The iPhone 4 goes free, 4S is $99, and a 16GB iPhone 5 will run you $199, preorders start Friday
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 13:09 posted on
It is not just the screen and dock connector that's been redesigned in the iPhone 5, Apple just disclosed the redesigned prices for its handset portfolio. As you can easily guess, the single-core iPhone 4 with a 5MP camera gets the price of zero dollars, the dual-core iPhone 4S withe the 8MP shooter falls down to $99, and the new kid on the block, the redesigned iPhone 5 with LTE will debut at... you guessed it... $199...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
you guys are really going to hate the 5S next year.
20. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
to be honest since apple really kinda always makes a new phone annually around this time... there is truly no GOOD time to buy a iphone.... it really sucks coming from an ifan......
p.s. i hate the new itouch design.. does it look like i need any color in my life?!
17. tegradragon (Posts: 68; Member since: 23 May 2012)
The Nokia Lumia 920 by far is a better phone. But I'm sure that iSheep herd would go ahead and buy this. Damn it. Nokia is pretty much out of business. :(
2. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iWill pass on this humongous phone, iThink iAm going to wait for something smaller to hit the market; like that Galaxy Note 2 iKeep hearing about, it should fit in my hand nicely and iWon't need a new dock adapter.
4. thascar100 (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
i think ill just wait till october for the Galaxy Note 2.
23. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
You are comparing devices of different class comparing a Phablet with a phone
5. raphael007 (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
so that was the big announcement????
I am definitely glad I have the s3
now sammy gear up, we re taking the fruitty company "apple" to court
18. jshan (Posts: 199; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
LOL !! Did you c those LTE configs??? They are far more better than that "copysung" s3 having
7. TheCastled0 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Man, I wish I waited for this one lol. But at least i can get the S version in a year haha
8. PhoneCritic (Posts: 400; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I must say that this years iPhone release was underwhelming not only in terms of the device itself but also in the energy and pizzazz. The arura of Jobs is definitely gone. As for the device in my opinion just like the 4s before it I am unimpressed. As a long time iPhone owner till recently I feel that Apple. Is now in a slump when it comes to mobile technologies. However, lets wait and see what the remainding year brings. And no doubt this will sell millions as people, to me, just don't seem to get that this is the same old device again and again.
9. thascar100 (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
i feel the same way may change design a little but every year your pretty much getting the same device.
10. Sprintfan (Posts: 68; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Oh you lost your iphone? Here lemme add a line and send you another one for free. reh reh reh :)
11. thascar100 (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Samsungs IFA event was way more exciting then apples, they really do need Steve Jobs.
14. Srinivas (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
Compared to this i feel Nokia have done a much better job to keep their flagship Lumia 920 with the times . It's going to be a tough choice between Spec heavy LG optimus G & the aesthetic yet nicely specd lumia 920 . I feel great to give a miss to all all the phones launched early this year .
15. infinitemethod (Posts: 140; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Yes! Please let me pay $100 for 16GB of storage or $200 for 48GB! hahahahaha! I can't believe Apple's fan base still allow them to get away with that. It's 2012, instead of ripping your customers off, offer expandable memory!
16. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Wow even the ifans , are starting too wake up, and see the truth, behind ifones same repeated design. !,.. you guys should get an android phone,,, real designs and real features. I know this, because I was a ifone user, ,, never looked back :-)...
19. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
wouldnt recommend anyone that plans to play games on the iphone to get the iphone 4 8gb becuase you will become crippled with memory problems because 1st you dont get the full 8gb free and also games today easily hit the 1gb+ size add music to that and taking 8mp pic anf 1080p vid 8gb is not enough for just games let alone all that other stuff.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6797; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
lame/boring/plain IT ONLY TOOK THE iPhone to grow 4 inches in 4yrs
22. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
DO they plan to keep the 3GS on emerging markets like Malaysia or India ?
The 3GS is still a hot seller here for teens , old people or people that doesnt want to pay much for a smartphone