The Samsung Stratosphere II shows up in leaked image
0. phoneArena 01 Nov 2012, 18:24 posted on
The original Samsung Stratosphere was the first Verizon side-slider to offer LTE connectivity; now, more than a year after the launch of the original, the sequel has appeared in a leaked photograph from evleaks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 818; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I prefer the Droid 4's keyboard over the current Stratosphere.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
hopefully there'll be a Droid 5 in the near future. if they do it right i might would trade my MAXX HD for one.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5808; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Like he said, if the Droid 5 is just right, he would be willing to ditch the DRMHD for the D5.
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i won't get it until tomorrow. the MAXX HD is a very nice phone but i still long for my keyboard.
16. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2840; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Motorola really needs to hurry up with the Droid 5 already. I would have probably picked up that Motorola one that Sprint offers if it was on Verizon when I was still with them.
I would LOVE to have a 4.3 inch color boost 720p display, 5 row moto slideout keyboard, quad core s4 pro processor, 2 gbs of ram, and with jellybean.
Those specs I mentioned aren't going to happen anytime soon, maybe sometime in 2013 but we can dream can't we?
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i doubt the S4 Pro or the addition of an extra GB of RAM because i don't think Motorola would want to 1-Up their Flagship Razr HD devices with something like a Droid 5.
the specs i would expect are...
a 4.3"-4.5" Edge to Edge 720p Colorboost Display
a regular 1.5GHz S4
1GB of RAM
5 Row Edge Lit Keyboard
a battery size between 2000mAh & 2530mAh
8MP Camera Rear Camera & a 1.3MP FFC
all being powered by at least Android 4.1.2 and the device will probably have a sleeker design.
the design is probably the leverage they'll use with the Droid 5. i'd hope for more of course but this is along the lines of what i'll expect.
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
or it may very well have an OMAP5. we'll just have to see.
i'd imagine we'll see it at CES when Verizon typically does their after holiday device announcements.
23. JC557 (Posts: 677; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
But the touch screen is very accurate and stock keyboard is quite good, swift key a little better.
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it is. i've hit a Touch Screen Typing stride but i still prefer the physical touch.
18. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
the weather widget looks wierd in landscape
2. Droiddoes (unregistered)
"The screen might be a little larger, the processor might be faster and the camera sensor might be improved, but the device still screams mid-range."
Quoted for truth. I cannot fathom why anyone would release a single core, much less an LTE single core device at this point.
Although I have sold a sh*t ton of Stratospheres,
3. Googlethis (Posts: 168; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
same hear for some reason thats all people want is the cheap keyboard phones and then turn around and never use the keyboard lol.
9. lsutigers (Posts: 611; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Basically the Sprint Motorola PHOTON Q 4G LTE from Samsung for Verizon. Although the Moto probably has a better keyboard.
17. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2840; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
And a larger display and higher screen resolution. The Q has a 4.3 inch qHD display at 4.3 inches.
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
a more accurate comparison would be to the Relay 4G for T-Mobile.
i can about promise you Motorola's 5-Row Keyboards will blow the keyboard on this thing away.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5467; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This one is nice. u guys have no idea how much STRAOSPHERE we sell. I've sold lots of these
11. itzmando (Posts: 109; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
My younger sister has one, she hates it. For a mid-range phone it sucks.
She has major battery drainage, heating issues, random reboots and call quality just failed. She is on her third one since we upgraded her in DEC '11.
Plan to just speak to CS and get a different replacement, she doesnt want a keyboard anymore as its too bulky for her to carry around.
Will try to get a RAZR for her at least.
13. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
if you are selling a lot of stratosphere's you must work for a reseller & not a corporate location, which means you don't have to deal w/the backlash of the multitude of issues w/this phone seen at the corporate outlets. stratosphere is not a good phone by any means...along w/the samsung stellar.
12. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
gross...there's enough issues w/Stratosphere I. why keep it coming?
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
im really considering the photon q if i some how dont get the nexus 4....
15. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1026; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
What the heck is the 4th touch button with the 3 dots? I've never seen that before.
19. g2a5b0e (Posts: 1793; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
When Google got rid of the menu button with the release of ICS, some OEMs kept it & restyled it into the three dots.