The history of Sony Ericsson in phones: from the first color screen to the K series, the Golden Age
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2012, 09:40 posted on
The Swedish-Japanese joint-venture Sony Ericsson stood for premium design, camera innovation and some innovative form factor ideas…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I still have Sony Ericsson K750i in my drawer. :)
11. rf1975 (Posts: 242; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I still have P910i with me. SE was very innovative from the start.
18. Mittal (Posts: 427; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
ahhh! The sweet sweet memories of my SE K750i will always be with me! ;)
Was a gift from my brother!! B-)
2. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
I had the K850i. I used to love that phone.
3. fenixsama (Posts: 32; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My first SE phone was the 1st ever 3G phone. It was really thick and you have to twist not flip the keypad. It's camera was good at that time. I forgot what model it was. W something. Too bad it's not on the list.
4. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 360; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
This is a pretty good one comparing to the Nokia one
5. mercorp (Posts: 968; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
great phones.innovartive.but now,sony is not innovating.they are not giving us quad core and 4.7 inch screens. why,sony!
15. Mozarrt (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Whats innovating about something everybody is doing? I find their designs to be very different in a good way. Together with Nokia they are the only 2 companies who actually try to differentiate.
17. -RVM- (Posts: 329; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Sorry, but fitting 4.7" screen and quadcore in a handset is not an innovation.
7. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
hahahaha t68i oh my... that was the 1st colored phone i've seen and got envy with! HAHAHA! :) AS WELL AS THE WALKMANPHONES the Good old days of sony how i hope they will be able to come back with a bang :) before there was only nokia SE :)
14. nghtwng68 (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Nov 2009)
My first colored phone as well. I still have the T68i phone. If they ever start a mobile phone museum it will be housed there.
Funny how far we've come....so fast. Keep it up PA.
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
My first colored phone was SIEMENS M55. :)
25. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
wow really siemens? amazing..
imagine 10 yrs ago? the camera are 2-3 megapixels all are with alphaneumeric keys and the video capability are horrible..!! and honestly SE are one of the 1st who gave us an impressive imaging capability to a phone k800i I just miss you haha good old days were people still practicing a low sense of fulfillment.. phones dont have browsers or 1ghz processors simply talk and text :) nostalgic..
26. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
oops! sorry i got carried away i mean K810i hahaha
28. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about the camera, SIEMENS M55 had possibility to connect external camera, here is example:http://goo.gl/Vi0Qn
8. wsker (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
W810i .. Still have it... one of the bests, now, Neo is doing the job,
9. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1332; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Ericsson T10 was my first , currently on a Arc ..Sony E is one of the proudest legendary companies out there
13. jove39 (Posts: 1273; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
My first two phones were sony -
1 . T610
20. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
My first phone SEGH388. Them days.....
21. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 253; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
W800 still rocking on my table, and waking me up for work everyday...battery still like a champ, one week
And Nokia 6310 in the drawer
22. dmn666 (Posts: 194; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
R.I.P. Sony Ericsson - had much fun with W810, W995, X10, Play, and Arc. Arc S is gonna be my last SE phone :)
23. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The best SE product ever IMO was C 702.
Had they released it with 5mp camera, xenon flash, and Wi-Fi (instead of K850 model ), it would be a legend.
Besides thatI had T 630, K750, C 502, Vivaz, and now arc.
They're all still in use, never had any problem apart from joystick repair on K750.
27. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
i also miss my c902 titanium and in our class most of my friends would ask is that the phone james bond used in quantum of solace? and i was just like well the phone speaks for itself hahaha
29. scottspa (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
It's awesome to see this. Before Sony Ericsson, it was just Ericsson, and still pretty awesome. The R280LX, and the t28 world phone. Then I had the t68, the t68i, the t610, and finally, the w750. Still have the t68. I loved Ericsson. I think that was when my preoccupation with phone tech began, with the t68. Thanks for this article of great memories, and paying credit to Ericsson ;)