The battle of the $99 phones: poll results
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Apr 2012, 06:45
The Nokia Lumia 900 is finally available and it’s not only the first big attempt by Nokia to make it in the US market, but also one of the first major releases that will show just how competitive Windows Phone is…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MickDM posted on 09 Apr 2012, 06:54 3 2
vh, thanks for a more positive and slightly less subjective article... i would mention however, that 33.32% is actually much closer to one quarter of the votes than one half of the votes...ijs...
5. Victor.H posted on 09 Apr 2012, 07:02 3 1
Thanks for mentioning that, MickDM, I've edited to clarify it's nearly half of the votes the Lumia 900 got.
3. baldilocks posted on 09 Apr 2012, 06:58 8 8
Not surprised. Most iOS users don't read and or vote on phone blogs.
4. ddxmms posted on 09 Apr 2012, 06:58 7 0
its a simple math there is old and older and there is the new one of course people will buy the new one if they got the same price.
6. remixfa posted on 09 Apr 2012, 07:11 6 4
i voted for the 900. as much as i want an SGS2, the SGS3 is right in front of us. Id rather spend the next 3 months playing with something new and fresh and then get the SGS3 when it drops.
And yes, that cyan color has quite the draw. lol.
15. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 09 Apr 2012, 07:50 0 7
REMIXFA It's a CRAPDRAGON! Remember.....
17. remixfa posted on 09 Apr 2012, 08:00 3 1
lol. yes it is. crapdragons are not powerful enough for android, however they do run well on windows since its a much more simple OS. My long term phone is the SGS3, the nokia is just my interm new toy. :)
I have an HD7 that I won. My daughter uses it as her personal media machine. It works very well. Thats just an old crappy S2 crapdragon in there. WP7 wont get a serious look from me until after the Apollo/wp8 upgrade that brings dual/quad cores, bigger cameras, and the most important feature.. desktop mode. Then a WP8 tablet or maybe even a phone will be on my watch list.
18. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 09 Apr 2012, 08:03 1 8
True.... half baked OS...
9. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 09 Apr 2012, 07:25 3 10
N900 lumia nothing new same old same old
Outdated specs.... this would not able to
push 1080p videos on you tube desktop site.
12. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 09 Apr 2012, 07:36 1 11
Crapdragon cortex A8 OLD outdated....
28. bbblader posted on 09 Apr 2012, 10:32 3 0
dude you will need a quad-core android phone to beat a single core wp7.5 phone
so please tell me how slow shoud wp get to match 2core androids?
19. zuckerboy posted on 09 Apr 2012, 08:16 3 4
i would choose the sgs2 but i've allready have it :D
20. Glim12808 posted on 09 Apr 2012, 08:20 4 0
Although i voted for the 900, I won't be buying this phone because it's too soon to buy a 2nd WP device when it has only been 3 months-and-a-half ago when I bought my 1st WP in the HTC Radar.
But my 2nd WP device will most certainly be a Nokia Lumia WP8 device. Wasn't it reported by PA as being called the Nokia Lumia Prodigy? I'll probably be buying one towards the end of 2012.
22. droiddomination posted on 09 Apr 2012, 08:58 1 3
galaxy s 2 ftw. 4000 quadrant, excellant display, customization like crazy. ics on mine is super smooth. i got the lumia 900, battery sucks. very boring and heavy plus the sim holder tray is loose and sticks out on the edge. maps was great and also call quality. windows is def very smooth on this phone, but smooth usually means boring and no true multitasking ability.
24. pongkie posted on 09 Apr 2012, 09:33 3 1
i chose the lumia because my SGSii keeps rebooting with no apparent reason that it bothers me even i hard reset it, update the latest firmware it still doing it. Seems like it doesn't matter how pumped up the specs if the OS can't handle it and crashes.
27. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 09 Apr 2012, 10:27 0 0
O look's like the odd one out.... unlucky you.
I`ve never had this issue..... well it's faulty then?
30. Cwebb posted on 09 Apr 2012, 12:24 0 0
Take it into your respective carrier's shop that has a tech center, they'll fix it/replace it for free, at least if you have Sprint
33. pongkie posted on 09 Apr 2012, 19:32 1 0
I got a official non-carrier version i already took it to their authorized customer service center but no luck. I guess im stuck with this phone for a while
34. Cwebb posted on 09 Apr 2012, 20:42 0 0
Ouch. Good luck, my only suggestion is to search the hell out of the interwebs. Thats one of the few drawbacks of buying an international phone
31. remixfa posted on 09 Apr 2012, 12:29 0 0
its called "warranty", use it.
all phones roll off an assembly line. All phones have a certain % that have issues.
32. pongkie posted on 09 Apr 2012, 19:28 1 0
all they do is hard reset that it which I can do back home. they wont replace it because the problem occurs randomly that when im there its a waiting game till i start to look stupid.
26. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) posted on 09 Apr 2012, 10:22 0 1
You doughnut..... yea they are yum yum
nom nom nom tasty yummy yummy....