The best Android phone out there now: which one is it?
The LG G2 was unveiled earlier, and come to think we have all huge brands unveil their flagship devices for the second half of the year! True, true, we are still waiting for Apple’s new iPhones and the Nexus 5 should be coming soon, but the first is not an Android device, and the other one is still struggling to get mass adoption.
So let’s skip them for a mere second and look at what we have right now: the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is the ultimate phablet with a 5.7” 1080p screen and upgraded S Pen; the Sony Xperia Z1 brings a small cameraphone revolution with snap-on lenses, 20-megapixel ambitious camera, gorgeous design and waterproof body; and the LG G2 with its also amazing camera and stupendous ergonomics with its buttons on its back.
But that’s not all! The Samsung Galaxy S4 is still selling like hotcakes and the HTC One has never gone out of fashion and remains the only premium Android smartphone with an exquisite aluminum design and great front stereo speakers.
So which one would you get, if you had to spend your precious dollar right now?
- Which phone would you get?
1901 votes (1901 votes) Samsung Galaxy Note 3
1477 votes (1477 votes) Sony Xperia Z1
2237 votes (2237 votes) LG G2
676 votes (676 votes) Samsung Galaxy S4
1040 votes (1040 votes) HTC One
571 votes (571 votes) Another device
40. abdane (Posts: 474; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Note 3 > Z1 > G2 > S4 > One >>>>>>>>>>>>> iPhone 5S
95. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 156; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Oh wow. I didn't know the iPhone had the Android OS.
60. eli577 (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
G2 > Note 3 (too big for me to be pocketable) > S4 > Z1 One > iPhone 5
128. anymany (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
LG G2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
best size screen ft body
24. AnTuTu (Posts: 675; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Don't cry mate it happens every time when Sammy brings its Beasts.
46. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7690; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Thanks for repeating everything I said. Fail lol.
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3849; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
It's between the Samsung Galaxy Note III & the Sony Xperia Z1. The Sony can literally survive sh*t the Samsung would succumb to.
To me the Sony wins by a hair. If the Note III is a 99.9 the Xperia Z1 is a 99.91 because it can survive anything, BUT the Note III has it on looks, style & beauty.
I REALLY want the Samsung Galaxy Note III & I am going to get it, but I am trying to be unbiased here. I am looking at the overall "BIG" picture.
29. KParks23 (Posts: 446; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
When it said out there NOW i assumed they were talking about phones u can actually go buy today!
85. fatTony (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
That's exactly what I thought, too. We haven't had the chance to put those unreleased phones through their paces so all we're going off are the specs and limited hands-on reviews. Ask this question in a month.
31. rd_nest (Posts: 739; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
This is an invalid poll..
Create a poll for 2nd best device, coz we already know that Note 3 is in a league of it's own. FACT.
Poll: Which is the 2nd best device (we already know Note 3 is best)??
104. Baseballer (Posts: 131; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
S4 is doing bad based on these polls. In fact people have been choosing the Htc One as the better phone. So i bet it'd be the Z1 or G2 since they were just announced
36. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Support your idea please.
fanboys like you can't justify their idea.
whats better with Note3?
P.S: I will buy Note 3 as my next phone but i wont agree about your comment.
38. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7690; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Battery, Android 4.3 out of the box, display, size, design, accessories, and believe it or not, S-Pen. As a college student, that's a pro in my book.
48. PunyPoop (Posts: 714; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
That explains everything! You're still a student..
57. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7690; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Judging by your user name, you're how old?
51. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Battery: 200mAh more than Z1 with 0.7 inch bigger screen. (now you see the reason for those bezels.)
Android 4.3: full of bugs.
Display: no difference. both have great displays.
Accessories: check out Sonymobile site to see which one supports more accessories.
S-Pen: Definitely a great feature but not for everybody.
You forgot 3GB RAM which i think is the best thing Sammy could bring with Note3.
now whats your idea about these:
better camera, better audio quality(with regard of that huge speaker), waay better design and build quality. water and dust proof.
GSMA says it comes with android 4.3!
58. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7690; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Battery - Quoted to be 30-50% more than on the Note II, which lasted over 14 hours on a single charge
Android 4.3 - Not full of bugs
Display - Personal preference = Super AMOLED
Design - Note 3 --- The Z1 is so damn boring and plain
Accessories - Note 3
RAM - Note 3
Audio quality - Note 3
Camera - Z1
Speakers - Note 3
Note 3 is winning all around in my book.
61. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Again without support...
you're not the one to argue with.
you need some good professors to become more logical.
63. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7690; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's a discussion, not an argument. I presented facts. It's up to you to agree or disagree.
67. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
You presented Smurf made facts!
Thats what i saw in you previous comment.
71. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
As i told you, i wont argue with you anymore.
i'll leave you alone with your truths.
64. eli577 (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
LOL....like your style.
Nobody has ever reviewed the Note 3 or the Z1, but you already know that in terms of software, audio quality, speakers and camera performance which one is the best.
73. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I hate to burst your bubble but battery benchmarks in any device using the Snapdragon 800 have been nothing better than ordinary.
105. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Coming from a SAMSUNG GALAXY fanboy like you that only buy Samsung like you i wasn't surprised
59. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Everyone is trying to copy the HTC One, including the "One" name. What a shame!
65. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3849; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
What?!? Who is copying the HTC One's name? The Samsung Galaxy Note III, the Sony Xperia Z1, the LG G2, the Samsung Galaxy S IV & the Apple iPhone 5.
"One" name...... What in this Earth are you talking about...Willis?!?!? lol
70. rihel_95 (Posts: 208; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Still hoping for next Nexus with amazing price point! :|
86. akki20892 (Posts: 3302; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Note 3 same boring UI since Galaxy launch. but still it's a hot product......!!! and sony need to change UI too, like HTC have change their UI.
Sony Xperia Z1 for me.
106. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
The launcher in the Z1 is a little bit different
107. gorkapr (Posts: 47; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
how do you know the note 3 is better than any other phone if the phone doesn't be released yet?
111. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
PapaSmurf , AnTuTu, _Bone
u know what they will said whenever samsung phones launch. lol
119. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
not 3 ........roar.............. like a lion
2. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1047; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
None of them really impress me. But the GS4 is the most well rounded.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7690; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oops, look like you made a typo. Xperia Z1 < Note 3.
There you go.
19. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 737; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
He probably like Z1 more because it's suits him better just like you prefer note 3 .
Xperia Z1 no way inferior to note 3
25. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3849; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Thank you. Sony has a bada$$ device in the Xperia Z1.
33. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Well technically it does have less ram. ;) But the IP58 cert is kinda a big deal. And touchwiz. Ouch.
113. chaosnightmare (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 May 2010)
Z1 display is too small for the size of the phone, almost the overall size of the note III without the giant screen benefit, also capacitive buttons >> on-screen buttons, s-pen is perfect for multiple tasks (like drawing and web browsing) and unless you have a pool at home IP58 is as innovating and useful as 4k video recording
6. imnotascammer (Posts: 31; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Z1 hands down. Thought Note 3 is a phablet?
39. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
z1 is barely smaller than the note 3 because of its huge bezel. z1 is almost phablet it self even though it has a much smaller 5'' screen.
7. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
the Note 3 is not a phone , it a phablet
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7690; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Then by your logic Xperia Z Ultra is a tablet.
13. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
With bezels like the Z1 you might as well call it a phablet.