The best phablets and big-screen phones money can buy in 2014
0. phoneArena 30 Apr 2014, 09:18 posted on
Last year could certainly be titled The Year of the Phablet, and 2014 is off to a great start in that category, too. In 2013, Samsung's Note family representatives met some serious competition for the first time, when most every phone maker decided to introduce their take on those 5.5"+ devices that people seem to be jonesing about lately...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I like the Note 3, the faux leather on the back makes the phone feel and look premium. I'm also excited to see what Nokia will bring to the table.
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Perfect phablet will release soon on October 22, but not with perfect OS. Go Nokia bring lumia 1520 quick.
15. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I'm still prefer Note 3 than 1520.
No one can beat note 3 in terms of multitasking and customization!!
45. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"perfect phablet" IN YOUR OPINION.
I doubt it'll be able to do half the NOTE III can.
31. Damitel (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Note 3 is simply outstanding and the overall better phablet. Any lame excuse: "Samsung were the first into phablet market?, they copied this or that? So unfortunate people hardly give Samsung credit. Note 3 all the way!
81. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Dell Streak was the first, but it failed in sales. Samsung was the first to release a phablet successfully.
104. cat5fan (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Yeah, I looked hard at the 7" Dell Streak but in the end it was junk. It took another 5 years for them to figure out we want large! Now they are going to shrink the Mega? Why?
32. the_s2 (Posts: 239; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
In my opinion, Note 3 no match for the premium finish of the Z ultra! and its a whole 100$ cheaper unlocked. plus the best part of the Z ultra deal is that priceless expression on people's face when you whip out the phablet in public and hold it against your face!
83. nofear (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Don't you forget expansion and removable battery. Xperia series do not.
101. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1215; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
can you fit the z ultra in your pocket, without looking like a weirdo as you walk or sit down?
43. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
The Lumia 1520 would be awesome but i don't love OS so Note 3 is the best for me.
54. Damitel (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Note 3 is a luminary of functionality, its multitasking stands above the rest! I will even chose note 2 above some of the phablets placed 2nd,3rd,4th as well just because of same reason- functionality.
55. rantao333 (Posts: 322; Member since: 21 May 2013)
i choose over 1520, perhaps better design and smoother experience is whats more important to me
80. sergiobr (Posts: 710; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Note 3 ... " one of the best Android phablets all around". A truly monster !
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 385; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Note 3 is the undisputed king of phablets 2013
6. Kurai (unregistered)
don't be so sure . . . and i have one word for you: NOKIA . . .
16. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Why are you so sure?
WP don't even have great multitasking functions just like note 3 :)
39. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
What's wrong with the multitasking in WP❔
48. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Try it first on note 3 and WP8..
And then you can see the different...
46. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Unless the 1520 comes with Windows 8 on board, it will be no match for the NOTE III.
3. Kurai (unregistered)
The one max is a big disappointment for me . . .