The last time a BlackBerry launch was so important, the Storm turned out to be a drizzle
0. phoneArena posted on 30 Jan 2013, 07:54
With all of the excitement over today's introduction of the BlackBerry 10, it brings back not so spectacular memories of the last time a BlackBerry launch created such a buzz, it was over the first touch-screen 'Berry; it was November 2008 when RIM finally gave into the touch screen era and brought out a phone that was supposed to challenge the Apple iPhone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:00 5
I remember saying this a week ago. BB10 will no doubt mark the end of RIM.
2. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:03 6
Some analysis you are.
3. wendygarett posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:05 10
Because in 2008 people want iPhone and iPhone only, now the Apple hype is gone and people start to break out... Just like in 2011 that people want iPad and iPad only, now the android tablets are rising tho... Not to mention, some people started to pick playbook instead lol
9. InspectorGadget80 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:22 2
Youre simply the worst hater & terrible troll on this site. How u know when bb hadnt launch yet
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:36 2
this fool here lol............sigh.........i guess sometimes you need people like mxy around just for entertainment (slow and dreadful voice)
13. Sniggly posted on 30 Jan 2013, 12:10 0
Not necessarily. I'm not holding out high hopes for Blackberry, but BB10 has potential as long as the feature set is there and it's not a buggy pile of s**t like the Storm was on arrival. Furthermore, Blackberry still has the richest email interface out of all of the smartphone platforms. I can see Enterprise customers welcoming Blackberry back, at least.
15. Mxyzptlk posted on 30 Jan 2013, 21:16 2
Well I turned out to be right. BB10 did mark the end of RIM as they are now changing their name to Blackberry.
4. _Bone_ posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:05 1
Didn't even know it is introduced today, and that says more about RIM than about me sorry to say.
5. SkurtMcGurt posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:10 0
This will not be another Storm launch...market share will be tough, but it won't completely flop. Looking forward to the announcement today
6. kaliil10 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 08:14 1
Nokia Lumia tablets would be the best ever hardware tablets of all the time.
12. chaoticrazor posted on 30 Jan 2013, 11:21 1
what does that have to do with this in any way?
stick to the article
11. speckledapple posted on 30 Jan 2013, 10:47 0
Thats funny because I had that phone. I think I still got one in the box in my closest. Ah, the days of what we thought an OS could or should do back in the day.