The best phone-to-screen size ratio coming soon to the US in the form of unlocked Sony Xperia ZL
14. alila2 (Posts: 126; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
actually it's under $600 , depend on whom your buying it from .
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1314; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
and unlocked for usage on any network in the US, as long as it is AT&T or T-Mobile.
That's the most funniest thing i've heard today...
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Kind of like Henry Ford saying you could have a Model T in any color you wanted as long as it was black....
15. torr310 (Posts: 604; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Could have just said any GSM carrier: eg. AT&T, T-Mobile...
19. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yeaa its actually pretty much all the pre-paid carriers too, so its easier to say all except sprint and verizon
4. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Great phone but pricing killed it,sorry sony try again next year.
12. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Because Americans can't afford unlocked phones! haha
17. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
No because im not dumb enough to spend money on last gen specs, like you dumbass Europeans
21. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
no u dumass will spend loads of money on s**t mobiles lik iphone so what to except from u...?
22. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
n by d way its not last year specs actually not even 1 company except sony has used rigid body on high end devices....
23. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
moron XP Z and XP ZL maybe have last year tech but if compare with with nexus 4 and S3 their have same last year processor, even with bigger screen and full HD xperia z beat them all on benchmark
xperia z even good enough to compete with htc one and S4
even dual core on xperia v beat S3 on benchmark sony heve the best optimization
sony the only one who combine beauty and durability on their device
but crapsung and icrap have more better sales
if you want latest spec just wait another sony innovatios in this year
5. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
"best phone 2 screen size ratio" ....does that even matter to customers????
10. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Actually yes. We want pocketable epic screen phones, and the XL is excellent on that front. It's smaller than the S3 with a larger screen, and thinner the bezel the more comfortable the one-handed use is. It's actually smaller (albeit thicker) than the HTC One with it's 4,7" screen.
20. vincelongman (Posts: 3130; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
A lot of people, especially Apple fanboys, always complain that Android phones are too big, but if phones had better phone to screen size ratio then they would be able to have a large screen and not very large. Like _Bone_ said this 5" Xperia ZL is smaller than the 4.7" HTC One.
I think more Android phones should have very small top and bottom bezels and bezeless sides, then a 4" phone would be about the size of the 3.5" iPhone 4S and 4.5" phones would be about the size of the 4" iPhone 5 and then 5" phones would be smaller than last year's flagships.
6. Cannabis (Posts: 22; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
AT&T or T-Mobile... and any other GSM carrier which is probably owned by or runs on either of the two networks anyways. Eh yeah makes sense I suppose
7. _Bone_ (Posts: 2150; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Why do tech sites ignore facts over and over again? The Huawei Ascend Mate has the best phone-screen ratio by 78%. Let's not ignore the manufacturer that sold more smartphones than Sony last year, shall we?
8. nikenturd (unregistered)
This is why lots of people tend to get less excited over a new Sony product...its always the high damn price
9. lovefist (unregistered)
Very true and I bet once the s4 comes out it will have almost the same price as this and zl will be irrelevant and still overpriced. Htc is best known for not listening to customers regarding sd cards and battery. Sony however is on pricing. Better get the z, small price difference.
11. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I'd sell my house to buy this phones brother... 'THE Z'
16. Urgency (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
Expensive? - yes.
Ugly? - you seriously need glasses.
18. GeekMovement (Posts: 2022; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Please come to CDMA carriers as well Sony!