: 129; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I don't see anything super innovative in this phone.
3. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
judging from the size alone i would have thought RIM would put a bigger battery in its phone
5. stychill (unregistered)
well we will see how well the OS is optimized for efficency
24. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
well nothing about this phone or its specs make me wish it was 2013 already. By the time this comes out this will be a mid-ranger facing tough competition from Android manufactirers who have a pattern of launching flagships in the year beginning like HTC, Huawei, LG, etc.
25. stychill (unregistered)
Flagships are highend devices, comparing a flagship device to a mid range device is pointless. I like the phone's looks and the OS, I'll pay close attention to the reviews and Black berry world post launch. This phone is my best bet for a smartphone i like android but they don't have what i want. BB10 is my last hope at getting something i truly want. The only thing i'm worried about really is the pricing i know rim has a history of applying premium prices to their mid range and high end phones, If that's going to be way too high i'll either wait until later or settle for an android device.
44. chezy (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
Maybe thats because this is a mid range phone. Did you stop to think about that?
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5281; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Which is why RIM's share price is taking a hit - they are depending on volume sales of a boring phone. That won't hit the market until when? March, 2013?
53. downphoenix (Posts: 2232; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Shows how misinformed you are. Their stock hit an all time low back in September of this year. The value of the stock is nearly double what it was then, in what 3 months?
Its still entirely possible BB10 will be a fail, but do you have any explanation other than the market is legitimately still interested in it and expect it to be the #3 player, not WP8? I dont think the stock would have responded the way it has if the market thought BB10 was dead in the water.
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4599; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about design looks pretty good except display is a little to small (at last for me).
Talking about operating system I say thanks but no.
36. AnTuTu (Posts: 599; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Those thick bezels don't make any sense to me :(
38. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4599; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Agree about those bazels but overall design looks not bad.
39. AnTuTu (Posts: 599; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Imagine end to end display in that design :)
15. metalpoet (unregistered)
the biggest slap inthe face to blackberry???? the fact that those pix were taken with an iPhone 5 while it was laying on top of an iPad.
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4599; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Could you please enlighten me and tell me about BlackBerry Z10 innovations because seems that I'm also a bit "blind" ?
22. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Work on your grammar before you insult someone.
42. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5281; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Isn't bad grammar part of the insult?
31. alila2 (Posts: 116; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
How come ?!?!? . Don't you see the innovation of bezel surrounded by more bezel ??? that new and i bet even apple didn't think of patenting it !!!
50. GodKnowsAll (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
A** H*** First Go See The Interface Of Blackberry 10.The Say.
2. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
those pics are taken in the middle east , where i live :D
4. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Errmm, no they dont :P boring icons, boring design... Nothing new under the sun..
6. D.Aceveda (Posts: 351; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Boring. Gonna be a repeat of the Playbook. RIP RIM
9. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I would have to assume to show size comparison.
10. korean411 (Posts: 38; Member since: 04 May 2009)
considering that 2013 will probably see the rise of 1080p phones than this probably be a pass for most consumers because most business companies will most likely invest heavily on this because they invested on blackberry in the past the only issue is basically it cannot suck on any level. the resolution is good the size of the display could of been bigger considering the average size for displays are 4.5 or 4.6 but expandable microsd is good thing, 2gb of ram another plus, camera is a plus, LTE good, the battery can be bigger, so the only question is the OS BB10. because BB10 has been in the air for quite sometime and has been delayed a good amount of time. the question is how will it fair, what has RIM done in that time to make BB a contender in the future that is the question. starting in jan through the year we will have an answer cause all the big names are coming out with phones next year Samsung Galaxy S IV, Maybe a new Note, probably an iphone 5s, Windows Phone 8 series, and etc,and most likely be 1080p powerhouse smartphones with hopefully blasting hardware. we will all need to see how to pans house cause if this doesn't work that pretty much RIM is doomed and have no choice but to close doors or get bought out. all i can say BB10 better be good for RIMS sake
26. stychill (unregistered)
the droid x in my opinion is rather ugly...
13. Googlethis (Posts: 168; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Like it Definetly buying this phone whe it comes out.
14. marchels14 (unregistered)
Poor battery, nothing else to say, everything else is mid range.
16. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 154; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
the same shape of iphone
we wanted apple to change the design now RIM came with the same design
27. stychill (unregistered)
LOL, i wanted apple to change their OS...their design is fine...the OS is another matter
48. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 154; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
the design is fine but 3 generation with the same design isn't fine
17. chezy (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
Do you guys even know that this is a mid range phone? Its not suppose to compete with iphone 5 or optimus g or gs3. If i remember correctly theres a phone called aristo that rim is working on. Which will be the high end device for rim..
And stop hating on bb10, you dont even know what it can and cannot do.
Dont knock it till you've tried it fools...
35. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5637; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Black Berry needs at least a 4.7" sreen 720P HD SUPER LCD 2 OR AMOLED. QUAD CORE TEGRA 3 or SNAP DRAGON 4. And a good battery life like 3200 or 2800 maH.
46. chezy (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
Well the aristo that was mentioned before on this site has a bigger screen, quad core processor and a bigger battery. 2800mah i think
18. skymitch89 (Posts: 982; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
The device kinda looks like a Droid X that's had the BB10 OS hacked onto it, but without the buttons at the bottom. I'm thinking that RIM is really going to be trying to play catch up with a device like this. Dual-core S4, 2GB RAM, 4.2in 720p display, but we will still have to wait and see how well built and how user friendly BB10 is.
19. VLaRueC (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
How big is the iPhone battery? Wait... why do I even care? I am around a wall socket all day...
23. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I actually like the design. Will BB survive? Hell no. Android for life, suckas!
28. _VipeR_ (Posts: 46; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Maybe this phone will take some of the heat off of Samsung, cause it'd be a travisty if Apple doesn't sue the pants off of RIM considering this thing looks exactly like the I5!
29. DawsonLee (Posts: 25; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
You have a point but then, Apple, I think, will only sue RIM if the phone sells ~O.O~
30. ChafedBanana (Posts: 352; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
The power button is on the top. Terrible. It belongs on the right side, near the top.
32. Jyakotu (Posts: 813; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
You can only make black slabs of a phone look different from each other. :-/
34. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5637; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Black Berry could of done a bit better with battery life lot of people are going to complain bout that.
37. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
it's a Blackberry people. innovation perished for them a long time ago, they are just trying to keep their heads above water. hopefully they don't go the way of WP8 & take it past the point of innovation into a completely weird OS. i like the Lumia 920, but would like it a lot more if it ran Android vs the software misfit WP8 (or apparently Windows Blue). if Blackberry to can step a little past their usual mundane...then i think they might have a chance at survival.
40. freebee269 (Posts: 496; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
something makes me wish it was 2013 already. it's not this BB Z10, it's the galaxy s4.
41. YoJerms1977 (Posts: 15; Member since: 26 Jan 2010)
All of us need to quit being a bunch of jack offs until we actually see the new OS and how the new OS works. The thing hasn't even been introduced yet and all of you are predicting the future and calling it a fail. I actually still use my Droid X because I think Apple sucks and is behind on their OS system. It has hardly changed since 2007, not because it's good, but because Apple is good at brain washing all of you morons into thinking you're cool. Android works great for me, but I'm still yearning for more and I hope BB can do that again. I loved blackberry until they got behind and they quit making apps for it. That's the only reason I left. If BB10 ends up having more of the apps I like, I will go there in a heart beat. If they don't, then I'm leaning towards W8. Steve Jobs should have took the iphone with him to the grave...
49. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
if having a preference is considered being brainwashed then we are all brainwashed based on your logic. to make such a blanket statement about iOS users is ignorance 101.
43. jczepole (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Im liking the blackberry 10 os its sexier than windows and ios. Is it me or is there a reflection of a chick in pic 4?
47. lolwoot (Posts: 27; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Blackberry? Sunshine...? Better ready with them umbrella then.
51. joey18 (Posts: 493; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
blackberry will comeback verizon need to get this phone
54. downphoenix (Posts: 2232; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
What I find about all the "this is midrange" comments is that its misinformed.
The processor quoted is QUAD CORE. How many phones out there have quad core? Not that many. 2GB ram, am I mistaking that for mid range specs? I wasn't aware of 4GB+ ram phones having been released. 1280x768 resolution? Outside of the Oppo Find 5 and the HTC Droid DNA, Im not aware of any phones that surpass that resolution or have a higher DPI. 8MP/2MP cameras aren't any worse than what you'd see in the average high range device.
The only thing "mid range" about it is the screen size itself. Im sure we will see phones that will surpass these specs in 2013, naturaly this will occur. However, unless we get 6-8 core phones with 1080p, 4+GB ram, etc. by the time this phone comes out, I'd still consider it a high range, not mid range.
55. Armor (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Ok, here we go. I have followed this phones development over the past 8 months and I can tell by reading the comments that you have no idea what you are talking about.
1. The bezel of the phone is for the OS? It use gestures. No buttons on the front of the phone.
2. Blackberry is know for battery life. The new OS is very efficient, so it does not need the super large battery. What size is the battery in any of the iphones?
3. The phone has so many new features, The new time shift camera, the new keyboard where the words suggestive words appear above the next letter, flow, Peek feature, Active frames running real time. And many more.
4. Blackberry is going to have around 100,000 apps available at launch. (This does include some very popular titles also) A feat that no other phone manufacture has done. (with a whole new os and phone)
5. Verizon has already said they will carry the phone.
6. Its amazing how you can check and look at any of your messages without every having to stop what you are doing. No need to close a app. All of your messages are social messages are always updated in real time. Just peek to see what has changed.
7. There are many other features that are all new to blackberry, just do not have the time to continue to type. Go to youtube and check out some of the videos. You will be amazed at what this phone will do.
56. phonemonkey (Posts: 154; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
iphone apple and android had a baby that was going to die in a year,
This would be the product