The best phablets and big-screen phones money can buy in 2013
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2013, 06:01 posted on
2013 can with every certainty be called The Year of the Phablet, no matter if you like the term or not. It marked the first year when Samsung's Note family representative met some serious competition from the other phone makers, who decided to introduce their take on those 5.5"+ devices that people seem to be jonesing about lately...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I like the Note 3, the faux leather on the back makes the phone feel and look premium. I'm also excited to see what Nokia will bring to the table.
8. akki20892 (Posts: 2285; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Perfect phablet will release soon on October 22, but not with perfect OS. Go Nokia bring lumia 1520 quick.
15. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
I'm still prefer Note 3 than 1520.
No one can beat note 3 in terms of multitasking and customization!!
45. SleepingOz (Posts: 2377; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
"perfect phablet" IN YOUR OPINION.
I doubt it'll be able to do half the NOTE III can.
31. Damitel (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Note 3 is simply outstanding and the overall better phablet. Any lame excuse: "Samsung were the first into phablet market?, they copied this or that? So unfortunate people hardly give Samsung credit. Note 3 all the way!
32. the_s2 (Posts: 199; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
In my opinion, Note 3 no match for the premium finish of the Z ultra! and its a whole 100$ cheaper unlocked. plus the best part of the Z ultra deal is that priceless expression on people's face when you whip out the phablet in public and hold it against your face!
43. Alex123 (Posts: 161; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
The Lumia 1520 would be awesome but i don't love OS so Note 3 is the best for me.
54. Damitel (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Note 3 is a luminary of functionality, its multitasking stands above the rest! I will even chose note 2 above some of the phablets placed 2nd,3rd,4th as well just because of same reason- functionality.
55. rantao333 (Posts: 140; Member since: 21 May 2013)
i choose over 1520, perhaps better design and smoother experience is whats more important to me
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 343; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Note 3 is the undisputed king of phablets 2013
6. Kurai (unregistered)
don't be so sure . . . and i have one word for you: NOKIA . . .
16. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Why are you so sure?
WP don't even have great multitasking functions just like note 3 :)
39. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2629; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
What's wrong with the multitasking in WP❔
48. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Try it first on note 3 and WP8..
And then you can see the different...
46. SleepingOz (Posts: 2377; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Unless the 1520 comes with Windows 8 on board, it will be no match for the NOTE III.
3. Kurai (unregistered)
The one max is a big disappointment for me . . .
20. Hyperreal (Posts: 105; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
i can be disappointed with sd600 but it will run as smooth as note for sure so its not a big deal. i dont care about stylus but anyway there is possibilty to use anything as a stylus like in z ultra. so overall i am not disapointed with it and going to buy it. it will be a great multimedia phone/mini tablet.
24. newbey123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Max for me! Better screen and build quality. Stylus is useless to me, plus can use anything as stylus on Max, like you said. Run just as fast and smooth since not as bloated and cumbersome as other UI. Can't wait to pick this beast up.
41. papss (Posts: 2879; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Well I finally got my l1020 back... oh how I missed it.. it's a great companion to my note 3
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 832; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
The Lenovo thing is kinda cool. But I would take the Z Ultra
21. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
ZU the ugliest over everything anyday.. it looks China cHeap because of its size.. it is really ugly
35. emadshiny (Posts: 997; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I suggest you educate yourself in aesthetics more!
Maybe its not acceptable ergonomically, but its not ugly.
Now i just saw your name...
44. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
The xeria Z design really works on the flagship and mini versions.. but the Ultra, whenever i see it on Sony stores, i just cant help but think that the store is full of cheap big china phones..
47. Finest (Posts: 64; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
well in that case i'd be more than willing to to hear your opinion bout other brands. perhaps all brands are made in china for you.
10. Snoobab (Posts: 162; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Why is every single handset manufacturer trying to one-up each other when it comes to screen size?
Our hands aren't getting any bigger.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same argument was made in 2010 and now people are adapting to bigger displays.
Note 3 is the perfect size for me. Anything larger is simply too big.
22. good2great (Posts: 1022; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
"Anything larger is simply too big."
isn't this why Snoobab said what he said?
11. binary-os (unregistered)
To big cumbersome it makes one think of what practicality there is to be had with these behemoth devices on the move.
18. richardraji (Posts: 16; Member since: 14 Oct 2013)
lumia 1520 should be among the no. 1 ,2 or 3 not 11
23. good2great (Posts: 1022; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
why does samsung have so many phablets?
25. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Nevermind, at least they have the best phablet
29. twens (Posts: 418; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Because they care for consumers who want varieties. They are not stubborn and greedy like some other company who only think of Americans when selling phones. Samsung thinks of Africa and the rest of the world. That's why their phones come preloaded with features that you don't need to buy an app or have have Internet connection with unlimited data plans.
just slot your sim card in a Sammy phone and you are good to go.Best company in the world
63. Blazers (Posts: 139; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Not greedy? I can't think of a single multinational corporation that's not. Greed is the corporate mantra and philosophy of these companies. Remember, it's ALL about money. That doesn't mean they don't make quality products. Just don't confuse the two.
77. eldyagustius (Posts: 41; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
oh how much did you paid by Samsu*** for post this comment?
26. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 925; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I knew that this year would be the "year of the phablet" and it hasnt disappointed us yet. Im going for the Note 3 because i like the specs and the improved S-Pen functionality. Phablets have been worth buying the very first Galaxy Note in 2011
27. dratomic (Posts: 332; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
1520 with android could have been legendary
66. GrandpaBo (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
Yes, but without Android you can be comfortable it won't get infected with ransomware, will run an OS that's capable of true long-term multitasking without constant memory-Nazi cleanup sessions, and will seamlessly integrate with your PC. But, if you must have 400 different 'mustache-face' apps, I guess being an Androne or an iClone is the way to go. Good luck with all those warranty exchanges!
69. Mke5Mke (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Listen to every word this man has to say! He speaks for me. Thank you.
70. Tamer81 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
You are forgetting about the fart apps! Everyone loves fart apps bacause, they all sound differently!
75. elitewolverine (Posts: 478; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
oh god no. As tech support a carrier, right now the note 3 is on backorder for warranty exchanges. This is also the case for the samsung s4
Not to mention the constant calls i get for crashing and freezing. Having to do memory dumbs, cache clears, master resets.
30. twens (Posts: 418; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I love wp8 for only one reason. It is awesomely smooth and stable. The most buttery experience i ever came across on a mobile device. All the same am happy with my note 3.
33. LikeMyself (Posts: 66; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Phablets is for women as they carry bags and can put their phablets in. Unlike men whose pocket simply can't fit that thing.
A phablet has no definition as long as it's over 5.5" to 7"screen. So size does not matter.
I just can't help but laugh openly every time I see a man taking his phablet out of his pocket!
34. papss (Posts: 2879; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
You mean phablets "are" for women?
Not the mfg fault you wear skinny jeans. Legs need to breath
36. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My Note 3 fit perfectly in my pockets when I had it idk what you're talking about.
42. papss (Posts: 2879; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I never heard what happened to your note 3??? I hate to hear that man.