The U.S. has three times as many smartphone users as the U.K. has people
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 21:21 posted on
Smartphones have finally started outselling feature phones, and smartphones are taking off in certain regions. Taking a look at the top 15 countries ranked by smartphone penetration, you may see a few countries that you didn't expect to. The U.S. clocks in at number 13 on the list, tied with Canada at just over 56% smartphone penetration...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2873; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
A sample size of 1,000 for a country of about 325 million? It's been a while since I've taken Stats, but I doubt that's a size worthy of statistical significance.
5. TerryCrowley (Posts: 188; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
I've mostly stop giving a hoot about articles on PhoneArena. I got to say though, you're one of my favorite black people and my favorite commentator on PA.
6. a_merryman (Posts: 733; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Are you sure the sample size of your survey for favorite black people and favorite commentator is big enough to carry statistical significance?
In all seriousness though, 1000 is a pretty small sample size, I thought the average was about 5000 to lower the chance of anomalies?
8. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Where is Japan?
9. pinkpanzer (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 May 2013)
and more proof yet that smartphones only make people stupider
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3059; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Small countries are mostly at the top. Great to see. What are the nos. of China and India?
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
baring in mind about 40% of chinese still live in rice paddies in the country im gonna say it wont be near the top...
17. wizzardtech (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
China, India, Pakistan Philippines etc. have a little smartphone penetration due to the fact that average people cannot afford one. They only earn average salary of $100-300 monthly so a
$40-100 cellphone is enough for them. As long as they can call and txt, thats all that matters.