The evolution of TouchWiz: 5 years of change
0. phoneArena 29 Apr 2014, 05:52 posted on
Samsung’s TouchWiz custom user interface that runs on top of Android is now so popular that you’d be forgiven to think that’s the way Google designed its platform to look…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
39. tokuzumi (Posts: 939; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
Never been a huge fan of touchwiz. I've always liked the Galaxy devices, however. I always ended up flashing CyanogenMod on my devices, Samsung, HTC, or otherwise.
Are we using a 0 based array, or a 1 based array? 2010 was 4 years ago, not 5 (which is a 0 based array). If we are going with a 1 based array, we get 5 years.
44. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
why cant samesung just update touchwiz for every galaxy phone?
55. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10437; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The same way the iPhone 4 doesn't have Siri or Panorama.
45. osanilevich (Posts: 284; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
TouchWiz is a solid UI IMO, if they just didn't bloat it so much it would definitely be zippier
48. D600abc (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Mar 2014)
"TouchWiz first debuted on the original Samsung Galaxy S in 2010."
That's not true, the first versions of TouchWiz debuted on the original Omnia and F480 Tocco.
Get your facts straight PA.
57. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I think every hater of TouchWiz or Samsung should just shut up and stop complaining. At least it's a lot better than any other skin out there.
60. androidwpios (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Hah the best thing is stock android then CM after HTC and moto I use note3
61. Lauticol (Posts: 332; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
You should do "The evolution of Sense", since it was the old TouchFlo! (Now that I think about it, Samsung named their UI very similar to HTC's in that time)
63. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
this is what it takes for Samsung to reach today level...and i am still proud of my S II
71. maxmppower (unregistered)
72. Scorpion (Posts: 103; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
I've been using TouchWiz since it ran on my old Omnia on WM6.1 - They were the first to bring widgets, even before Android. Too bad they ditched the camera key since then. But using SII and now an S4 I really love the blueish "nature" TouchWiz. I love being able to zoom out and see all widgets at once for example. No more on the S5...
73. Scorpion (Posts: 103; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
Only thing I can recommend besides it is the Sony UI. Love the "Sort by most used" in the app drawer. Never used Sense so can't judge that. But they do need a background in the app drawer I think.
74. desmond0318 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 May 2014)
Touchwiz is user friendly, i end up with samsung after using sony and iphone..
sony's flash looks childish, iphone's need a maid to clean the desktop for a good view of wallpaper. (messy UI)