The glass facades of Apple stores are cool, but easy to crash through with a car, like this
There's been one injured person, who have been quickly promptly taken to a hospital nearby in "good condition." The damages done to the store don't seem to be too big, although it will probably remain closed for a day or two until the facade gets fixed. The car smashed into a wall of accessories, but unfortunately, it also managed to hit a table full of MacBooks and a giant screen along the way.
It's not clear yet why the driver lost control over the vehicle in such an epic way, but we'll update you should we hear more about the case.
10. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Classic. I do hope the one injure person is okay.
12. Bernoulli (Posts: 2565; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
hahaha made my day with this comment lol
13. Bernoulli (Posts: 2565; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Here in the United States of Powerful America we have this thing called liability insurance required for drivers, so apple and their staff of lawyers can squeeze until the last penny of this folk's insurance, so basically apple just sold a bunch of macbooks and accessories to a car insurance.
19. cripton805 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Unless he had 100k+ coverage I doubt it covered everything.
10x2k Macs already 20k for say.
Store time off (expensive)
plus other X related charges.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
I was afraid that this is one of my friend's car, who very hate Apple so much :(
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1486; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
this will revolutionize car crashes......again
6. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
its not his fault, apple maps told him to go right......
7. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Who ever took the photos should have bought a nokia, so much blurr in the first one -.-
11. naptown2 (Posts: 70; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
the driver hates apple and was sticking it to them ...lol
14. Bernoulli (Posts: 2565; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Don't text and drive, unless it's a manual car, since on a manual you have to be a lot more alert and those of us that drive manual tend to have better reflexes
15. Droiddoes (unregistered)
"It's not clear yet why the driver lost control over the vehicle in such an epic way,"
Obviously that's where apple maps told them to turn!
16. kozza3 (Posts: 637; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
The best thing to happen to car crashes since car crashes