The iPhone 5S, how much it costs versus economic realities around the world
0. phoneArena 21 Nov 2013, 20:20 posted on
We all know that Apple products tend to cost more. iPhones are on the more expensive side of the...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Last line of the article almost gave me a heart attack.
20. vincelongman (Posts: 4521; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Dude the gold 64 GB iPhone was nearly NZD $2000 (USD $1650) at import stores when it first came out.
30. Doakie (Posts: 2070; Member since: 06 May 2009)
This is the kind of article that proves that the Moto G wins in the cheaper scaled down colorful handset war. Not only is it cheaper, it has an equivalent PPI. If anyone in these other countries that don't have subsidized handset models buys an iPhone 5C over a Moto G they're stupid. For my T Mobile line I'm totally buying a Moto G because screw paying $500-650 when there's a $200 option like the 16GB Moto G. I don't know how all of a sudden I've become a Moto G fanboy...
31. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This article is so veridic it hurts the iPhone 5C 16GB costs the equivalent of 800$, the 5S 32GB costs 1080$ while the minimum wage in Portugal is 650$, in others words you need to work two months before you can get Apple's overpriced phones.
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 21726; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You doing any cardio to keep that pumper strong ;)
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 21726; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's wassup bro. I'd do a minimum 30 every morning, then an hr of weights after work. Hard work, but well worth the effort. +1 Smurf.
2. dairan (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
in Brazil iphone 5c and 5s was release today. iPhone 5s 16gb = 1,214.64 U.S. dollars. Sure it is most expansive in whole the world
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The PS4 price in Brazil is scary.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I rather get the Xbox One over the PS4. Just my preference.
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
you rather spend 499$ vs 399$ on a gaming console? or because it have NFL exclusive on XBOX LIVE
18. quakan (Posts: 1374; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
For $60 you can get the PS4 camera and still pay less than the Xbox One.
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I've invested five (almost six) years into XBL. Can't see myself switching over to PSN.
17. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
PS4 is better for gaming and the xbox one is slightly better at being an entertainment device. IMO a Roku 3 and a PS4 is a much better combo.
19. vincelongman (Posts: 4521; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
IMO a PC and HDMI cable is a even better combo.
Better graphics and cheaper games
41. _PHug_ (Posts: 444; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
I'm with you.
Xbox is better.
Better online experience.
Outside of The last of us & the Drake series my PS3 collects dust.
Everything else is played on 360
44. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
When I was in the market for a console 360 had no built in WiFi, no built in bluray/hddvd, no hdmi, and one tenth of the storage that the ps3 offered. Meaning I would have to spend another $250 on top of base price for 360 to have the same specs as a ps3 and still no hdmi. No brainer.
I'm glad Microsoft is beginning to catch up, now their system is only $100 more and $20 every three months for the same experience a ps4 offers out of the box.
16. taikucing (unregistered)
wow I thought only in my country everything costs abnormal.
38. sergiobr (Posts: 710; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
In BraSil S4 i9505 -> at about $ 890 , Nokia 1020 -> $ 1010 ... that´s the reason why I´m using my old S3 with Nokia (used one) N808 (I bought by $ 330). Nokia for the photos and S3 for the rest , just use NFC. No reason to upgrade (ok, by the end of this year I´ll buy my S4)
3. julz17ronald (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
In my country, 2 Samsung S4 = 1 IPhone 5s. Apple pricing is too much!
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
In Malaysia, the iPhone 5s (16GB) is priced the same as the Xperia Z1 and the Galaxy Note 3 at $747.93 USD, and what's funny is that the HTC One Max was released yesterday and it's priced at $779.11 USD, it's more expensive than those three phones. lol
7. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Just wondering why Japan is not included in this otherwise excellent research.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I wouldn't say garbage, but for a phone that doesn't have Bluetooth capabilities my dumb phone from 2009 had is really depressing.
13. stealthd (unregistered)
My flip phone from 2005 could do it too, and it doesn't matter because I never needed to use it.