The Samsung Galaxy S 4 won't be the year's only hot smartphone
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2013, 11:15 posted on
Right after the Galaxy S 4 announcement, we posted a poll asking you which high-end smartphone you were most tempted to purchase. Naturally, Samsung's pride and joy was on the list, yet it didn't quite get to the top spot. Out of a total of 10 190 participants...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
34. majedlutfi (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
optimus g pro then optimus g2 and nexus 5
these are the hot smartphones for this year
35. EspHack (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
errr PA fix this poll, im a nokia fan but seriously, how can the lumia 920(my loved phone) be the top spot with over 59% of the votes? wtf
141. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
StreetNerd is right. You blind as a bat, EspHack. Better get some new lens for them bottlecamps you be call n' glasses...
Btw, the Lumia 920 is the 3hit. Bunch of Samsung lovin' dogs screaming the contrary don't change a thing ;o)
36. 1Fawwaz (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Ohhh seriously who vote for stupid nokia phone?!
Xperia Z is a clear winner. it has everything! Sony is the best!
40. ichiranjeeb (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
L920's 8.7MP camera kicks Xperia Z's 13MB camera's A$$.
47. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
sony was , it had 6000+ votes 2 days ago and now its 1000 ... i see only htc one & s4 has not changed in vote share!
48. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
as always these poles dont ever reflect real life sales
50. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well ofcourse they dont as half on here are all talk and never put there money where there mouth is
besides why does sales matter to us the customer, buy what you want not what sells the most. on a related note i find it funny how android fans now use sales as a reason to buy yet when the iphone dominated sales didnt matter according to them
51. jove39 (Posts: 1260; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Lumia 920? It's terrible...I had hands-on this phone and it feels too heavy and big. It's doesn't look as good in real either!
55. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
why do people on here insist on been stereotypical fanboys, never can give props to anything outside there little bubble
you are probably just another trolling account
91. iNtoxicator (banned) (Posts: 9; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
You're the bigest troll. Trolling on Android and Sony Htc.
95. sbw44 (Posts: 380; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Omg! is it too heavy for you? my 5 year old nephew has no problems using cinemagraph on the 920! but here you complain its big and heavy! maybe you should go to a gym and do some exercises if you cant pick up 185 grams!
99. iNtoxicator (banned) (Posts: 9; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
At this weight phone shoulev been made with stainless steel carbon fiber and aluminium. Not cheap plastic.
101. sbw44 (Posts: 380; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
High Grade Polycarbonate used in bullet proof vests cheap plastic? you can go say that to your precious cheap looking Galaxy phones!
54. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
php?fbid=524888580887886&set=a= THIS POLL IS RIGGED ! .102222869821128.1245.10000100 2463377&type=1&comment_id=1482 328&ref=notif¬if_t=photo_co mment
check this link & find out !
169. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
phonearena is paid by samsung hahaha
63. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
All u people crazy bout new phones what's wrong with the ones u got now...spend money just to spend money to say I got the new won't last beyond two year phone.....waste time....get a future proof phone and be done with it...future meaning .has to have 4g lte...get updated software... front n back camera .. that's it..all the other stuff is gimmicks
67. Rafael97 (Posts: 16; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
I'm happy with my S3. With the new software from the SGS4 it will be even better ;)
68. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
People, don't be ridiculous, go to gsmarena and you will get real numbers for popularity, gs4 is on top)))
168. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
galaxy s4 is number 1 by daily interest it's just show people curious abaut galaxy s4
current rankings by user rating
1. Xp z
2. Xp zl
i don't see gs4 on user rating
71. Taters (Posts: 2647; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I can honestly say that I have no respect for most of the people who visit Phonearena so the poll looks about right.
72. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 82; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I like Xperia Z most even with it's terrible LCD screen.
73. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
I have respect for nokia as former nokia fan. N8, N95 were mine some time ago, n73 is very decent phone too. The only thing I don't like in modern Nokia is WP!
76. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
oh this PA's stupid ass polls...
79. cdgoin (Posts: 366; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Perfectly happy with my Dell Venue Pro at least until a new Portrait QWERTY with touch screen shows up. Which I assume will be in 2014 or 2015.
104. rjmlive (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
One thing is talking objectively about the most appealing platforms and products on the market. Another thing is walking to the carrier and getting sold something else. I think Android wins mostly because it's become basically unavoidable, not that it's necessarily the best for everybody that buys one.
I suspect that most people that frequent these sites and have the time and energy to post on an article have already chosen their platform and model they prefer.
I think that for most people, the Windows Phone platform is more appealing and user friendly, for that matter, Iphone is still fine for the masses. Keep in mind what I just said, we're not most people. We're the geeks and nerds that have an opinion.
That said, I don't think it's strange that geeks and nerds find the Lumia 920 an appealing device and WP8 an appealing alternative.
107. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Disgusting...such a huge lie...lumia is s**t and everyone knows it..s4 is the most popular and would sell the most certainly so it can't be second at least not to lumia s**t..iPhone has a lot of fans and it can't be last on any list in the world..and HTC one and xperia z are a million times better and also more popular than lumia s**t..so phone arena you have made up this stupid poll results after getting paid by Nokia s**t and you disgust me..last time I ever visited this website
108. Jyakotu (Posts: 817; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I voted for the Sony Xperia Z. However, I'm actually happy to see the Nokia Lumia 920 winning. If I were to get a Windows Phone, Lumia is really only the way to go.
135. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
fair play, the xperia z is an excellent flagship and would be my choice of android phone right now as it offers more for me then the HTC one and gs4
missing LG off the list though, always seem to be left on the side
113. Xtasy (Posts: 270; Member since: 13 Jan 2013)
Blackberry Z10 should have been on the list but we already know that it's not in the league of these phones since it's better than any of them
117. RohanM (Posts: 129; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
wtf is going on. when i voted in this poll very first day. xperia Z was already above 2000 votes.. now it should be on 7000 or 8000 + votes. but heck it's below 2000 now. PA are u tempering with the polls?? ohhh wait u r getting paid by sammyy for sure....
gsmarena is the real site......
php?fbid=524888580887886&set=a .102222869821128.1245.10000100 2463377&type=1&comment_id=1482 328&ref=notif¬if_t=photo_comme nt
161. -box- (Posts: 3728; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
If they removed not votes, I think we all can be ok with that
170. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Only stupid fanboy who belive phonearena
118. GoBears (Posts: 335; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I actually voted that I'm perfectly happy with my current, the Note 2. First phone I've ever had that doesn't leave me wishing it had some other features. I have no problems with the 920, I just can't stand windows phone OS. Just wish the 920 would have an Android variant so I could enjoy the device.
126. nasznjoka (Posts: 316; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
indeeeed phonearena has lost its dignity among us. First of all the polls were easily manipulated either they intendedly or not. myself i voted 2 tymes didin't meant to, but the following day I wanna see the results I was prompted to re-vote as if i'ven't votted then i casted again. but truth is fanboys were also the reason behind, I beleive XPERIA_KNIGHT and co must had opened 5 or more accounts and manipulated. Z was leading by far now S4 leads. though it was leading under cooked votes from fanboys. we all know the competition is btn s4 and one. Now PA GIVE US ANOTHER POLL
128. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
And this is Nokia last years high-end device. What about the EOS?
129. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
i don't care if lumia 920 wins this poll. honestly, i've seen an empty nokia store for three years in a row while samsung and apple store is having a daily harlem shake session inside.. this kind of poll cannot mislead people (unless you are stupid). going to buy s4 with the smart cover.. it is more than capable than lumia 920, htc one, lg optimus g pro or xperia z..
142. R-vjn (Posts: 161; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
I'm perfectly happy with my Nexus 4, and from the experience I've got from this device I guess I wont ever be going for a non-Nexus device, so I'm waiting for the Nexus 5..!
144. archangel9 (Posts: 230; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
I voted for the GS4 but truthfully I'm waiting for the Note III
166. xsmartphonex (Posts: 41; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I find it funny that the lumia 920 has the most votes, but yet its one of the worst selling smartphones on the market.....
167. majedlutfi (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
optimus g pro then the upcoming optimus g 2 the boom in October nexus 5
it is lge's year
171. Aykalol (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
Well, my answer is that im perfectly happy with my phone. I own a Lumia 920 and really I have nothing to complain, some mates that have tried out my phone says it weights a lot but I have gotten so used to the weight that it doesnt bother me at all, besides really 185g vs around 130 which is the trend atm? thats like 55g difference and most of these other phones need a case my Lumia 920 doesnt need a case to suck up its beautiful design.
I believe that this poll has nothing to do with the sales more than anything this refers to bloggers choice.
178. Ale749 (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)
Samsung is runnng the same way as Apple. Lack of innovation.
179. pureviewuser (Posts: 120; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
Guys the poll is quite clear until another release and then who knows who is voted as top maybe Samsung or another
182. scsa852k (Posts: 277; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Where are exactly those Lumia 920 lovers located??
I haven't seen a single person using it.