The all new HTC One (HTC M8) rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design pictures
0. phoneArena 24 Mar 2014, 02:31 posted on
The HTC One started a new era for HTC, but it has aged and it’s time for a new flagship - the HTC One 2, a phone that would build upon the legacy and improve…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
35. nexusdude (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
The funniest pun I've seen on this site and not a single like. What's wrong with people?
2. Troysyx (Posts: 170; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
THey really kept the 4MP camera? wow. I had the One, and that was honestly the only complaint about the phone i had. You would think that with the technology nowadays, they'd be able to bump that ultra pixel camera to 8MP or 10MP.
20. BesnikRrustemi (Posts: 44; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
,i currently have a Nexus 4,but im planning to upgrade due to camera and display,etc.
Nexus 5 looks cool overall but i prefer HTC One Stereo Speakers,Aluminium Body,Camera Quality.etc
my only Cons for the htc one are:
1.No menu button (or remove them all and go for onscreen buttons like nexus devices
2. a camera with 4mp while others reached 12+(nokia with 41mp),no matter how good its camera is,you cant really zoom a single photo because Pixels will appear immediately,the quality is good but a non zooming camera is kinda useless.with that great quality,8mp will honestly be enough and make a Beast Phone.
if those two th
23. Gemmol (Posts: 730; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I will admit after 1520 I love the HTC One design, I especially love the HTC speakers, I will admit the speakers alone almost took me away from 1520, until I hear the 1520 speakers but if I was still on droid I would get htc as my next phone if they keep the speakers and keep it up with the sexy design......
41. SlowPoison77 (Posts: 27; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
if u will install custom roms like MIUI, then htc logo will be ur menu button, i only dont like the 4mp camera, rest is good
59. Teja171 (unregistered)
But that voids the warranty right off the path.
47. Hyperreal (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Do you really zoom your pictures so often? I never. I know it could be more than 4mpx and its not the best camera but its descent and an average screen on laptop/pc doesnt have more than full hd so for me 4mpx is completely enough (its about 2680x1560). No menu button? dont you know that home button in htc one is also a menu button and multitask button? hold it - menu, double click - multitask.
48. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 239; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I think they arent stupid to putt again a 4 MP UP camera,I think they are going to putt a new technologie on the camera
62. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I'm not sure who wrote the image text, but in the actual article it clearly states:
"It will be the first phone to feature such a dual camera, without aiming it straight at 3D photography. Instead, rumors agree that the dual-sensor setup will contribute most to improved focusing, depth of field and overall image quality."
The Toshiba twin 5MP sensors (at 1.4 µm) they mention can output a 13MP image. If HTC implement their own sensors (at 2 µm) this may mean a slighly lower resolution than 13MP, but still larger than 4MP in dual-shooting mode.
98. 7Superman9 (Posts: 77; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
They kept the ultra pixel sensor. Nowhere does it say that the rear shooter is 4mp/up. If anything the front camera will be 4mp/up. Plus with the second camera, I'm sure you can take images ator around 13mp.
But in the end we will have to wait and see.
105. d1zzyb0y (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
also looking forward for this phone ,but it seems HTC dont care about the feedbacks they got from that 4 UP camera
106. BiN4RY (Posts: 83; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
You do realize that sensor pixel count != image quality right?
3. jerrycutshaw (Posts: 38; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Agreed...I LOVE my ONE except for camera quality. I see no reason they couldn't put the Sony 13 MP OIS camera in the LG G2 in this model. If it had this camera I would go out buy it day one ...less than an than 8 and I will pass entirely.
32. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Hopefully they bring out a higher UltraPixel or just ditch it I love my one but I feel it's camera is lacking compared to other flagships but at least the low lighting is pretty decent
5. zhiae (unregistered)
i want snapdragon s805 :'(
27. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
s805 is made for tablets !!!! MY GOD !!! People...please do some research..
37. david1247 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
ah no it is made for both,
"Using a smartphone or tablet powered by Snapdragon 805 processor is like having an Ultra HD resolution home theater in your pocket, with Ultra HD video, imaging and graphics, all built for mobile. We’re delivering the mobile industry’s first truly end-to-end Ultra HD solution, and coupled with our superior Gobi LTE modems and RF transceivers, streaming and watching content at Ultra HD resolution will finally be possible." source qualcomm media blog
72. Topcat488 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
6. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Hm, I'm not feeling too excited about the rumors, but I loved the HTC One design so much I hope they don't make it exactly the same but take the design and make it even better.
7. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
I'm a little worried for HTC as there is a steady stream of rumours lately that Samsung is going to release the S5 (with aluminum, no less) in Q1 - which will, once again, leave HTC fighting for attention....ugh....
8. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
The HTC TWO doesn't look that impressive, that would have been a great phone this year, but not a Flagship for 2014
10. amats69 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
If they dont make an improvement of the camera of this phone..sorrh htc but ill pass...im not saying that htc ones camera is bad but htc can do better than that...just improve the camera and put bigger battery....then im sold.
11. ajac09 (Posts: 1477; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
HTC really needs to rethink the ultrapixel camera.
12. trickster_qc (Posts: 101; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
if they release the phone with the same camera, it will be a flop. For sure.
Almost every One owners complain about the camera. It's just not good enough to be on a flagship phone. It's behind the S4 the 5s and the G2.
Also a bumb to Adreno 330 seems a bit thin
13. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
I highly doubt they'd keep the 4mp camera, since the technology probably does exist to make it atleast 8. I also doubt they'd make it 16GB since 32 is the standard on the One and pretty much every other phone out there.
Really though, the S5 sounds awful. Would be my next phone for sure since that is the only thing that could dethrone the G2. In all sense of the word, this phone sounds perfect
63. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Furthermore, the article states it'd be using the Toshiba 5MP twin-sensor array which outputs 13MP images. If HTC implement their own low-light sensors into the Toshiba-array it'd be a bit lower than 13MP, but still well above 4MP. Wild guess; probably in the 8-10MP ballpark, which is more than adequate for photography.
With that in mind and the added quality, low-light sensitivity, noise reduction and 3D imaging that array-style cameras offer I'm willing to wager this will be a massive hit.
14. babyk (Posts: 278; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Get rid of the ultra pixel camera immediately OR ELSE.......
15. hotty (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
if the camera is not bumped too some serious megapixel count it has no chance of success
16. hotty (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
4 mp camera on a flagship phone of today is a black spot on its image
17. NateAdam8 (Posts: 388; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Bump it up to a 8 or 12 Megapixel "UltraPixel" Camera and this would rock.
19. harsha_bonmec (Posts: 14; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Just the 8/13MP Ultrapixel please... and not fingerprint sensor BS please...Refine the design more.. may be even thinner sides? and overall thinner profile.. Dont make it any bigger pls and with a 5" display of same quality.
21. tombcd (Posts: 16; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I don't believe in 4MP camera - this would mean no progress from the One. I expect them to bump-up the megapixel count a little bit, to 5-6 megapixels, while still maintaining great low-light capabilities. I don't want them to join megapixel wars but 4 MP really is too low for me.
I also expect bigger battery, 3000 mAh minimum.
They already have the best display on the market so it can stay there, also the sound subsystem is great.
25. MrTzr (unregistered)
Your comment doesn't make sense. You don't want them to join the megapixel war, but you do want HTC to bump-up the number of pixels...
28. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I'll translate because clearly u lack intelligence.. HE MEANS 5 MP or 6 is enough...he thinks 200 MP are an overkill..
33. tombcd (Posts: 16; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Yes I don't expect/want 20+ MP, just a few megapixels more for more detail.
42. ollienightly (Posts: 37; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
just how dumb are you? we are seeing 20mp even 40+mp, and you call mere sub 10mp joining the war?
anything south of 6~8mp is just way too low. it's not joining the nonsense mp war by bumping the pixel to an acceptable level.
22. ChafedBanana (Posts: 365; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
If HTC could improve the microphones on it over the original One so that I wouldn't have to talk so loud into it that would be great.
97. Taters (Posts: 6342; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That is a suck t c problem, not the mic. I think they have shoddy wiring and contact points that interfere or something.
24. ChafedBanana (Posts: 365; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I am hoping the overall dimensions of the exterior won't increase but they probably will. A 5 inch screen would be perfect (I always felt the 4.7 inch of the One was a tad small) but with those speakers, I'm sure the phone would have to grow in size. Yeah, I'll agree with everyone else. The camera on the One sucked. But at least it had OIS. My Galaxy S4 may have 13 MP but have of the pictures come out blurry due to lack of optic image stabilization.
29. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
so u talk about One and s4 but probably u have none...cul
26. JEverettnow (Posts: 224; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Everyone turns into an HTC nuthugger before the phones come out and then after the release nobody praises them anymore. That phone was garbage! This phone has today's high end specs, but will come out when phones are well beyond that. No thanks!
30. jwalker55 (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Ditch the worthless low-res camera sensor, HTC. I've owned an HTC One since release, and the camera is AWFUL. There's no argument to the contrary. They can call it "ultrapixel" or whatever they want, it's nothing more than a cheap, low resolution sensor that performs like one. It has the worst dynamic range of any phone camera I've owned in quite a while.
34. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
If they don't upgrade those 4megapixel it's gon' be the last year for htc seriously..
128. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
the 4mp or not you sure htc did great
36. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
can you bring back the sdcard larger battery something like above 3000 maybe larger ultra pixel would be great grab the bull by the horns and finally give people what they want oh dont forget 32gb internal
38. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
4pm again???? good for you HTC so your flagship is comparable with low-end and mid-ranger from other competitors.
I am curious if HTC has really no ability to make (or bring) its camera better to be a real rival with Samsung, LG and Sony. If it pays attention to what its customer want then its company will be better and better (not going to lose QoQ/YoY as now)