The iPhone 5, iPad Mini and a new iPod nano might be announced September 12
0. phoneArena 30 Jul 2012, 05:39 posted on
Apple released the iPhone 4S 10 days, and the new iPad 9 days after their respective official announcement, so the September 12-21 timeframe seems entirely plausible...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Hmmmm,, but will they come with ICS :-)
5. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
If you're going to make a retarded comment, the least you could do is use the most up to date Android version.
7. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Wow,, it was just a joke,,..why so ass hurt,?
34. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Because they are seething over the sales success of the Android handsets and Android's newest release - JB? The GS III is a far better phone than een the rumored iPhone 5 and JB has run away and hidden from iOS 6. $5.9B in profits for Sammy is real $. Cash talks as the saying goes.
39. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Apple had 8.8 billion, but let's ignore facts as usual
49. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
It was obviously a joke, just a really really dumb one that you shouldn't have bothered posting.
8. me. (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Ics or jelly bean, it does not mater, my razr maxx does not read foreign text message, I think it never will.
15. MeoCao (unregistered)
ICS is still much better than iOS6 so the guy obviously does not want to wish for too much.
55. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
even gingerbread is better... well... hope dont get banned again...
18. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
ICS would be a HUGE improvement over iOS6 but hey it's only a joke. Now this design is very iPhone 4ish don't you think? It's just a bit taller & it looks to be just as thin or a bit thinner than the iPhone 4.
I don't know but I am getting pretty tired of the same old same old design & I don't even own an iPhone 4. I can't imagine how all the people who DO have an iPhone 4 or 4S who wanted a new design heck even a new OS, will react like once they see MORE of the same.
Apple is really testing their existing customer base, they are mimicking RIM's Black Berry with it's same designs & same OS. Look where that philosophy led them. Remember RIM was like Apple is right now. History tends to repeat it self.
24. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Very true,,., I was a loyal iPhone user,, just got tired of the same old everything,,,,, a buddie of mine showed me his SGS2., I WAS BLOWN AWAY, by the screen size, AMOLED, live wallpaper, widgets,, ect, ,. So its all android for me... :-) jellybean on my SG tab 2 7" is awesome !!!!
30. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow that is really cool that you can look & see the differences & are not blind because of that extreme Apple ideology that is present among SOME Apple fans.
I can respect that because you made your own decision & were not coerced by others.
+1 to you! & welcome to the other side. It's not that bad as some make it out to be right? lol :-)
40. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You don't respect people who choose to buy Apple
44. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol OK! Whatever you say. I have lots of friends who own the iPhone 3GS, 4, & 4S. But yeah you know everything.
46. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
He says that since he's hurt because you don't respect him.
48. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
LOL that almost made me fall out of my chair.
That was so funny. For the record I do respect him. Still +1 for you because you gave me the biggest laugh of the day!
56. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
cmon guys, please respect the guy... dont worry taco i got your back covered... but i dont know how long i can keep without thinking in jellybean...
32. JessJess (unregistered)
2. vicky123 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I concur with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your upcoming updates.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
woohoo!! the sixth iphone!!! R I P ANDROID!!! :D
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
just taunt some fandroid of course :D
for trying to post irrelevant comment just to bash apple :D
20. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
C'mon does that even matter? Are you even human? See how silly of a question that is. It's like a tootsie pop, the world may never know. lol
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
wendygarett you just pushed the first domino again. lol
22. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why thank you :)
BTW I have no intend to bash any side...
Android will never rip for the last 10 years actually :)
23. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know, it's always so entertaining to read your posts & how you incite people. It definitely makes the time at work go faster when I am not so busy.
Seriously the proposed design for the iPhone 5 does look nice, don't get me wrong but isn't the style getting a bit stale & bland now.
26. wendygarett (unregistered)
the funny thing is that those fandroid know iphone will never surpass android, and yet they still wanna troll on every apple article, such as '4inch screen 4g lte is a 2010' etc
Cant they just leave apple fanboy alone? lol
I know I bash apple sometimes but I just want to let apple fanboy know what is correct and what is wrong...
Such as playing lawsuits with competitor, and leak some apple device just to hype the shxxp is the very wrong way for Apple in order to make the profits...
Thats why I keep sayin the iphone5 is a FAKE!!! and I hope to reduce some dissapointment from fanboy :)
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol That is very benevolent of you. You are trying to ease their pain BEFORE they feel it. It seems you are convinced the iPhone 5 will not be up to par.
Well then that makes 2 of us. I thing right now what Apple needs is a boost & by that I mean they need something better than iOS6 & some thing better than that "iconic" look the claim.
There are going to be people who say Apple is on top or are content resting on their laurels but I see them walking down the same path RIM blazed if they don't change things & keep it FRESH.
Look at Android, there OS updates look different & are more & more efficient. Their OEM's make countless different looking devices. Android stays FRESH & that is why they keep on selling & selling.
I am not saying Apple is not selling but if RIM at it's prime can fail like it did, why won't Apple especially since they are following RIM's exact formula?
31. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I think.... Damn spell check, I still type foo fast for my own good. lol when I go to edit it was too late! Please fix this PhoneArena.com!!!!!
42. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Wishful thinking if you think Apple will fail. You say this every year and every year Apple smashes competitors.
Recent surveys show demand for the new iPhone is higher than ever.
SGSIII isn't selling well at all in the US. The 10 million number is sold to stores not customers.
45. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4741; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
taco50 sold to stores, really?
How do you know that out of those 10 million sold, some weren't activated in the nearly 1,000,000 activations Android has daily? The Samsung Galaxy S III is PREMIUM, it's selling well.
47. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Welcome to taco land....?
Recent surveys shows demand for the new iPhone is higher than ever for existing iPhone users.
50. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
You must check the recent post on DailyTech website, Apple sale peak on 2011 then tapped down in 2012, it continue to go down like RIM because Apple use same design and iOS for six years.
52. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Wait a min... you just mentioned a web site that doesn't have "apple" in it's name. That means taco probably won't know the site or even care even if the site is stating good valid facts. Better try again...
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4209; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I don't get this... Sometimes you bash Apple, other times you bash Android. You're just being a troll and trying to start a flame war
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
I think you misunderstand my purpose, dont you? :)
13. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Ipad mini,iPod nano and new iPhone,bank accounts are going to be emptied as Ifans will be buying all 3 that day irrevelant if they are all essentially the same device. Also seeing as the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s will have ios 6 and the new iPhone looks like its gonna be the exact same as the 4s with a slightly larger screen it'll be interesting to see ifans reaction to how actually 'new' apple claim it is
All that aside any new phone unveiling will be very interesting to see
27. JunitoNH (Posts: 1343; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
You can only design a phone so.......many ways e.g. look at the S2 & S3. Basically, they just removed the rough edges, but the phone looks as other Android design from the past. S3 looks similar to the Nexus, HTC One, and Lg revolution. I didn't say the same, as said similar. Some are ticker, slimmer, lighter etc
36. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
thats like saying people who get the nexus 7 and have an android are dumb cuz they are the same device.
17. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Lets talk about Samsung Galaxy Note 2. These iDevices are still very far from the release date.
19. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
Cant wait intill super phone comes to the market it will change the world...with all it's new features and ios6
28. ishfaq.mehraj (Posts: 10; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Who cares now about Apple rotten products...?? Android rocks...
33. JessJess (unregistered)
37. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
It's funny because people who say Apple rotten, rotten Apple, Compost or iCompost are just trolls and they know it.
38. darryl12132 (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
So which one is it the 12th or the 21st
53. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Who the hell wants a ipod nano that only have 1MP camrea on the back? it failed on their last nano generation with the camera. but a 7" Ipad Mini when that one launch we will soon see APPLE start suing ASUS and AMAZON saying that THEY COPIED US
54. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I think the small iPad will be called iPad nano not iPad mini