The devices Apple managed to get banned
0. phoneArena 09 Aug 2012, 08:41 posted on
The trial between Apple and Samsung might have just started, but the legal battles fought by the company from Cupertino have been going on long before that...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
68. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5457; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
PA doesn't like WORLD peace nor does APPLE
3. Astro551 (Posts: 42; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
why don't we have both? dah dah dah dah dah *woooo*
5. darktranquillity (Posts: 283; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
It wont be long before you too get the taste of your own medicine apple.
114. user312 (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
I doubt it darktranquillity unless apple decides to change everything about that retarted iphone with the next iphone they wont get a lawsut for a while
6. ajac09 (Posts: 1167; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
another biased apple we suck off article.. why do I say that? becasuse they mention the hTC x one and evo 4g LTE which were not banned by apple and only on the list to make this list make sense. FAIL
9. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
how about you read the description next to the picture you troll
you know words not just pictures and a big mouth
105. ajac09 (Posts: 1167; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
and did you read the title of this article? Phones apple got BANNED they are not BANNED stupid f**k.
106. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
ohh i'm scared you said a bad word
if your read propely it says they were banned temporary
112. ajac09 (Posts: 1167; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I am talking about the purpose of the article not the invidual parts to it. THe article says "The devices Apple managed to get banned" if the article said "The devices apple managed to get banned even if only temporaily" or something similar it would be right. Its just another phone arena pro apple article. I wonder how much them and gizmodo get in kick backs from apple.
7. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
They got it banned by paying bribes to judges, bribing billions of dollars to eye witnesses.. stupid company.. they know their products are not as good, so ban the competitors because they might eat the market share!!! looking at ANY tablet the shape is similar... Apple really really greedy!!
102. levvy (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Proof , for example, You Mr. Serious9010. How much you have got from Apple?
115. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Nothing, I even own a sgs3. What was your point again?
8. pankajgupta (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Android is here to survive.
Apple is gonna be hit big time *BIG TIME* by Windows Phone 8.
and they would not be able to sue them. I hope Apple learns its lesson soon.
95. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Trust me, they will find a reason to sue them. Are their phones square??? Offer email? There you are...
109. Rishabh (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
apple have a knack of finding weird ways to sue companies, so who knows wat will happen next but ofcourse microsoft is not to be underestimated
10. Aeires (unregistered)
Banning the Galaxy Nexus was probably the second best thing that ever happened to that phone (JB the best, of course). People like myself who were on the fence about getting this phone went ahead and purchased it. All Apple did was create a buzz about the phone and made people curious about it when they probably wouldn't have bothered before.
On a different note, good job on banning the Tab 7.7, I almost bought one because it looks exactly like the iPad! Apple has become the tool of the electronics industry, banning products just because they will look like their soon to be released products.
11. matrix_neo (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Mostly samsung products are being banned, apple realized that samsung will be their biggest competitor that's why they aggresively suing it. Sad to say this doesn't stop samsung to create better products as well as other companies. I'm sure samsung learned a lesson now, they will continue innovations and advancement of technology. Lets see next year if apple still be able to ban products, I'm sure again it will never happen anymore. Lessons learned.
12. kamil (Posts: 115; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
Hope one or more companies decides to bann apple products and see how it feels like.
13. boringman123 (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Getting some of the devices banned could help Apple to make further claim against Samsung's other devices and eventually be more convincing for the copycat accusation to the jury. There is a bigger game here.
15. ekia007 (Posts: 61; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Apple is already out of innovation which is why they are trying to ban devices. Stupid Apple.
19. gixxerrider311 (Posts: 25; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Even tho I am an iOS user I will have to say it does seem like apple wants to be a monopoly banning all these great devices...
88. techaman (Posts: 336; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
now only do you ride the best bikes, but you see from both sides. i like this comment.
20. sc5sdanny (Posts: 9; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Apple needs to get off there high horse competition is never a bad thing.
23. Savage (Posts: 431; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Another article showing Apple's greedy strategies to ban competition and own the tech-market. Don't worry Apple, you'll always remain 2nd best in everything except the tablet market.
2nd best in smartphone sales.
2nd best in PC sales etc etc.
25. doublehammer (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
@ RAY S.
Big guy, you forgot quite a few devices. They also got a dozen or so Moto devices banned as well for... pinch 2 zoom I think. I believe it was the Cliq, XT, and most of the original "Blur" line up. Of course that had like zero effect since the bulk of the devices were no longer sold.
27. ricodroid (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i wonder who are those idiots who confused Galaxy Tab and i pad .. and who on earth would buy a product before taking a look at it for F*** sake !
regardless .. guys . this has nothin to do with right or wrong .. this is about greed and control over the market ... and drawing more out of our pockets .. from the two parties .. and apple cant sue google .. so samsung seems pretty more reasonable target
40. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Please, please can someone finally start banning the TVs ?
I wanted to buy LG TV but the Samsung, Panasonic, and lot of other TVs looks
exactly the same. They all got rectangular shape with big screen and thick black bezel around it. It is so confusing..... :( What even more lot of features look exactly the same.
(the volume button sign looks exactly same on all of them, not saying about the power button).
78. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5457; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
When the apple tv comes out they will start suing vizio #1 tv in the states. Then apple will bitch n complain bout vizio copying them because of its thin rectangular shape
90. techaman (Posts: 336; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
hahahah i love this comment its called uniformity right. that way all the people in the world now how to change vol and ch and what the phone call button is/looks like
93. doublehammer (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Or DVD/Bluray players. They are all sleek, mostly all black, rectangles with a centered front screen, the disk tray is almost always on the left with power buttons on the right.... its all sooo confusing.
oh wait.. every last device mentioned has their manufacturers LOGO all over the darn thing. Samsung's is front and center. Apple's is on the back. So if there is any idiot consumer confusion over the brand, then its Apple's fault, not Samsung's. You cant get more differentiating then the large silver "SAMSUNG" logo on the front of all their products.
97. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
i went today to buy some Chiquita bananas, but there have been many other that looked exactly... :)
Ok maybe this is too much :)
43. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
don't forget the Droid Incredible 4G LTE, it's delay prevented a bunch of people from picking it up because it came after the Unlimited Data Deadline.
44. JunkCreek (Posts: 379; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
got off the wall. only m0120n people get confuse then they start abuse other. even i never see iproduct before, but i do know ipad and samsung tablet are different OS. so, u peapple, get off the wall and see the world outside in reallity.
47. MartyK (Posts: 665; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Ray S (are anyone),
How come when Motorola's win over Apple in a patent infringement case to get Apple ban
Apple go to this US district court and get the whole patent case dismiss?
Are even if Motorola get one against MS to get them ban
MS run to the same US district judge and get that lift
But Samsung and Motorola can't get the same justice they deserve.
91. techaman (Posts: 336; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
u.s companys home ground and i think its a big pay off and fan boys over there.
49. appleisawesome (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
whats worse than apple are the judges and lawyers who agree with them
52. RapidCat (Posts: 350; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
reading comment section is more interesting tha the article
67. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5457; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
PA PLEASE STOP POSTING B.S. articles bout banning products on this site. it's getting ridicules. it's like you guys out there have NOTHING BETTER TO DO. Must be very dying to test out the NEW iPhone (not iPhone 5)
72. doublehammer (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
if you can figure out how to make Apple's bullying of android manufacturers a hate crime.. sure.
87. techaman (Posts: 336; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
i wonder what would happen if samsung just said ok we are done with you apple freaks we will not support you any more, meaning no parts or anything apple would drop over night not being able to make phones software ect. that would be funning but samsung would not do it because its a good chunk of sales for samsung
98. ghostnexus (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
As long as the galaxy s series doesn't get banned I don't give a f**k
99. IXLR8 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
If we take Apple's lawsuits as precedent, I think Microsoft should file a suit against apple for copying its design for a tablet. They created the concept in 2001 and companies like HP have been making them since 2002.
104. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
If Apple is trying the Ban the Galaxy S3 by saying it looks similar to the iPhone 5/4/4S in the future.... i'll give the company QUADRUPLE FACEPALM.
107. Raptor9142 (Posts: 41; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
i wonder wat happens if apple iphone 4s gets banned :P
Apply has no other variety in smart phones.
110. Rishabh (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
although some samsung products are banned in countries like germany, samsung's business in not at all affected, it has overtaken apple in the smartphone segment , apple shud try harder to knock down samsung
113. kingstandup (Posts: 30; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
I can't believe Apple. This is just crazy. They're obviously scared of competition.
116. joeyz9949 (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
So its safe to conclude Steve Jobs was a "revolutionary" Copier who manged to get the kid who did the work first caught!
117. kombinatonz (Posts: 25; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
NO MORE BORING APPLE! WELCOME THE NEW BETTER GENERATION OF SAMSUNG, SONY, HTC, ETC...