The iPhone 5S' fingerprint sensor allegedly the culprit in a production slowdown
0. phoneArena 16 Jul 2013, 10:01 posted on
A report by DigiTimes earlier today claims that due to issues with its fingerprint sensor's design, among others, Apple's upcoming iPhone refresher – the 5S, has been delayed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Hummm.... Get the iPhone 5s that has no design difference for the iPhone 5... or wait until the iPhone 6 comes out in the Spring! That is the question!!!
2. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 656; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Considering apple's history it's only worth getting the S versions. Those are the ones where they in all the features they were holding back going all the way back to the 3GS.
3. rcl4444 (Posts: 30; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
Point! This is very true.
Better off upgrading with the "S" cycle than then each full next gen version... not just for the held back features but for he better hardware, refinement and bug fixes that the S versions get
12. CtK4949 (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
refinement?!?! Bug fixes?!?! I thought crrapple phones came out perfect?? LOL!!
10. kushki (Posts: 46; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Agreed. However advantage with the non-s versions is your device stays visibly new for 2 years while s versions are already 'not the latest iphone' in a year, again just visibly.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 7699; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Get the 5S Dave, then get the new one next year, sell your 5S. iPhones are still the most valuable phones, and sell third party for top $$$.
4. Desmund (Posts: 39; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
Oh look a fingerprint scanner I've had that since 2011 with Motorola Atrix 4G which I still have to this day.
5. phonemonkey (Posts: 134; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
So? Just because they are using something already in existence do you need to hate them for it?
6. phonemonkey (Posts: 134; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
A fingerprint scanner would be greay guys...
OH WAIT!!! We can't do that because some people will hate us for it because motorola already did that :(((
19. Shatter (Posts: 1633; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Hes implying that Apple will try to act like they came up with the idea to use a finger print scanner in a phone. Clearly Motorala did it first so Apple can gtfo.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I also used to have the Atrix 4G no big deal or difference if its on a IPH
7. valapsp (Posts: 413; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
If they announce fingerprint scanner for iphone 5S then what INNOVATION will be available on iphone 6?
8. trickster_qc (Posts: 46; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
the iphone 6 will be thinner and will have a bigger screen ( the iphone with the biggest screen ever ).
and the battery will be slighty bigger.
and probably iOS7.1 that will include some revolutionnary ''ipanels '' and ''iwidgets'' that will be copied from WP8 and Android.
And it's all gonna be revolutionnary. and expensive.
11. wando77 (Posts: 194; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Like he said..... it's gonna be expensive ;)
13. vaibhavaggarwal (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
would be pretty cool if it's included in the 5S
I might just buy it........
16. fo0ling (Posts: 13; Member since: 07 Jul 2013)
Thinner body, larger screen. By 2015, 10.1 inch screen, 0.22mm thick.
17. a_tumiwa (Posts: 125; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Fingerscanner for security is already useless, PRISM can spy your data easily
18. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1483; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
And Apple is the culprit for overpriced iCraps.