The best torrent download client apps for Android
0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2014, 07:28 posted on
Torrents are a great way for distributing software without setting up storage, servers and such, as they live in a network of peer devices, and your Frankenfile can get assembled chunk by chunk from various different places, making the torrent network very fast, and resilient too. Granted, these are often used for distributing copyrighted material, but that doesn't change the fact how awesome the torrent concept is, and it is even more awesome that Android is allowing its existence regardless of the controversies surrounding torrents - and that's the strength of Google's mobile OS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7010; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm using U TORRENT SINCE aDownloader crap out of their search browers. but don't tell anyone that :)
30. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 209; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
uTorrent for sure. Been using it on my desktops for years.
35. techperson211 (Posts: 977; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
The power of open OS! Power to do anything . Kudos google !!
2. chunky1x (Posts: 268; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
You need to pay for the best torrent download client apps for Android?!?!?! Everybody know we all use torrent download for piracy. ROFLMFAO! :D
5. xfire99 (Posts: 616; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
How many torrents client is free for iOS and WP?
iOS = 0 (Apple dont allow and need jailbreak)
WP = 1?
Android = More than u can count on u fingers.
16. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
The fact that I CAN torrent on my iPhone through jailbreak proves you wrong. It can be done and is done by thousands, so your argument and any other argument is just a waste of time. Not sure about WP, only use Android and iOS.
P.S. My iOS torrent client is free, and better than the one I use on my Android device. (Ttorrent)
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
As xfire99 has said: "Apple dont allow and need jailbreak"
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
1) Not all people knows how to jailbreak.
2) Not all people want to jailbreak due security reasons.
3) Sometimes after iOS update you need wait long time till new jailbreak is released.
4) Some people understand that jailbreaking is not supported by default and they are afraid that they can brick their device.
5) Not all people want to jailbreak due warranty reasons.
And so on...
The same way jailbreak gives you something, the same way jailbreak takes something away from you and it is so called "solution" (more like a pain in the ass in certain situations).
While on Android you don't have to sacrifice something to get something. :)
22. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Like I said, I CAN torrent and have been able to. Youre avoiding the fact that it is done and used my thousands. In the end, I am happy and torrenting. Go somewhere. Your counter was a waste of my time, and a waste of time as I stated in my OG post. Nexttttt.
23. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Educate yourself with jailbreaking and security before you try and sound smart."
Exactly! You should do that!
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Not all people want to jailbreak due security reasons because there is no official reverse engineering - security analysis made to know what exactly changes jailbreak does to iOS. Maybe jailbreak also installs malware or maybe jailbreaked iOS becomes vulnerable for certain exploits (on purpose or not on purpose). Jailbreak is not official, author takes no responsibility. Non serious businessman, politician or company owner who cares about data safety and privacy will gonna jailbreak his iPhone or iPad.
Where you see trolling here? Did I have said something not right in my comments #19 or #21?
37. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
You are missing the point. You sir, are.... Nvm better stop before I get a warning..
Use your brain and stop over thinking everything you nerd.
25. chunky1x (Posts: 268; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
You miss the whole point. My point is: Why the hell do you pay for torrent app? Frostwire, uTorrent and etc are 100% free and perform great. I never questioned Android's torrent apps but only the paid app mentioned which I still find funny. I'm still scratching my were you got this idea, "How many torrents client is free for iOS and WP?".
8. buccob (Posts: 1964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
uTorrent free version is just as good.... 1 unobtrusive banner ad... thats it...
so no, you don't NEED to pay for the best torrent apps
9. Finalflash (Posts: 2099; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I think he is trying to be funny by saying that pirates need to pay for pirating software.
3. Trolloftheyear (banned) (Posts: 66; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
What is the best free(without ads, malware) torrent client for desktop?
7. buccob (Posts: 1964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I use uTorrent both for my notebook and for my android device... specially usefull with uTorrent Remote.
The malware only depends on the webpages you visit to get your torrent files, not the program itself
I use uTorrent with ads on my phone and the only "issue" was that its CPU heavy and used to slow down my device, but recently has gotten better
20. buccob (Posts: 1964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
yes of course :)
I thought that was obvious... but you are right to assume it was not
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion it is Vuze (previously known as Azureus).
31. Totse2k15 (Posts: 342; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
AGREE. But slow isp and slow pc makes me a hit & run leecher... *Facepalm*
tTorrent & uTorrent for mobile. uTorrent for PC.
17. CoastCity (Posts: 194; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
There's no such thing like UTorrent. It's µTorrent or uTorrent when you don't have symbols or Greek letters, I'm just saying
10. hafini_27 (Posts: 397; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Utorrent, ttorrent and fluid are the best
11. KingDingaLing (Posts: 324; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
One of the biggest reasons I like Android.
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7010; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
diddo same here. got my favorite classic movies/music.
15. cse.vicky (unregistered)
Torrent is a great way of sharing files. But I hope people don't involve in piracy. It is the same as stealing, if you don't have the money to buy it, please don't steal it. It hurts someone's paycheck.
27. cezarepc (Posts: 657; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Where's the first and original..BitTorrent?
32. Totse2k15 (Posts: 342; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Same, but not much. thepiratebay.se for me. extratorrent.cc for XXX. Lol!
34. GreekGeek (Posts: 926; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Flud is the king, it's free and totally no restrictions