The best Android phone out there now: which one is it?
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2013, 14:17 posted on
That’s it! After months of hopes, whispers and leaks, it’s all come true - the Samsung Galaxy Note III is here and the Sony Xperia Z1 has also arrived in its full cameraphone glory…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
40. abdane (Posts: 491; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Note 3 > Z1 > G2 > S4 > One >>>>>>>>>>>>> iPhone 5S
95. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 218; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Oh wow. I didn't know the iPhone had the Android OS.
60. eli577 (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
G2 > Note 3 (too big for me to be pocketable) > S4 > Z1 One > iPhone 5
128. anymany (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
LG G2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
best size screen ft body
24. AnTuTu (Posts: 1429; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Don't cry mate it happens every time when Sammy brings its Beasts.
46. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Thanks for repeating everything I said. Fail lol.
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4703; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
It's between the Samsung Galaxy Note III & the Sony Xperia Z1. The Sony can literally survive sh*t the Samsung would succumb to.
To me the Sony wins by a hair. If the Note III is a 99.9 the Xperia Z1 is a 99.91 because it can survive anything, BUT the Note III has it on looks, style & beauty.
I REALLY want the Samsung Galaxy Note III & I am going to get it, but I am trying to be unbiased here. I am looking at the overall "BIG" picture.
29. KParks23 (Posts: 512; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
When it said out there NOW i assumed they were talking about phones u can actually go buy today!
85. fatTony (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
That's exactly what I thought, too. We haven't had the chance to put those unreleased phones through their paces so all we're going off are the specs and limited hands-on reviews. Ask this question in a month.
31. rd_nest (Posts: 1174; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
This is an invalid poll..
Create a poll for 2nd best device, coz we already know that Note 3 is in a league of it's own. FACT.
Poll: Which is the 2nd best device (we already know Note 3 is best)??
104. Baseballer (Posts: 132; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
S4 is doing bad based on these polls. In fact people have been choosing the Htc One as the better phone. So i bet it'd be the Z1 or G2 since they were just announced
36. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Support your idea please.
fanboys like you can't justify their idea.
whats better with Note3?
P.S: I will buy Note 3 as my next phone but i wont agree about your comment.
38. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Battery, Android 4.3 out of the box, display, size, design, accessories, and believe it or not, S-Pen. As a college student, that's a pro in my book.
48. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
That explains everything! You're still a student..
57. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Judging by your user name, you're how old?
51. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Battery: 200mAh more than Z1 with 0.7 inch bigger screen. (now you see the reason for those bezels.)
Android 4.3: full of bugs.
Display: no difference. both have great displays.
Accessories: check out Sonymobile site to see which one supports more accessories.
S-Pen: Definitely a great feature but not for everybody.
You forgot 3GB RAM which i think is the best thing Sammy could bring with Note3.
now whats your idea about these:
better camera, better audio quality(with regard of that huge speaker), waay better design and build quality. water and dust proof.
GSMA says it comes with android 4.3!
58. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Battery - Quoted to be 30-50% more than on the Note II, which lasted over 14 hours on a single charge
Android 4.3 - Not full of bugs
Display - Personal preference = Super AMOLED
Design - Note 3 --- The Z1 is so damn boring and plain
Accessories - Note 3
RAM - Note 3
Audio quality - Note 3
Camera - Z1
Speakers - Note 3
Note 3 is winning all around in my book.
61. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Again without support...
you're not the one to argue with.
you need some good professors to become more logical.
63. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's a discussion, not an argument. I presented facts. It's up to you to agree or disagree.
67. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
You presented Smurf made facts!
Thats what i saw in you previous comment.
71. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
As i told you, i wont argue with you anymore.
i'll leave you alone with your truths.
64. eli577 (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
LOL....like your style.
Nobody has ever reviewed the Note 3 or the Z1, but you already know that in terms of software, audio quality, speakers and camera performance which one is the best.
73. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I hate to burst your bubble but battery benchmarks in any device using the Snapdragon 800 have been nothing better than ordinary.
105. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Coming from a SAMSUNG GALAXY fanboy like you that only buy Samsung like you i wasn't surprised
59. sharks (Posts: 199; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Everyone is trying to copy the HTC One, including the "One" name. What a shame!
65. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4703; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
What?!? Who is copying the HTC One's name? The Samsung Galaxy Note III, the Sony Xperia Z1, the LG G2, the Samsung Galaxy S IV & the Apple iPhone 5.
"One" name...... What in this Earth are you talking about...Willis?!?!? lol
70. rihel_95 (Posts: 281; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Still hoping for next Nexus with amazing price point! :|
86. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Note 3 same boring UI since Galaxy launch. but still it's a hot product......!!! and sony need to change UI too, like HTC have change their UI.
Sony Xperia Z1 for me.
106. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
The launcher in the Z1 is a little bit different
107. gorkapr (Posts: 73; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
how do you know the note 3 is better than any other phone if the phone doesn't be released yet?
111. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
PapaSmurf , AnTuTu, _Bone
u know what they will said whenever samsung phones launch. lol
119. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
not 3 ........roar.............. like a lion
2. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1127; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
None of them really impress me. But the GS4 is the most well rounded.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oops, look like you made a typo. Xperia Z1 < Note 3.
There you go.
19. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
He probably like Z1 more because it's suits him better just like you prefer note 3 .
Xperia Z1 no way inferior to note 3
25. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4703; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Thank you. Sony has a bada$$ device in the Xperia Z1.
33. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Well technically it does have less ram. ;) But the IP58 cert is kinda a big deal. And touchwiz. Ouch.
113. chaosnightmare (Posts: 70; Member since: 20 May 2010)
Z1 display is too small for the size of the phone, almost the overall size of the note III without the giant screen benefit, also capacitive buttons >> on-screen buttons, s-pen is perfect for multiple tasks (like drawing and web browsing) and unless you have a pool at home IP58 is as innovating and useful as 4k video recording
6. imnotascammer (Posts: 93; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Z1 hands down. Thought Note 3 is a phablet?
39. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
z1 is barely smaller than the note 3 because of its huge bezel. z1 is almost phablet it self even though it has a much smaller 5'' screen.
7. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
the Note 3 is not a phone , it a phablet
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Then by your logic Xperia Z Ultra is a tablet.
13. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
With bezels like the Z1 you might as well call it a phablet.