The best dual SIM phones
0. phoneArena 24 Jun 2014, 09:40 posted on
The best dual SIM phones let you take advantage of two good carrier plans at once, use one of the two SIM cards for family and friends and another for work, or simply allow you to snatch that great new data plan while your contract with another carrier still has mileage left in it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
46. chocowii (Posts: 451; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Dumbphones and smartphones should have different lists.
Spec wise, smartphones really wins.
Durability and battery life, dumbphones win.
62. zhiae (unregistered)
htc one dual sim is for 430$ out from box
2. pegasso (Posts: 276; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
where are HTC Desire V, HTC Desire VC, Samsung Galaxy S Duos, Acer DX900, and many more...
28. pegasso (Posts: 276; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
so many thumbs down?
i guess some particular fanboys just can';t accept the fact that there are better-equipped phones than their beloved phone out there...
but it's glad to know that PhoneArena pays attention to reader's feedback and update the list with HTC Desire V and Samsung Galaxy S Duos.
btw, you guys should check the Lenovo S880.
and maybe you can put it on your list too.
33. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
What is the point of this articles, when most of them are not on the U.S. or EU market. Only import on full price.
U.S. and E.U. carriers will never let the big OEM to sell high-end dual SIM devices.
Samsung have no problem to put dual SIM on S4 or Note 3, but then they will lose the deal with the carriers. Even is Samsung sell it only at full price on the el.shops, the carriers will break the deal with Samsung.
Only low end dual SIM devices can go.
34. taikucing (unregistered)
in the world
50. rahul.niks (Posts: 86; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Do you think whole world resides in eu and us, i bet your geography is weak.
3. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
the NOKIA asha and the SONY XPERIA go are by far the two sexiest phones in the list!!!!!
17. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
but that xperia tipo dual isnt dual standy... only dual sim one standby... like nokia do to their dual sim.. just hot swap, not dual standby.. i really dont know why sony go on this path... i mean a lot of android device now that is dual sim are dual standby!!
11. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Sexy or not, the Nokia asha series are just plain dumb phones!!!!
13. aokde (Posts: 186; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
well i don't know about this since i didn't use it, but i know that the XPERIA tipo dual is one SMART sexy phone :D
4. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 418; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I never knew ViewSonic made phones... lol
5. fenixsama (Posts: 32; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
How can you say these are the best dual sim phones when there aren't any reviews made and most of them are not out in the market yet?
14. sebaa (Posts: 28; Member since: 30 Jun 2009)
The Galaxy Y Duos is out there, i have use it for couple weeks, the bad side is the screen is a bit wash out.
7. imran_khan0786 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Galaxy series is not a good dual sim phone. Its has lot of problem can't use whatsapp. When using whatsapp second sim will be off. Best dual phone is Asha 305 with new using interface. Excellent phone.
9. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
I hope Nokia uses the asha 305 design again I like it!
22. pegasso (Posts: 276; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
they've updated the article.
now HTC Desire V is on the list.
12. IgorEfremenko (Posts: 73; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
I was expecting to see ZTE U960 as the best dual sim smartphone. Just read its specifications: Android 2.3 OS Qualcomm MSM8255 1.0GHz 3G GPS WiFi 4.3 Inch...
But here is the most important part: DUAL SIM ACTIVE STANDBY (i.e. it is the only dual sim android smartphone with TWO radios)!
15. jael206 (Posts: 145; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
i thought all these phones are already dual-active standby..
49. rahul.niks (Posts: 86; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
In which world do u live, Android 2.3 is out of this world in new smartphones, even someone gives that, come to India, you will find much better phones with kitkat and snapdragon 200 and 400 processors and dual sim and 1gb ram and still under $100 without any carrier subscription
54. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You better check the date of comment bro... This is a updated rehashed article... I think PA should make fresh comments to avoid confusion.
56. rahul.niks (Posts: 86; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
That's why, i am not checking that. N that's why i was too confused with these kind of comments like they are not from this world. Thanks buddy.
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
my photo is the new acer phone! :) but gonna change it!
18. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
the list is not a good one... first the tipo dual aint dual standby.. the asha line aint a smartphone and not dual standby...
the acer really is a good choice! i just hope that acer just raise the battery capacity to at least 2200mAh, 1500 mAh on a 4.3 qHD phone wont last a day... and thank for its processor for lowering it down...and i thought that they use mediatek's new chips!!
samsung already announce a new dual sim phone called the galaxy s dual.. i think its the s advance dual sim version... but great news about the phone is using dual core (qualcomm) and dual sim and ICS!!! i just hope not dual price! :) i'm hoping its only around $230 or php10,000...