The cost of charging your iPhone 5 for a whole year is just 41 cents
0. phoneArena 28 Sep 2012, 03:26 posted on
Have you ever wondered how much it costs to charge your fancy new smartphone? You might think that with those bigger screens the sum has grown from the nickels…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sarb009 (Posts: 301; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
cost of iphone 5 is 200$ more than the same or greater specs mobile phone also
2. JC557 (Posts: 1312; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Size of iPhone components, including battery, are also smaller. So in a way the GS3 is kind of a bargain.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
I never thought US electrical cost can be so cheap compare to others...
May I know the average monthly cost of electric in US? Coz I'm not I'm US...
11. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
It's between 6-24 cents depending on the state and basically the price is lower in some states because of excess capacity (Washington state idles wind farms for instance).
BTW, this article made me want to buy an iPhone over a GS3 so I could take advantage of all that savings. I mean WOW! $0.12! That's more than 3% of a cup of coffee! With those kinds of savings, I can pay off my student loans, buy a new car and fly first class!
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
WTF 24cent per month?
I thought it about hundreds...
14. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Wendy if your referring to electricity pricing per month TOTAL then my moms and grandpas averages between $120-$150
4. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Theseare just lame gimmicks by Rotten Apple to get you to buy their iCrap iPhone!
hey Apple how about making a quality product for once? Like which does not have crap OS, crap paint jobs, crap scuffing...how about stop making that entire load of iCrap and start making some REAL phones?
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't understand why are you hating me so much...
can you educate me my friend?
9. StephenEIop (banned) (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Don't be stupid, he have his own choice.. Whether he likes iPhone or not you shouldn't just bash him
6. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I don't think anyone cares about how much it costs for a whole year, since it's not that big of a deal
10. ibap (Posts: 752; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
So that's what it costs to charge the phone to run it. But what about what it costs to leave the charger plugged in all the time?
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
53 cents is a lie. it COST MORE than that to replace or fix your iphone
17. Zorin (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2010)
Plenty of ppl carry their plug to a business and ninja charge, so that's no cost to use phone user..lol