The best S Pen apps for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, II, Neo, 8.0, 10.1 and NotePRO
0. phoneArena 06 Feb 2014, 09:50 posted on
We are rounding up some of the best Android apps that take advantage of the S Pen stylus in Samsung's Note line of phones and tablets, apart from the excellent stock ones like S Note, in case you've grabbed such a device, and are heading for a Play Store (window) shopping spree...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Thanks PA for this info :)
This will make my galaxy note much better....
13. rd_nest (Posts: 553; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
The Hancom "Office" app inbuilt for all Tab/Note Pro devices is the best app that I have seen recently.
2. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Sketch em, and traces are also other great applications to have on your Galaxy Note or Galaxy Note 2 find those also in the Google Play store. Samsung has done a great service to current Galaxy Note family devices and opened up a clear market that will great with each upcoming device. And most of all the applications are ported into the Google Play store which is also excellent.
3. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Thanks people for such useful apps! Samsung you're going to rock this year with you upcoming sdevices. Keep popularizing this direction of your awsome work and people's hearts and minds will be in your backyard!
8. SleepingOz (Posts: 2377; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
I remember someone once said that the s-pen is pointless.. Lmao!
9. Myrith (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
LayerPaint is a pretty great drawing app that's probably even better than Sketchbook Mobile.
Its best feature is probably the ability to undo and redo using the physical volumn buttons. Makes the drawing process a lot faster. It also has a watercolor brush tool (blend brush), which is a staple for a lot of desktop computer artists, that I don't think any other mobile drawing app has.
11. SalmonPaste (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Serious Paint is also a great app for painting and drawing on a Note.
It's about the closest thing to being on a workstation, in terms of natural brushes and color selection etc.
12. livyatan (Posts: 499; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
And some people here say they will replace their Note 3 with the Lumia 1520.
15. williamdroid (Posts: 106; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
The comment section was fine until you posted. Why hate? I love my Note 3. I am getting the Lumia 1520. Why? Because its an awesome fone as well. If you dont like it or its OS, why even bring it up on a Samsung article? Its people like you that give us Android fans a bad rep.
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 1866; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I was not aware that so many s pen enabled Android apps. Note is in the third generations and its finally gaining developers support.
21. The13thKing (Posts: 23; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Who buys nokia :| ? You must be old i guess :\ sorry bro but our guess here is that you're lying. Good luck anyways with thebest selling phones in the world Nokia lol
14. ianbbaa (Posts: 177; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
where is HandyNote...or HandyMemo....those are great ones - also LectureNotes is great
19. Ishmeet (Posts: 31; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
Just the thing I wanted to see. Have been an owner of Note II since a long time, but couldn't find too much of s pen optimized apps.
And, btw, doesn't the note line has sketchbook for galaxy app by autodesk already preloaded, it's just the same as sketchbook pro, except for it's small optimizations for the s pen, like the air command menu.
20. Psykotik_Dragon (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)
It's only preloaded on the Note2014 tablet & the Note3 phone...there is an apk out there that let's you get it on the older Note devices (such as Note2 or Note10.1) & it works admirably...I replaced the sketchbook Mobile I previously had with no regrets.