The best Android phone out there now: which one is it?
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2013, 14:17 posted on
That’s it! After months of hopes, whispers and leaks, it’s all come true - the Samsung Galaxy Note III is here and the Sony Xperia Z1 has also arrived in its full cameraphone glory…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
96. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
the bezel is because its water proof , 3000 mAh Battery and a 20.7 MP Camera
109. iushnt (Posts: 920; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
I think its also because of lack of engineering capacity from sony!!They could have reduced their bezel
41. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
considering how big the bezels are it might aswel be. for a 5'' phone the z1 is massive.
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1142; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Its so hard to choose so i'll rank them
1- Xperia Z1 & Note 3
2- LG G2
3- Samsung GS4 & HTC One
108. Pancoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
My order exactly.
Thank you LetsBeHonest for not starting the 50th comment fanboy war.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7013; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
NOTE III is #1 but for me Z1. still both GREAT ANDROID DEVICES.
14. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
if i could vote for two phones, Z1 and NOTE 3...
17. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Sorry, but if the note 3 comes with lookout preinstalled as a system app. Its garbage out of the box. Battery life severely impaired for no reason, as well as valuable system resources. Just watching the bloatware add up.....its gonna be heavier than sense 4 soon! lol
28. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 649; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Phonearena bring back them red thumb down.
35. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
wow, what a compelling argument you make. Thanks for you input.
42. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9727; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If it comes without Lookout out of the box, what's so hard about going to the Play Store and downloading it from there? That's the lamest excuse I've heard in awhile.
49. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Re-read my comment, i think your confused. And now that i think about it i may buy one...only because i can root and rip ALL sammys garbage off it and run Cyanogen...Cause i do like the specs (how cant you) but i'm gonna have to feel the leather....not sure on that.
62. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9727; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sorry I read it way too fast. :(
Root it and disable the pre-installed apps. The only carrier app I left was My Account from T-Mobile and that's it. I may install the S4 camera to my phone today if I have time. Other than that, it's running stock 4.2.2. Tried a 4.3 beta rom and was not optimized yet for my phone.
22. mishooo111 (Posts: 30; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
i would get moto x, why isnt there moto x in the poll.
its the best all around android phone without any gimmicky features and specifications that i am never going to use
23. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 893; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Galaxy Note 3 without a doubt.
If I were to list:
1. Galaxy Note 3
2. LG G2
3. Galaxy S4
4. Xperia Z1
5. Htc One.
37. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Your list tells everything about your logic!
110. iushnt (Posts: 920; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
2. Xz1 and it continues
don't bias it that much. z1 is a great device, if it had a slim bezel then it would be no.1 in my ranking
112. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Huge bezels are there for reasons:
huge camera sensor on top
huge speaker at the bottom
3000 mAh battery in a 8.5mm body
water and dust proof.
now final choice is yours. do you prefer loosing those great abilities by minimizing the bezels??
26. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
I'd like the z1, but given I'm in the US, the Note 3 is the most realistically available phone. Too bad as it looks like someone beat it with the ugly stick.
27. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Gn3. Not tryna bash but i don't see the z1 going anywhere. It's just going to end up like the xperia z. And everybody knows it. This is the same type of hype everyone was giving the xperia z when it was first announced. We all know where this is going.....
45. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9727; Member since: 14 May 2012)
What I've been saying the past couple of months lol.
32. Captain_Doug (Posts: 912; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I'm still sold on the Moto X. That form factor is killer.
53. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I was wondering why it wasn't on the list. So what if it has two main cores, it's optimized well.
34. LAKAME_MAN (Posts: 46; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Both Note 3 and Xperia Z1 are awesome devices. Spec/feature wise I think the Note 3 has the edge (overall), but I prefer the Z1 :D
44. amats69 (Posts: 1225; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I cant Rank it all now coz other phones still not in market..i will give my ranking as long as i personally hold and hands on the actual units on this phone.. Ive got a chance on reviewing the s4 and htc one..but i prefer the htc one coz as of now i didnt experience any lags unlike the s4.. So ill wait for the new devices to come to my region.
52. willywill_evo (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
The Note 3 with a big as Zero Lemon battery will be my next phone
56. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Moto X or Note 3, until the Nexus 5 comes out (hopefully lives up to expectations).
66. xmusicianguy (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
I voted for the Galaxy S4 since I have it. It's awesome! However I think the Note 3 might just trump that!
68. legend1 (Posts: 104; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
phonearena u shuld also add the acer s2 its has awesome specs and it can capture 4k videos
72. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I'd take the Moto X or Nexus 4 over these, honestly.
74. freebee269 (Posts: 529; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
I voted for the g2. The note is too big for my taste. I want an android phone with ois and a 1080p display. The g2 gives me the best option.
75. SonyPS4 (Posts: 302; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Xperia Z1 is the best. I love Triluminos display, it has best camera among android device, simple UI, great build quality, omnibalance design, waterproof, huge battery, all nice accessories like lens and smartwatch. Only letdown is 16GB internal storage. Im hoping for 32GB min.
76. Kelley71 (Posts: 51; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I'll still take my Photon Q; keyboard for the win. With CM10.2 and the right tweaks, it benchmarks competitive with the One.
77. yasir-921 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
G2 has a better camera, better life, better dimensions than the rest!
83. luigi0824 (Posts: 47; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
note 3 is just specs upgrade, no innovation and still boring design so i'll go with xperia z1
87. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I can't argue that the note 3 has the best specs out there, but since I'm not in for a phablet I'm not even considering it. Plus the Z1 is beautiful.
90. jellmoo (Posts: 821; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
My only issue here is that the is only a tiny bit smaller than the Note 3. Size wise, it's in phablet country, but it's missing the big screen benefit of the Note 3.
102. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I would say its more than a tiny bit smaller than the note 3... But it is definitely a larger device than the other 5" flagships out there. Half of it is also that I find the design more appealing than anything out there aside from the custom Moto X, not only the phone itself but Sony's UI.
Then again I'm on AT&T and the Xperia Z was only on T-Mobile... Hopefully Sony will be smart this time...
89. DaGeorge (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Note 3 > Z1 > G2 > One > S4 > iPhone 5s
Z1 will get much more in xda !
91. xosman (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Note 3 best phablet 2013,sony zu is just a bad idea it should wait not rush
92. jellmoo (Posts: 821; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I hate to say it, as I haven't been a fan of the line, but the Note 3 does have an awful lot going for it. I like the fact that Samsung has deviated slightly from the same boring design, and that they went with a larger screen without making the device any bigger. Also, unlike the Mega or Ultra, it isn't big for the sake of being big. There is a lot of functionality here.
1. Note 3
4. Moto X
5. GS 4
97. hellonerds (Posts: 273; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
For me note 3 ..I'm getting it :) everyone has their own taste buds .. Lots of great phones this year.. I like the G2/Sony also. I hope everyone gets what they want for Christmas :D note 3 is all I need.
98. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
In the end, there is only fanboyism. No fact can destroy our stand for the things we love and enjoy.
99. jaxson983 (Posts: 43; Member since: 11 Aug 2013)
The beauty of this topic is that everyone has things that they look for and like or don't like about phones and with android you have hundreds of options. For example my phone lives in my pocket so I hate the 5 inch screens but with android i'm not stuck with one company is telling me is best.
100. Gdrye (Posts: 109; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
well im going with the xperia z ultra as my game of choice, but if i wasnt for that id have the G2 in my hands, im not drinking the samsung kool aid
101. miket247 (Posts: 81; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
I'm waiting for the Nexus 5 before I decide. If it has the features of the LG G2, with the lower no contract price, I get the N5. If the N5 doesn't have the G2 features for camera and screen, then its the LG for me.
103. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I doubt Google will be able to pack in 1080p, plus S800, plus 13mp camera, plus the 3000 mAH battery for the same amazing price, unfortunately... For me, personally, I can live with 720p and an 8mp camera, instead.
114. Kevro_86 (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I like what I see with the Note III, but a couple others that I am watching very closely that I believe will deliver premium build quality are:
HTC One Max
115. LocoCHON (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Z1 of course. I cannot use a Note 3 in the shower!
124. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9727; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I just lost faith in the PA community...