The iPhone 5S display may sport two times the pixel count of the iPhone 5, come with thinner bezel
0. phoneArena 28 May 2013, 03:50 posted on
If Apple managed to score enough yield with Sharp's IGZO displays, which allow record pixel densities in a thin and light package which has a very low power consumption, there might be some merit to this rumor, and the source says it will enter production next month for a release in September, which jibes with the launch rumors we've heard so far...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Now that sounds great! 652 ppi, wowwwww!
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I know it sounds great, but don't wowwwww so fast, this is just a rumor.
41. giri555 (Posts: 95; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Yawn, PPI war is over and already won by HTC one, Xperia Z, Samsung S4.
Apple is trying to catchup somehow by increasing resolution, not exactly pioneering anymore.
115. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Roses are red, violets are blue,
when I saw Mxyzptlk, I think about poo.
123. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3224; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I think you're referring to every time you make a comment.
93. Igneel (unregistered)
Let's agree to disagree xD
107. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3224; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I agree to disagree that this discussion isn't biased.
112. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Trolling isn't going to change the bias around here.
128. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yes, by my definition popping by to dash off 2-3 words that add nothing to the discussion is trolling.
132. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes you are. And you're the one who start this childish thing.
140. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Double standards are the android fanboy way mxy. Not the android user, the "fanboy".
70. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
There is nothing like 'ppi wars'. iPhone 5 was introduced last year, whereas all the flagships with higher FHD resolutions were launched this year!
If apple goes with higher ppi, it's not about winning any kind of *war*, but increasing the standard of their already awesome display.
83. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said quad. Only fanboys wanna make everything a flame war. Apples just making a great product even greater.
150. Trex95 (Posts: 541; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Lol the only screen beats Iphone 5 retina HTC one other just mehhh.
53. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
If this is true it's still ridiculous. Sounds like apple will use it as a selling point again. But it's double the pixel amount, not double the pixel density.
122. ecmedic4 (Posts: 193; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Don't all the major manufacturers use it as a selling point? I believe they all touted FHD screens as a selling point along with the pixel density. Apple isnt doing anything the others dont do. I know several samsung fanboys that bragged about the S4's FHD screen and higher ppi over Apple so its no different the other way around.
118. saket.shrivastava (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
saw this news first on gsmarena, then i thought..... better head over to phonearena. :)
9. hung2900 (Posts: 769; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
And Steve Jobs will get trolled from his theory "Normal human eyes cannot see detect difference with 300+ ppi"
16. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
How exactly will he be trolled? He just stated a fact, which is indeed true, but he didn't say "We'll not make products with a higher resolution than 326 ppi".
42. giri555 (Posts: 95; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
If you claim to believe something, you better live by that. Not sure if Apple is doing that. If above 326ppi is usless then Apple is a fool to make one with higher PPI
61. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Nokia said that phones with screens bigger than 4" are useless, but yet they launched all of the recent flagships with screens bigger than 4". So are they fools? Nope. Technology and needs change with time.
64. giri555 (Posts: 95; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Did you even read what I wrote?
Just meant Apple or Nokia need to change technology with time, instead of claiming the change wont make difference.
71. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
The claims are obviously made before they realize that the change will indeed make a difference.
48. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5461; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't know if you can, but I definitely can see a difference.
142. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 232; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
how magnified was that image? i doubt you'll see a true difference holding an actual device.
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's gonna be awesome quad. Can't wait to snatch one up, 652 ppi, ios7 should be nice. My wedding is 9-21-13...I'd love for this puppy to launch a few days earlier.
19. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Snatch two up. This would be the perfect wedding gift for Mrs Jedii. Haha, congratulations by the way!
72. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx bro. Not a bad idea, she wants an iPhone now anyway.
79. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
5 people don't want you to gift an iPhone to your fiancé. Lmao!
84. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly lol. Maybe green thumbs if I gift her an s4. She'd divorce me then, that lady is not much of an android fan phone wise.
89. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I do think the iPhone is a better package for them little lady hands. I wouldn't buy one myself, but I had no problem convincing my wife to upgrade from an iPhone 4 to a 5. At least it's an improvement!
95. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's her reason too. Her hands are tiny.
97. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
And nobody's offering a ~4" mid-high-end Android to compare. The Moto Razr M is the closest I could come up with size-wise, but the qHD PenTile screen can't compete. And at least I know the iPhone 5 will continue to get software updates for the next 3-4 years.
I get a lot of flak here for saying it, but for some customers, the iPhone IS the best choice.
105. McLTE (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I agree roldefol
I despise Apple. I want absolutely nothing to do with the company or it's products. BUT.. I can be objective and recognize that they do put out good products.
The fact is that the iPhone appeals to a whole lot of consumers and is the best choice for many... hence the word CHOICE!
I think the upcoming S4 Mini should fill the gap - smaller phone with all the great S4 features.
113. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Eh, the S4 Mini is in the same category as the Razr M - compact and speedy, but not up to iPhone build or screen quality. Still a qHD Pentile screen. It'll be a better buy than the iPhone, but that doesn't take much.
Now if HTC releases the rumored 720p M4 with a metal body, that'll be solid competition.
125. ecmedic4 (Posts: 193; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Thats cause 5 ppl are immature, and cant realize ppl have different opinions/preferences.
26. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5534; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
iOS 7 is the bigger risk for Apple. If all Ive does is make iOS 6 look 'flatter', it will be an epic fail. They have to change core functions, IMO.
20. tech2 (Posts: 1787; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Louis: The 'S' stands for Superman ;)
85. darkkjedii (Posts: 10122; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude I saw the general zod preview at the hangover 3 and was simply amazed. I will be first in line for that and world war z. If you haven't seen the hangover, do yourself a favor and go. Allen and chow are simply hilarious.
92. tech2 (Posts: 1787; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yup. M a big fan of hangover can't wait for the finale. Simply love Zach Galifianakis but I enjoy super hero movies tiny bit more.
BTW, I was referring to Christopher Nolan's Superman aka Man of Steel. The trailer is awesome check it out:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
103. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Tech2, Christopher Nolan directed the Batman trilogy.
Superman is Zack Snyder's.
135. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
O, i get it. He's talking about the producer... Yup, he's right.