The alarm clock on your Apple iPhone stopped working starting today, will fix itself on January 3rd
0. phoneArena posted on 01 Jan 2011, 05:12
Once 2011 began, no matter where you live, a 1/1/11 bug started which prevents Apple iPhone users from using a "one off" setting on the alarm clock; the problem will correct itself on January 3rd...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Ohsnaps (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 07:31 0 0
3. bb (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 07:34 0 0
suck one Apple
4. cellgeek82 posted on 01 Jan 2011, 09:03 0 0
My alarm clock worked fine. Maybe a few are affected but mine was ok.
5. Hulk (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 10:24 1 0
My phone is on 4.1 and this mornig it did not rang. Still have problem.
6. Random Dude (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 10:34 0 0
This is the same type of bug that hit the PS3 a while back. I wonder if this type of bug exists in all devices. Only heard about it on the Zune, PS3, and now Iphone.
7. trentsinmypants posted on 01 Jan 2011, 10:36 1 0
Yup, I had the same problem. Running 4.1 jailbroken and no alarms went off
10. bling bling (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 14:11 1 0
iphone shows that it is now an old tech cuz it can not show you 1/1/11 it will work till 2010 which has passed , so the iphone is telling you not to buy iphone anymore
11. Rus T (unregistered) posted on 01 Jan 2011, 16:34 0 0
I was late for work this morning thanks to this bug!!!!
12. therygy posted on 01 Jan 2011, 17:17 1 0
i have a droid 2 and my alarm did not go off, same with my child and wife who has the droid X
13. Rawrzellers posted on 01 Jan 2011, 21:14 2 0
My alarm went off.... oh wait no iPhone problem solved.
14. Long time Nokia user (unregistered) posted on 02 Jan 2011, 11:17 3 0
Iphone4 has a great display. And that's all. Lot of functions what Nokia uses are missing. battery terrible, signal terrible, flash videos from web not accessible. It was a mistake to buy it...
15. thatguy (unregistered) posted on 03 Jan 2011, 07:45 0 0
Terrible Battery? Ha, out of the Samsung Captivate, HTC Aria, Htc Surround, and Samsung Focus the iPhone 4 I currently use has better battery life way above the rest.
16. remixfa posted on 03 Jan 2011, 09:14 0 0
wow, another iphone fail. guess they wanted to start this year off with bad press too. "hmm.. how do we beat antennagate... lets make it so alarms dont work!!!" lol.
thatguy... i doubt u had all those phones. And i can tell u from experience my Vibrant gets a better battery life most days compared to an iphone4. the difference is, you have to be intelligent on an android device and remember that the phone multitasks, something that the iphone 4 wont let u do because apple thinks ur too dumb to manage your battery yourself.
17. therygy posted on 03 Jan 2011, 11:35 0 0
there are many ways to save battery on the iPhone4. mine now lasts two days!.
Try putting the brightness about half way instead of full.
When you no your not going to find wifi, turn it of - that helps the most.
Also turn location services off if your not going to be using google maps to locate yourself for a while.
If you find them unneccesary, turn push notifications off. then it wont be constantly checking all your apps
Last, double click the home button and the multitasking pops-up, when there are a lot of apps on it, hold one and then a "-" sign pops-up on them which means delete off multitasking bar, and then go through and delete them all.