The history of Sony Ericsson in phones: from the first color screen to the K series, the Golden Age
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Apr 2012, 09:40
The Swedish-Japanese joint-venture Sony Ericsson stood for premium design, camera innovation and some innovative form factor ideas…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser posted on 05 Apr 2012, 10:01 11 1
I still have Sony Ericsson K750i in my drawer. :)
11. rf1975 posted on 05 Apr 2012, 11:02 6 1
I still have P910i with me. SE was very innovative from the start.
18. Mittal posted on 05 Apr 2012, 13:23 7 1
ahhh! The sweet sweet memories of my SE K750i will always be with me! ;)
Was a gift from my brother!! B-)
3. fenixsama posted on 05 Apr 2012, 10:01 4 1
My first SE phone was the 1st ever 3G phone. It was really thick and you have to twist not flip the keypad. It's camera was good at that time. I forgot what model it was. W something. Too bad it's not on the list.
4. WakaFlakaD posted on 05 Apr 2012, 10:02 0 3
This is a pretty good one comparing to the Nokia one
5. mercorp posted on 05 Apr 2012, 10:07 1 2
great phones.innovartive.but now,sony is not innovating.they are not giving us quad core and 4.7 inch screens. why,sony!
15. Mozarrt posted on 05 Apr 2012, 12:31 1 1
Whats innovating about something everybody is doing? I find their designs to be very different in a good way. Together with Nokia they are the only 2 companies who actually try to differentiate.
17. -RVM- posted on 05 Apr 2012, 12:50 3 1
Sorry, but fitting 4.7" screen and quadcore in a handset is not an innovation.
7. REYNER posted on 05 Apr 2012, 10:27 6 1
hahahaha t68i oh my... that was the 1st colored phone i've seen and got envy with! HAHAHA! :) AS WELL AS THE WALKMANPHONES the Good old days of sony how i hope they will be able to come back with a bang :) before there was only nokia SE :)
14. nghtwng68 posted on 05 Apr 2012, 11:50 2 1
My first colored phone as well. I still have the T68i phone. If they ever start a mobile phone museum it will be housed there.
Funny how far we've come....so fast. Keep it up PA.
24. PhoneArenaUser posted on 06 Apr 2012, 13:07 0 0
My first colored phone was SIEMENS M55. :)
25. REYNER posted on 07 Apr 2012, 00:18 1 0
wow really siemens? amazing..
imagine 10 yrs ago? the camera are 2-3 megapixels all are with alphaneumeric keys and the video capability are horrible..!! and honestly SE are one of the 1st who gave us an impressive imaging capability to a phone k800i I just miss you haha good old days were people still practicing a low sense of fulfillment.. phones dont have browsers or 1ghz processors simply talk and text :) nostalgic..
26. REYNER posted on 07 Apr 2012, 00:22 1 0
oops! sorry i got carried away i mean K810i hahaha
28. PhoneArenaUser posted on 07 Apr 2012, 03:21 1 0
Talking about the camera, SIEMENS M55 had possibility to connect external camera, here is example:http://goo.gl/Vi0Qn
8. wsker posted on 05 Apr 2012, 10:35 3 1
W810i .. Still have it... one of the bests, now, Neo is doing the job,
9. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 05 Apr 2012, 10:37 2 1
Ericsson T10 was my first , currently on a Arc ..Sony E is one of the proudest legendary companies out there
20. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 05 Apr 2012, 14:03 1 1
My first phone SEGH388. Them days.....
21. AhmadAlsayegh posted on 05 Apr 2012, 15:46 1 0
W800 still rocking on my table, and waking me up for work everyday...battery still like a champ, one week
And Nokia 6310 in the drawer
22. dmn666 posted on 05 Apr 2012, 16:45 0 1
R.I.P. Sony Ericsson - had much fun with W810, W995, X10, Play, and Arc. Arc S is gonna be my last SE phone :)
23. darac posted on 05 Apr 2012, 17:21 1 0
The best SE product ever IMO was C 702.
Had they released it with 5mp camera, xenon flash, and Wi-Fi (instead of K850 model ), it would be a legend.
Besides thatI had T 630, K750, C 502, Vivaz, and now arc.
They're all still in use, never had any problem apart from joystick repair on K750.
27. REYNER posted on 07 Apr 2012, 00:27 2 0
i also miss my c902 titanium and in our class most of my friends would ask is that the phone james bond used in quantum of solace? and i was just like well the phone speaks for itself hahaha
29. scottspa posted on 07 Apr 2012, 16:41 2 0
It's awesome to see this. Before Sony Ericsson, it was just Ericsson, and still pretty awesome. The R280LX, and the t28 world phone. Then I had the t68, the t68i, the t610, and finally, the w750. Still have the t68. I loved Ericsson. I think that was when my preoccupation with phone tech began, with the t68. Thanks for this article of great memories, and paying credit to Ericsson ;)