The best dual SIM phones
0. phoneArena posted on
The best dual SIM phones let you take advantage of two good carrier plans at once, use one of the two SIM cards for family and friends and another for work, or simply allow you to snatch that great new data plan while your contract with another carrier still has mileage left in it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. pegasso (Posts: 129; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
where are HTC Desire V, HTC Desire VC, Samsung Galaxy S Duos, Acer DX900, and many more...
28. pegasso (Posts: 129; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
so many thumbs down?
i guess some particular fanboys just can';t accept the fact that there are better-equipped phones than their beloved phone out there...
but it's glad to know that PhoneArena pays attention to reader's feedback and update the list with HTC Desire V and Samsung Galaxy S Duos.
btw, you guys should check the Lenovo S880.
and maybe you can put it on your list too.
33. Long1 (Posts: 391; Member since: 18 May 2013)
What is the point of this articles, when most of them are not on the U.S. or EU market. Only import on full price.
U.S. and E.U. carriers will never let the big OEM to sell high-end dual SIM devices.
Samsung have no problem to put dual SIM on S4 or Note 3, but then they will lose the deal with the carriers. Even is Samsung sell it only at full price on the el.shops, the carriers will break the deal with Samsung.
Only low end dual SIM devices can go.
3. aokde (Posts: 184; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
the NOKIA asha and the SONY XPERIA go are by far the two sexiest phones in the list!!!!!
17. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
but that xperia tipo dual isnt dual standy... only dual sim one standby... like nokia do to their dual sim.. just hot swap, not dual standby.. i really dont know why sony go on this path... i mean a lot of android device now that is dual sim are dual standby!!
11. Martine (Posts: 102; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Sexy or not, the Nokia asha series are just plain dumb phones!!!!
13. aokde (Posts: 184; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
well i don't know about this since i didn't use it, but i know that the XPERIA tipo dual is one SMART sexy phone :D
4. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 393; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I never knew ViewSonic made phones... lol
5. fenixsama (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
How can you say these are the best dual sim phones when there aren't any reviews made and most of them are not out in the market yet?
14. sebaa (Posts: 23; Member since: 30 Jun 2009)
The Galaxy Y Duos is out there, i have use it for couple weeks, the bad side is the screen is a bit wash out.
7. imran_khan0786 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Galaxy series is not a good dual sim phone. Its has lot of problem can't use whatsapp. When using whatsapp second sim will be off. Best dual phone is Asha 305 with new using interface. Excellent phone.
9. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
I hope Nokia uses the asha 305 design again I like it!
22. pegasso (Posts: 129; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
they've updated the article.
now HTC Desire V is on the list.
12. IgorEfremenko (Posts: 31; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
I was expecting to see ZTE U960 as the best dual sim smartphone. Just read its specifications: Android 2.3 OS Qualcomm MSM8255 1.0GHz 3G GPS WiFi 4.3 Inch...
But here is the most important part: DUAL SIM ACTIVE STANDBY (i.e. it is the only dual sim android smartphone with TWO radios)!
15. jael206 (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
i thought all these phones are already dual-active standby..
16. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
my photo is the new acer phone! :) but gonna change it!
18. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
the list is not a good one... first the tipo dual aint dual standby.. the asha line aint a smartphone and not dual standby...
the acer really is a good choice! i just hope that acer just raise the battery capacity to at least 2200mAh, 1500 mAh on a 4.3 qHD phone wont last a day... and thank for its processor for lowering it down...and i thought that they use mediatek's new chips!!
samsung already announce a new dual sim phone called the galaxy s dual.. i think its the s advance dual sim version... but great news about the phone is using dual core (qualcomm) and dual sim and ICS!!! i just hope not dual price! :) i'm hoping its only around $230 or php10,000...
19. jael206 (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
hey, i actually own a nokia asha 200, and it IS dual active standy
20. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh sorry.. i thought its not dual standby... some of the nokia phones aren't like that!
21. jael206 (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
its ok.. but you are right about the tipo dual tho.. you need to make use of a key to switch from one sim to another.. which is kinda lame nowadays
23. jael206 (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
i could have voted for the xperia tipo dual, but changed my mind for not being dual active.. so my best bet of the bunch will go for the HTC DESIRE V!
24. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
well actually htc one v sucks a lot! lame battery lae display...
have you ever heard of lenovo p700? i dont know why both gsmarena and phonearena didnt list them on lenovo phone sections (maybe because its triband, but i think triband works ok for me)...
P700 is ICS, 4" IPS display, ang 1ghz processor... they both of them are compared and there's no shocking that P700 wins because of much cheaper (only 10,000 philippine peso compare to htc one v 17,000!) and already has an IPS display and faster processor!
you can google/bing/yahoo search it (i dont know what search engine you use) and look for yugatech . com's website!
25. jael206 (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
nice one from lenovo! how come the google results are mostly from philippines? is it exclusively for PH?
26. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
umm...yeah... i think... its in my country (ph) and it beat htc one v in dust... coz i think lenovo just want to prove something first before entering the android wmpire of the world!! and its only triband so i guess it wont be available on US since ph and us have different frequencies!
35. taikucing (Posts: 575; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Nah, Lenovo is not exclusive for Philiphine. It's biggest market is Asia, but the supply sucks. Have you ever heard Lenovo P780? It has a monstrous 4000 mAh battery.
29. Wiked (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Oct 2013)
I am not sure what dual standby means. I had a telstra dual sim and could only use one card at a time, had to activate the second card which would de activate the first. I see no mention of the HTC one m7 802w which has 32gb of internal memory 2 gb ram, 1.7ghz quad core processor, 4mp camera, 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.7 inches touch screen with a front camera for video calling
30. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4718; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It is a shame the dual SIM phones aren't available in the U.S.
31. andregabeh87 (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
And about Motorola Moto G dual sim version? It's avaliable here in Brazil and some other markets.
32. tumchaaditya (Posts: 53; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Ohh boy you forgot XPERIA M dual which is very good mid-low range dual sim phone with specs to rival some mid range phones!
38. blattlaus (Posts: 51; Member since: 12 Dec 2010)
+1 The C2004 model of the Xperia M is the only dual sim phone that you can use with T-Mobile 3G in the US.
37. abhijithkumar.nit (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
I am looking to buy alcatel one touch idol x but I am unable to find it anywhere. Can someone help me in this regard?