The Samsung Galaxy S 4 won't be the year's only hot smartphone
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2013, 11:15 posted on
Right after the Galaxy S 4 announcement, we posted a poll asking you which high-end smartphone you were most tempted to purchase. Naturally, Samsung's pride and joy was on the list, yet it didn't quite get to the top spot. Out of a total of 10 190 participants...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. cncrim (Posts: 839; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Nexus is intend for Mod and hack...... as history show Nexus hardware is not match to all the high end android. Google do that on intensional to keep android partner happy and keep the price low.
145. jawknee530 (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
If I'm not mistaken the Nexus 4 currently matches the best hardware on the market. Here in the US the Optimus G, Droid DNA and Nexus 4 all have the Snapdragon S4 Pro. I know the Xperia Z does but I don't know if it's available on a US carrier. Until the Snapdragon 600 hits in the S4 and the HTC One the Nexus 4 will be on the top of the hill with the others.
17. Commentator (Posts: 3704; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
There is seriously something fishy with this poll. I'm refreshing my page every 5 seconds and each time, the Lumia 920 has ~100 more votes. No offense, PA, but I seriously doubt you get traffic of 20 users/second. Fix your polls or don't offer them at all because the one you're using right now is a charade.
42. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Something is wrong
Dear PA. please don't make yourself stupid
On what universe you think more people are going to buy N920 than GS4? Or even HTC One and Xperia Z..
Can't we just ignore the cults sometime?
45. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3877; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Last i checked, Lumia had the most votes if you'll excuse me.
64. muhsen (Posts: 281; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
how do u know ?! the lumia 920 has things that's not present in any of s4 ,one or xperia z(each of them has its one unique features as well) not to mention its the most beautiful of them(apple itself reassured that) and its build quality is among the best of them! anyway, i have been checking this poll constantly and the 920 had always the lead so suck it up if u don't like it
140. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I dont wanna come PA to read BSs made by a bunch of Nokia followers everytime which are very unrealistic as well.
I do ignore most of them though sometimes i just cant stand
131. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
MrJerry obviously knows absolutely nothing about Nokia products, and his own ignorance is his worst enemy ;o)
139. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I would say the true anemy is your unconditional love for Nokia ;P
172. hemakumar70 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Mar 2013)
The true enemy is unconditional love or it could be illogical hatred like you have love for Android or hatred for Nokia
165. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
if nokia didn't exist
your phone that you own now will probably not exist .
besides , putting a quad core , 1080p screen and high res camera without any innovative technology stuffed with the camera like OIS AND OVER SAMPLING IN A PHONE , TRUST ME THAT'S NOT INNOVATION
43. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3877; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Don't know about that but the title "The Samsung Galaxy S 4 won't
be the year's only hot
smartphone" is somehow misleading.
When i first read it, it looks like i'm going to read an article about upcoming smartphones that hasn't been released. Not something that was released 'last year'.
59. mandar1997 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Ya definitely look at the xZ votes can't even be that low
121. jphillips63 (Posts: 222; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They must of used the same polling devices as were used in the Obama elections
152. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
how can you find fake votes?
153. PhoneArena Team (Posts: 258; Member since: 27 Jun 2006)
Well, it is kinda strange that 570 000 votes (all for the same phone) came from the same IP address, which is used only by one user of the site, isn't it :)
154. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
but the poll wont let you participate more than one time. how is it possible?
and 570000 votes are too many.
its really strange. but again i dont understand why the votes of Lumia and Z were eliminated.
155. PhoneArena Team (Posts: 258; Member since: 27 Jun 2006)
Believe us, not a single genuine human vote was deleted.
156. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i want to believe but im really confused.
how is it possible to vote 570000 times. it will take 10 years to do so! and if you look at this:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/110496
you see that only about 10000 votes were eliminated and these votes were only those of Lumia and Z. you mean only these two had fake votes?
and again i can't understand how is it possible for a single person to vote more than once while the poll wont let them vote more.
158. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
ddnt u know anything abt automatic votes & likes in the internet world, someone who doesnt know about technology couldnt do more when it comes to having a real SMARTphone :D
fanboyism strikes at its greatest level for Sony lovers
60. danny_a2005 (Posts: 165; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
I'm waiting for the iPhone 5s!!!
I'm getting the Xperia Z, I just love that glass body...
61. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
this results are fake........when last time i saw this the nokia lumia 920 had highest votes of about 42%.......and at 2nd place there is z........
74. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
everything on this site is fake.
but these results cant harm the current prosperity of this phone in selling a great deal.
let them enjoy themselves.
96. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Xperia Z has alot of problems.It has alot of lag and the display has also alot of flaws.Sony's fanboys are she#ps.
S4 and HTC One->Za Best!
100. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
have you discovered it yourself or you're just repeating what other fanboys say. i have this phone and never experienced such flaws as you said.
114. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Xperia Z has alot of problems."
"...the display has also alot of flaws."
173. TMach (Posts: 457; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Speaks somone who obviously does not own this phone! Well, I do own it and the so called flaws are pure fiction. It is buttery smooth and I can't keep my hands off that premium chasis! Class!!
I guess it is true that haters are always gonna hate.