The dark side of the Samsung Galaxy S5: 5 (plus one) mighty annoying features
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 10:28 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S5 came amidst sky-high expectations, and Samsung mostly delivered with top of the line hardware in the form of the Snapdragon 801 system chip…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
114. techperson211 (Posts: 1107; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
to be fair all smart phones have flaws but I don't think this is a direct attack to s5 it's just an article so that Samsung can take a quick look at the glitch that s5 has.
117. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
At least the so-called 'dark side' of the GS5 is nowhere as bad as other flagships out there in 2014...
119. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
People shouldn't complain about Samsung getting too many articles. It's a double edge sword. Sure you get some good press but you also get bad press like this.
Anyways, I can write a phone book worth of problems that the HTC One M8 and Xperia Z2 has with many way bigger deal breakers than the GS5 will ever have. But I won't because I am not an editor. But phonearena wouldn't either, because no one would read those articles because no one cares about those phones. Haha
129. osanilevich (Posts: 282; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
As an S5 owner, I have only 3 problems:
1. Bloatware. When bloatware and the OS takes half of your user memory, you know its an issue. Special shoutout to ATT for sending an OTA update with EVEN MORE BLOATWARE
2. Locked bootloader. I have no idea why ATT would think its ok to do this. To be fair, I am fine with stock touchwiz, I really just want them to unlock it so I can debloat. There's also the whole "Its not really a flagship with a locked bootloader" thing.
3. Camera takes REALLY fuzzy/grainy shots when I use the zoom feature even in the slightest. Its appalling
130. spo (Posts: 19; Member since: 25 Apr 2009)
this was a dumb article.
131. DaMaster (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
I got touchwiz to stop lagging by removing the default live apps from the front pages , Also use Battery guru from snapdragon , no lag anywhere, well sometimes when you have to many apps open for to long . DONT USE CHROME use Firefox it has battery issues with my S5.
The front apps except for the weather and time were removed and the lag was instantly gone. SNews and Health were the only ones I left on .
Touch Wiz feels new , if you go back to stock android from touchwiz youll know what im talking about .