The dark side of the Samsung Galaxy S5: 5 (plus one) mighty annoying features
0. phoneArena 09 May 2014, 10:28 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy S5 came amidst sky-high expectations, and Samsung mostly delivered with top of the line hardware in the form of the Snapdragon 801 system chip…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
27. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 632; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
A troll trolling a troll's comment, that troll trolled by a troll.
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL...a troll calling people a troll.
39. PorkyBurger (Posts: 322; Member since: 18 May 2013)
bloop bloop bloop bloop, you like that?
7. E34V8 (Posts: 60; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
I stopped using Samsung phones mainly because they refuse to optimize their software. The OLED screens are the best, but Samsug UX sucks.
Stock Android is fast and smooth, but Samsung somehow manage to slow it down. That is bad for the biggest smartphone seller in the world.
75. Ashoaib (Posts: 2494; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Traffic police says over speeding is dangerous for life... its better to reach late instead of reaching a grave yard by being fast... Samsung love abiding recommendation of traffic police so they some how manage to slow down the android for life safty... :p
88. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Nature says you need to move your hands fast in order to cum joyfully
9. ngyixian96 (Posts: 90; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
go home samsung, you are not smart enough.
sony xperia z series is the perfect smartphone that come with waterproof and dust resistance
11. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Lol Sony can't even sell the PlayStation, go home troll you're drunk
29. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Jealousy eh? Playstation sold more than your S5, are you jealous because Samsung can't even make a console? LMAO...what a dumb twat. Go drunk troll, you're home.
33. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Playstation dont sell? Go drunk you are home.... I mean go home you are drunk. Friendsofsamsung lmao.
37. power_x (Posts: 244; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
The first day PlayStation 2 went on sale , they sold a million copy
42. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3378; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
LOLOL Playstation 4 is the fastest selling console in the HISTORY lolol.
PS. Wii U is amazing seriously I love it NO THIS IS NOT SARCASM I love it
57. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 632; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Aha! You're a Microsoft fanboy, you should change your name to MicrosoftFTW
62. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Oh geez thats embarrassing! How hard nokiaWTF tries to pretend as a MS fanboy. I guess you never owned a console eh kid. Change your username now MicrosoftmobileOyjWTF. Pathetic.
65. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3378; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
PS4=Wii U > Xbone
Reasons? Here are a few:
PS4 because it's more powerful, has better controller and is 100 euros cheaper. Also more exclusives.
Wii U because it's so unique, has a very very exclusive game collection. It offers something for people who want a different gaming experience. Also the cheapest.
So why get Xbone when it offers nothing exclusive but Halo? PC you get more power, PS4 more power and costs less, Wii U a completely unique experience.
67. latido (Posts: 42; Member since: 31 May 2012)
go home FriendsOfSamsung you're drunk! touchwiz lag everywhere.. admit it..
73. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 632; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Whoa!!! Your account is almost 2 years old and you still have only 7 posts?
87. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1514; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Lol...my old account is 4 years old with only 1 post XD phonearena.com/user/iim
100. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Where have you been since Nov of last year?
The PS4 is the hottest, fastest, most selling game console out now. It has at least a 2-3 million lead over the Xbox One...with the PS4 still being harder to find vs the Xbox One.
The PS3 is outselling the Wii U on a monthly basis. Thats a console from almost 10 years ago outselling a console released last year.
Sony does know a lil something about game consoles. Blind fanboy is blind...
101. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Heres more lil tidbits for ya....
the Wii...as many as it sold....will never reach the PS 2 life time sales....ever.
The Wii....might.....might....pass the lifetime sales of the PS One. Thats a very shakey might tho.
The PS4 has passed the lifetime sales of the Wii U.
Yea...you are extremely drunk.....
20. power_x (Posts: 244; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Only Nokia's vibration can wake up the dead
21. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
ROFL those two memes made my day. Great article victor h. True facts, the exynos version i played with was even laggier.
28. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Bloop, bloop LMAO. Touchwiz the ugliest. I cant believe people stil defend it.
116. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Touchwiz has so many specs that no other Oems provide
Ugly in which sense
30. GoBears (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I used to really like Samsung especially the Note series. It took the M8 to pull me away. It's not their build quality that I got tired of, it's that damn touchwiz interface that desperately needs a MAJOR overhaul. Unlocked bootloaders would really help too.
31. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3640; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Playstation dont sell? Go drunk you are home.... I mean go home you are drunk. Friendsofsamsung lmao.
36. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Bloop bloop...is getting old already, why Samsung still can't change the sound effect lol? I'm also not surprised by the lags, because this is a known problem for Touchwiz, my uncle's S3 is very laggy, and it has many problems after updating to Android 4.3.
43. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3378; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I love the sound on Sony UI. The classy glass sound.
56. PorkyBurger (Posts: 322; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I liked Gingerbread's TouchWiz touch sound. Just a tick, and nothing else. But with Jelly Bean, fear and horror came inside my phone. (╬ ಠ益ಠ) God I love custom ROM's.
61. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, I remember that tick sound from the old Gingerbread's Touchwiz. Ah, good old days...It's better than the bloop bloop like on current Touchwiz.
38. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3378; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I hate how slow the my magazine is. Every time I swipe from left it opens FREAKING SLOWLY! Though I hope/guess it can be turned off, right?
44. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Touchwiz still lags and some people still deny it. Just look at Sense, it's buttery smooth, even if you swipe to Blinkfeed.
59. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3378; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah. I went to a store yesterday and checked S5 and M8. The white S5 was extremely slippery and I think the plastic didn't even feel that good. Though I didn't try the black one I heard it feels better.
But the M8 was SOO BEAUTIFUL. Most beautiful phone I have EVER seen! (Though I haven't seen the Z2 yet) And yeah it was super smooth and fast! Such an amazing device!
63. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sadly, the M8 is too expensive.
69. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3378; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
In Finland there are places where M8 is cheapest and places where it's the most expensive one. So here all the flagships are kinda equally priced. Though the iPhone is the most expensive.
109. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3802; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
On the Note 3, you have to root or install a launcher to get rid of "MyMagazine". I used Nova and it works nicely. On the GS5, there is some way to turn it off without having to install a new launcher.
47. buccob (Posts: 1653; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Thats why Sony waterproofed smartphones come with a magnetic charger option (pogo pins with dock included in the Acro S)...
If I upgrade my phone to another IP certified Xperia, I will definitely get the charging Dock... absolutely convenient
74. Teeeyoo (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
So what about if PA will also consider doing this kind of stuff to other flagships? Well unless if other flaghips are perfect then there's no need.
77. mobi_user (Posts: 121; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
This is the most funniest article I have ever read.
80. flipjzn (Posts: 187; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Out of topic: On my s4 mini duos u can't have a camera grabber/shortcut unless you disable password or pattern lock.
So is that feature (first pic) only on S5?
81. Chidoro43 (Posts: 22; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Opening and closing the usb door is pretty nit-picky. How lazy are people that this is a nuisance?
83. XaErO (Posts: 203; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
5th one is the most annoying one !!
and unfortunately even in the 5th iteration; 3rd one (TouchWiz) also kinda annoys me a lot !!
85. Nkolsen (Posts: 58; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Omg im So stupid i cant figure out how to change settings on my new phone: solution get an iPhone or dumb Phone, and let people with brains use real smartphones....
86. xondk (Posts: 229; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
I must admit I find most of these non issues, since most of them are just you know, default settings, which you can change, so it isn't really a problem if you ask me.
And the fingerprintscanner at least for me works perfectly, like 90% of the time, which is fine for me, much faster then using a code or such, not faster then swipe obviously but not really a problem to me, as with all fingerprint scanners its about scanning your finger correctly.
As for the lag with the phonebook, I really don't see it, there is a 'wait' but that from what I see is it waiting to check if if its a double home press or just a single, turn off things that check that and there's no lag. Wouldn't really call it lag.
UI: its good enough for me design wise, so I think this is more about personal taste then anything else and not really a 'flaw', no matter what device it is, it is very unlikely that everyone will like UI designs, at least you know you can change it with android if you want to.
Bloop: yes, annoying sound effect that, turning it off was first thing I did :), but again I'm sure there are people that like it, I don't though.
USB cover: oh gods yes, but then again it is like this with most usb covers, someone needs to make one that is easy to open without nails + waterproof.
I think it is very rare that everyone will like everything about a phone, there will be quirks that you do not like regardless of brand or os. Change what you don't like, and everything is good?
126. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Exactly. Better yet...where was the article like this complaining about the Rezound or just recent HTC phones in general with those flush volume rockers? And at the time Sense UI wasnt as good as it is now...and the way HTC setup that phone made it harder to find settings vs other phones.
Dont let me get started on the iPhone.....which has its Settings area all over the place vs. Android, Win Mo....dont know about WP.
89. redbaronk12 (Posts: 39; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
Wouldn't it make more sense for a waterproof phone to come with wireless charging included?
91. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I'm not surprised at all. If you need a decent Android phone you could buy a Sony or an HTC. If you need a great Windows phone, you can have a Nokia. And if you need "the" phone,it is clear- iPhone. But someonehas to give me money to use a Samsung or an LG.
92. Ammar (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 May 2014)
Useless Post. Biased one.
S5 is best phone till now. Nothing can be 100 % perfect.
96. sbw44 (Posts: 421; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Lol,ome people here would talk crap about how kitkat does not lag but there you have it, the Galaxy S5 LAGS!!!!
127. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
First....understand the difference between stock Android and Android with a UI on top of stock Android.
Do that...then try this again....
I would bet some real money....put Touchwiz over WP...and lets see what happens...
Also dont miss the part where it was a couple of apps on the phone....and not the entire phone.
105. Super3310 (Posts: 67; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Because friendsogshamesung cant accept ithe hspas no comment