The last time a BlackBerry launch was so important, the Storm turned out to be a drizzle
0. phoneArena 30 Jan 2013, 07:54 posted on
With all of the excitement over today's introduction of the BlackBerry 10, it brings back not so spectacular memories of the last time a BlackBerry launch created such a buzz, it was over the first touch-screen 'Berry; it was November 2008 when RIM finally gave into the touch screen era and brought out a phone that was supposed to challenge the Apple iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I remember saying this a week ago. BB10 will no doubt mark the end of RIM.
2. e.wvu (unregistered)
Some analysis you are.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Because in 2008 people want iPhone and iPhone only, now the Apple hype is gone and people start to break out... Just like in 2011 that people want iPad and iPad only, now the android tablets are rising tho... Not to mention, some people started to pick playbook instead lol
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1385; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
why didn't you become a marketing analyst ?
9. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6740; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Youre simply the worst hater & terrible troll on this site. How u know when bb hadnt launch yet
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
this fool here lol............sigh.........i guess sometimes you need people like mxy around just for entertainment (slow and dreadful voice)
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Not necessarily. I'm not holding out high hopes for Blackberry, but BB10 has potential as long as the feature set is there and it's not a buggy pile of s**t like the Storm was on arrival. Furthermore, Blackberry still has the richest email interface out of all of the smartphone platforms. I can see Enterprise customers welcoming Blackberry back, at least.
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well I turned out to be right. BB10 did mark the end of RIM as they are now changing their name to Blackberry.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2140; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Didn't even know it is introduced today, and that says more about RIM than about me sorry to say.
5. SkurtMcGurt (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
This will not be another Storm launch...market share will be tough, but it won't completely flop. Looking forward to the announcement today
6. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Nokia Lumia tablets would be the best ever hardware tablets of all the time.
12. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
what does that have to do with this in any way?
stick to the article
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6740; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And it was only available on Verizon
11. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Thats funny because I had that phone. I think I still got one in the box in my closest. Ah, the days of what we thought an OS could or should do back in the day.