The iPhone 5-ready apps are few and far between: here's a list of some
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2012, 01:59 posted on
The iPhone 5 has a new resolution and what Apple did to avoid the older apps, written for 640x960 pixels is that it just letterboxed them with two black stripes on the sides, so it's as if you have a 3.5" phone again...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Where is the infinity blade!!!
3. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
so ios now has fragmentation issues? i thought it's android exclusive?
5. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
the difference is that almost all the apps will actually be updated to work perfectly, unlike..... nvm, you get the picture
10. Hemlocke (unregistered)
"Few and far between"...kind of like Android tablet-only apps.
14. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
there are no android tablet-only apps.. why people don't get that already?
17. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Adobe has Photoshop on Android tablets, cant get it on phones. Not even the Note.
11. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
It's called iFrag not fragmentation
Everything must have a fancy name right ?
For example a 5mp camera above in the iPods , iPads and iPhones made by Sony must be called iSight
4. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
What? Apple has fragmentation issues also? I thought Apple was above that. I guess there is another negative for the I5.
6. jibraihimi (Posts: 755; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I think Google should sue Apple now.......Because Apple has copied fragmentation feature which was exclusive to Android till now..........
7. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Does that mean that new iPhone 5 apps will not be compatible worth older iPhones ?
9. hugo_chong (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Now i see previously why iphone claims 3.5 inch is the best screen size. Change screen size or resolution will do they alot of trouble. So this 4inch screen size will remain as least another 3 or 4 years ?? ^^ .........
12. Savage (unregistered)
Nope. They will never increase the size. You can only stretch the phone so much to lose one-hand usage capability.
13. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Moving finger more horizontally and at the same time more vertically would be too much for iPhone users at first.
They need to learn first how to reach the area that was extended first, before apple makes the screen wider.
Remember for iPhone it is always one step at the time. That it's why they are so popular!!!
16. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I never understood why Apple says if the device is any wider you lose one-handed usage. I was able to type on my gf's SIII easily with my thumb while holding it in one hand. I guess Apple's target audience has small hands.
15. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
so the iphone 5 has only a few iPhone 5 compatible apps, HA! talk about "apps" now XD