The first Ubuntu Touch hardware partner announced, still unnamed though
0. phoneArena 10 Dec 2013, 19:50 posted on
Ubuntu Touch is still on track and hoping to have hardware on the market by early 2014. The software hit version 1.0 back in October, although it still isn't quite ready for consumer release as the app store is still under development. But, Canonical has announced that it does have its first hardware partner for Ubuntu Touch, unfortunately that partner is staying unnamed for now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 798; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Unless it is meant for cheap(er) hardware, I'm not that interested
3. uchihakurtz (Posts: 278; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Meh, it still freezes occasionally on my Nexus 4, apparently it's still is Developer Preview until now...
5. dome888 (Posts: 65; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
it will be buggy for as long as it exist..look at the desktop version
4. promise7 (Posts: 479; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I'm going to guess it's a Chinese manufacturer, like how Oppo partnered with Cyanogenmod. Xiaomi seems set and doing well on their own and getting recognition especially since the Hugo Barra signing, so I'm guessing maybe Meizu, Huawei, or ZTE.