The first Tizen phone Samsung Redwood leaks out, S-Voice responds to 'Hi, Tizen' now
0. phoneArena 24 May 2013, 06:33 posted on
Brace yourselves as the Tizen phones are coming! After leaking in a developer PDF on Samsung's own website, the GT-I8800 Redwood with the latest Tizen 2.1 is displayed in a first catwalk shootout, flaunting S-Voice to boot, which responds to "Hi, Tizen" instead of "Hi, Galaxy" this time..
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 178; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Agreed... I don't get why its icons make it look really cheap tho
it makes it seem like more of a toy...
19. threed61 (Posts: 200; Member since: 27 May 2011)
I think it's Samsung that needs to give it a chance, remember Bada? Their history of continued support and updates for new products doesn't inspire confidence.
21. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 530; Member since: 07 May 2012)
it won't last, samsung didn't even support their bada os,same will happen with this, the only ones that will make sense are android,ios wp8/9 and Ubuntu, and probably jolla watch and see
26. shayan (Posts: 159; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
you are forgeting somthing. intel is on this. they wont let that happen.
besides, its opensource.
23. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Tizen is open source right? We might see some developers take a liking to this OS because of that.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
S-voice so far the only true voice assistant I can trust, by spending all these r&d... Can't wait to see this beast
8. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
we'll just have to see, who know maybe Nokia has something in their labs a nokia is always innovating
10. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Nothing beats Google Now, just saying..
13. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
i think Siri is bit better than S-Voice (my opinion)
14. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 797; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I actually dont use voice assistant, i just play with it and svoice offers more fun lol
3. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Tizen could be a great OS, more powerful than iOS and more streamlined than Android, but without dev support and a robust app store, it's no better off than WebOS or Bada. Where's the advantage for customers?
4. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
firefox, jolla ubuntu etc... they were all pretty much the same with nothing new to boast about. Hope tizen does something different... but since it is samsung supporting it, I expect something better than the above mentioned.
All I know is that the Wave (bada) flagships were really good phones.
11. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Ubuntu seems promising though.
5. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 797; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I am really excited about this redwood..
I wanna see if the tizen 2.1 will have smoother interface
9. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
A Galaxy S2 with Tizen? Come on, give us a different design.
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Come on, read the article before complaining.
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Knowing Samsung Im expecting something similar to that pic anyway; they will have to prove me wrong.
16. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Looks s**tty. Like an adroid theme. I'm afraid there's nothing left from the originality of MeeGo (no suprise here, It was Nokia's harmattan and this is just samsung-copypaste)
18. mydi.maus (unregistered)
looks cartoonish not very good sorry tizen..go to sleep tizen and s voice
20. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
If Android and iOS mated, Tizen would be the love child.
22. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1236; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I'm sorry but I just cannot take any of these new OS's seriously.
24. snowgator (Posts: 3586; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
If it runs smooth.....
If it runs Android apps......
If it offers something more then Bada, which seemed to be liked in small circles but also seemed to be a glorified feature phone.....
Then maybe this has a chance. Samsung has the name, distrubution, deep pockets, and experince to make a go of it. But, truly so far it's leaks just remind me of another grid based OS.
25. 1day_only_NOKIA_will_be_avlbl (unregistered)
Just hoped that this will look different than the Galaxy series..... but alas.....
27. rizevnarastek (Posts: 347; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I'd rather have Jolla. This looks like a toy OS that belongs on a toy phone. ...so yeah, Samsung is perfec
28. shreehari (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
comes in goes out in a year and will never make good reputation like wave
29. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Change that UI sammy, it's looking cheap and install it on Wave phones. And also use some good color combinations.