The future of the Nokia Lumia line includes larger screens and thinner form factors
0. phoneArena 22 Jul 2013, 14:11 posted on
Stefan Pannenbecker, the head of the Nokia Lumia design team, sat down for a published interview with mobile carrier Vodafone and said that exciting things are coming to the Lumia line in the future; while Pannenbecker says that "We still have a main strategy in design of using polycarbonate and bright colors," the launch of the Nokia Lumia 925 brought a metal unibody model to the Lumia line-up...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pradeepreddy (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
THINNER PHONE from Nokia, IMPOSSIBLE :)
12. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Blind or ignorant or both?
Don't worry, there's a remedy.
Check the Lumia 925.
24. akki20892 (Posts: 2639; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
SPECIAL day for me when Nokia announce phablet 1080p, quad core, has up to 200,000 apps , pureview, puremotion, and WP 8.1. Perfect phone for me.
34. dangchitrung (Posts: 55; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
They said that RIGHT AFTER announcing the THINNER and LIGHTER Lumia 620. Check out the specs dude.
4. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Uh, oh. I agree, but you're gonna get it when the WP fans see this.
7. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I don't care. I've been using a Lumia 900 for over a year now and my biggest complaint is the software. It's time for Android, I would just like to take the hardware along with me (I'll take Nokia's improved camera and speakerphone though)
8. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
You really got screwed with that 900. They released the (non-WP8-upgradeable) phone waaaay too close to the WP8 release.
Good luck getting a Nokia Android though.
9. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Yeah and my microphone is next to useless, camera is pretty garbage, and screen cracked (my fault -.-). Love the polycarbonate, no visible damage on device.
Tack on the largely limiting software and lack of apps and this is hardly a smartphone. It's reliable and fast though, can't complain about that.
22. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Riseagainst94 you have just been awarded the best comment ever! ^This!!!!
27. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Ill tell you that the 900 and 920 must be total opposites because I've yet to have a single problem other that the dust in my FFC which was covered by Nokia quickly. Apps are a super non issue as I feel there are plenty that fit my needs.
29. -box- (Posts: 3564; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I just switched from a 900 to a 925. 900 works great, microphone and all, and takes better photos in many situations than my wife's galaxy s3. The 925 is better in every way except color (I miss my cyan phone), and I only switched to it to get onboard the JUMP program so I can get T-Mobile's 1020 or best Lumia available early next year.
Wouldn't touch Android with a ten foot pole. Wouldn't touch ios with a ten mile one.
33. sam.7 (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
yuck! i hate lumia 900.. oldy!
check the windows phone 8..better buy a lumia 820!
35. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
great, here's another android user not satisfied with the hardware he's using. Can't blame you mate, Nokia really does have amazing hardware not existing anywhere else. And that just sucks right. But why always be the jealous one, among all the thousands here begging Nokia to make hardware for them. Then it's time to #switch :) Get rid of that plastic, might blow up in your pocket anytime...
10. icyrock1 (Posts: 263; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
And when GDR3 is released, I'm sure some people will make a flash of it to the nexus 4/5.
13. Credo (Posts: 677; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I want a 5.5" FHD Nokia Lumia device.
I own the Nokia Lumia 920, and i love the bezel.
But if they are going to make the bezels smaller it's also good for me.
Nokia always makes the Flagship's sexy and unique so i know they won't dissapoint me.
And in term of specs, don't expect a Snapdragon 600 or 800, they are just 'over powered' CPU's for Windows Phone 8.x so i expect a Snapdragon 400 @ max 1.5-1.6 Ghz.
One thing i'm really hoping for is that future flagship's will have BUILT in wireless charging, i don't need a protection cover with build in wireless charging, they make a device so ugly ...
21. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I agree about 5.5 inch display, I personally like a smaller bezel.......however if it is true with all of these new features they are adding to WP credo I'm afraid to say it will start to need more power so I'm hoping snapdragon 600 at least....
25. Credo (Posts: 677; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
That's not an problem at all for me if they will run it on a Snapdragon 600 CPU, would be epic !
15. iWinDroid (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
seems like nokia is now making their move...killing FANDROIDS little by little :P
17. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Are you deliberately trying to start a flame war.....or are you just retarded....
18. HouTexan (Posts: 282; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
I lean more towards the latter; but both may be accurate.
26. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I have to agree.. No need for those sort of comments.... I would like you to say that when its the other way around as well though ;)
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5632; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Still waiting for that monstrous Nokia tablet & phablet
28. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I'm sadly still waiting on my 1020 to come in. I might as well have just got it from the local AT&T at this rate.
31. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 660; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
we want nokia pureview android
fanboys pls dont start with '' lag os , wp is best.... bla bla bla''
we want it ... if u dont ... use ur tiles
at least let nokia make one .......
32. Credo (Posts: 677; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I'm sorry i just can't imagine a Nokia running Android ... Nothing against that beaufiful OS but that's just not Nokia ....
The best OS for Nokia is Windows Phone 8, you will see it will become very competitive and a lot of features will be added in the near future, it won't take that long ...
36. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
haha, it's really funny how you android fanboys already know about the lags and the "bla bla", and even make a disclaimer about it even before you comment. great, another android user not satisfied with the hardware you're using. Can't blame you mate, Nokia really does have amazing hardware not existing anywhere else. And that just sucks right. But don't be ashamed, im sure there are a lot of you jealous android users here as well already begging for Nokia hardware. And there is no way Nokia's gonna use crappy android, when they are the only tech company having growth right now. Then it's time to #switch :) Get rid of that plastic, might blow up in your pocket anytime now...
37. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 660; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
m using htc one right now..... no chance of lag in it.... liquid smooth......
i also have s4 but m good with both
i prefer s4 lil bit lag instead of no apps and games
i know wp have 150k apps and games but already played on android ...
android is customization king
41. iWinDroid (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
who cares?post ur comments on an androd page then, not here u fandroid.. ur just afraid that nokia will take over android os in the future.. admit it man! u know that it is happening! now f u cant accept it, shut ur mouth & leave this page.
42. iWinDroid (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
PS : we prefer 1 good app on WP rather than having a million of crappy apps on a barttery-hog-laggy OS-plastic TIMEBOMB!.
43. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 660; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i want nokia to take over android and WP also come to its real position that nokia deserves like a king....
so shuush ......... m nokia fan too ... :p
38. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2095; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
That's the way to go Nokia. Calmly, Slowly, Steadily and Strongly. Yayyy...
40. papss (Posts: 3375; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I finally see that my 1020 has shipped along with my free camera grip...next day shipping free? Sure thing AT&T..