The Samsung Galaxy S 4's game pad accessory can now be preordered for $113
0. phoneArena 21 Mar 2013, 08:19 posted on
Gamers who were eying the official game pad by Samsung, announced at the Galaxy S 4 unveiling, can now rejoice because the lovely accessory has been put up for preorder at MobileFun...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. GTR722 (Posts: 252; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
and we start with the overpriced accesories...just like some company I will not name xD
15. MrJerry (Posts: 401; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
What if it comes with some games preinstalled?
Im just hoping...
24. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
it comes with 8 preinstalled, and will be compatible with 80
31. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Neither the cheap plastic construction nor overpriced games is IMO worth $113.
Most game app are free to begin with.
I wouldn't pay more than $19.99 for this P.O.S.
2. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3276; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
113 dollars?!?! For a controller?! Y'all cray.
32. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
They want idiots to overpaid for their products since Samsung spent hundreds of millions of dollars in adverising trying to convince consumers that their overpriced products are worth overpaying.
34. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3276; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Whoa! I didn't go that far. I think Apple is far more guilty of those claims.
4. 0bsessions (Posts: 7; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Yeah, no thanks. I would've been willing to look past how much of an eyesore it is for the sake of a more comfortable controller, but that's a ridiculous price. I'll opt for the Moga instead.
6. KParks23 (Posts: 502; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Hahaha what a joke u can just pair ur ps3 controller and play Any rom... Only uneducated people would buy this and I think it only works with games u buy from Samsung I could be wrong tho but either way it's a huge waste!
7. MrJerry (Posts: 401; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I guess the price will get reduced soon anyway..
8. superguy (Posts: 272; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
And what really good content out there would merit such a purchase?
9. pwnarena (Posts: 1019; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
less than a hundred dollars more and you can already get a vita. that's too expensive.
10. thachlel (Posts: 75; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
I'd save that money for a real console game!
11. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Suddenly, $50 for the MOGA controller becomes cheap.
12. taikucing (unregistered)
$113? It can buy not only the controller, but also the whole android console (OUYA)
13. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Im getting it for sure, why get a $600 phone then use a $10 controller from some knockoff site. Get your cake up people, or stick with prepaid phones.
16. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 502; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
What's having your cake up have to do with getting a $113 controller for a phone??
20. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Because if money wasnt a issue with people, they would get it reguardless of the price. But for most people because it is, they buy a $600 phone then get a cheap controller
22. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Logic: If I can get a $350,000 house, I should also get a $70,000 car. Because monies.
Buying a $600 phone does not mean that one has another $100 to spend on piece of plastic with some buttons. I could get a PS3 controller for $50 and use the other $50 for something nice.
23. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
No, you could get a cheaper car. Just know that it wont perform the same. A PS3 controller will work yea but it wont do everything this controller does. For one, its preloaded with 8 games, and you can use it when you mirror your phone with a HDTV, you can STILL use the controller while letting the phone charge. Try that with a PS3 controller.
28. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Use Bluetooth and MHL and it should all work.
Alternatively, for $100 you can get an Ouya AND a controller. Android games on the TV.
We're almost approaching the pricing territory of actual handheld gaming systems. Ones with screens, maybe even 3D, and exclusive titles.
33. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Stayfly2407, I am not responsible if you drank the Samsung kool-aid. I am really sorry you believed Samsung's marketing and hype that their phone is worth $600.
If you buy a $600,000 house because the seller tells you it's worth $600,000, then you got suckered when the house is really only worth $200,000. You overpaid and got ripped off.
The fact you got suckered at $600, doesn't mean the rest of us are standing in line to drink the same kool-aid.
35. Stayfly2407 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
We talking about accessories and you're talking about drinking kool-aid, I'm not suckered into anything. Everyone knows the top smart phones retail at least $600, so what's in the kool-aid you drinking.
18. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
$113? For a controller? Really Samsung, really?
19. techloverNYC (Posts: 486; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
are u serious sammy? Psp vita cost only $200 and thats a full game system.....
21. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
That's obscene. Even first party console controllers were $50-60 when they first came out. This is basically that plus a phone clip.
I'll hold out for the PhoneJoy Play.
25. ultimatebatman (Posts: 52; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
lol 1/2 the price of a PSVita and just as large. PLEASE people, if you want to play games on the go, do yourselves a favor and buy a Vita. This is ridiculous.
26. Fuego84 (Posts: 306; Member since: 13 May 2012)
Too expensive! Does it provide more battery?
27. Fuego84 (Posts: 306; Member since: 13 May 2012)
All these comments should be sent to Samsung so they can see what we think and they can know why it bombed lol.
30. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
I'd rather get the Microsoft xbox controller instead and be able to game on both, my PC and my Phone.
36. Raheemtruegamer (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Apr 2013)
There are so many Cellular Gaming Controllers out there now at far lower prices. Examples are Gametel, Ipega, and the Moga. I DO NOT recommend the Moga for the HARDCORE gamer for the sole reason that it does not work with Emulators. It forces you to purchase only MOGA compatible games. Pointless to those of you like me who have Playstation One and earlier systems emulators on your phone. This price is not worth it at ALL....and will definitely not risk the money only to find out its not emulator compatible Like i did with the moga.