The future of medical diagnoses may lie in simply spitting on your phone
0. phoneArena 01 Dec 2011, 11:49 posted on
Hyun Gyu Park and Yeon Won at the Korea Advanced Institute for Science and Technology think touchscreens can replace lab work, resulting in people being able to run self-diagnostic test right from their phone.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. quakan (Posts: 1257; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
right, but at least you won't have to worry about someone asking to use your gross germy phone.
2. jdrevolution (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yea, I don't think I'd want to spit on my phone and then not have it work later. :\ But hopefully they'd create some sort of protectant with the cool disease detector.
16. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Ehh, I jizz on my phone all the time and it works fine, I doubt spit will hurt it. Haha go ahead, flag me...
3. mozes316 (Posts: 142; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
God forbid you do have something and someone needs to use your phone right after for an emergency...
Now where are the comments about how people would love to spit on an iPhone and/or Android? lol
4. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
I'm gonna spit on the next iPhone I see.
19. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
that's a good one but how ? are you going to buy it?
6. tigermcm (Posts: 814; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
this is GROSS and I would NEVER want to touch ANYONES phone. Everyone's phone will smell in the future if this happens I can just taste that in the future
10. jdrevolution (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I wonder why you can "taste" that in the future. That gives me a bad image of people licking others peoples phones or something.
The furthest I can ever taste the future is if I have cake in the oven.
15. hepresearch (unregistered)
Phones already smell. You do not have to wait for the future... just put the microphone end right up to your nose, and take a big, deep whiff. If you have a non-touchscreen phone, just try the keypad... it will smell even more thanks to all the finger-cheese! LOL!
7. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I wonder how many users spit on their phones anyway:]
8. NoNeNeoN (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
about 85% give or take about 100 people.... *shudder*
9. Stuntman (Posts: 826; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
The next thing you know, they will have an app that analyses urine samples. Just pee on the phone for things like pregnancy tests.
Oh, remind me not to borrow anyone else's touch screen phone ever.
12. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Am ok if apple comes out with that tech I am going back to black and white phones.
14. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
It's been proven that most phones are dirtier than a toilet seat, so why trip? Atleast your enzymes will break some of them down, plus there are products called "disinfectants".
17. mobilemike11 (Posts: 16; Member since: 09 Jan 2010)
and Siri pops up saying, "you just gave me herpes!"
18. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
what happeneed to droid razr in the roger's commercial?