The Rock gets a free Nokia Lumia 1020 before it launches, directly from Nokia
0. phoneArena 20 Jul 2013, 00:53 posted on
A Tweet from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson reveals that the former University of Miami Hurricane gridiron star turned wrestler turned actor is now the proud owner of the Nokia Lumia 1020; you might ask yourself how that is possible since the phone won't ship from AT&T until Tuesday. It turns out that Nokia made a personal delivery of the phone right to Johnson's gym...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
with the upcoming Nokia phablet, you don't need a dumbell anymore Dwayne :)
48. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
wait so where does it mention Lumia 1020?
56. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
when rock gonna cook something he will take photo from his Nokia Lumia 1020.
58. TheRequiem (Posts: 240; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
How about give a phone to someone who actually needs one? The corporate world annoys me. If Nokia gave out even phone someone in need, I would respect them... but when I see "The Rock" flashing a phone (like he cant afford to buy all of them) to improve their falling "image", it makes me annoyed at them and Nokia's image suddenly diminishes even more.
59. verty (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 May 2012)
This is lame thinking. Work be famous if you want free. I am really upset when people think like this. I conclude you are just jealous........
63. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
He doesn't seem jealous? What are you saying?
He is just asking Nokia to give away phones to those who really need it. That makes total sense. They don't have to give away exclusive ones. But they can totally give away the Asha or low end Lumia's to those who need it.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Funny, if the rock choose galaxy s4, active mini and zoom, you will definitely has a different tones on it :)
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
lmaoo! Indeed :)
28. Cyberchum (Posts: 668; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Hell! yeah, the English is very wrong but then, there's every possibility that he/she is not a native English speaker so why get on his/her skin? Translator fails, they're not wholly dependable so I say suck it.
32. lhtbinh1909 (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
yeah but at least you and me can understand him, or her :)
47. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i take this is your main language yet you cannot understand what wandy had to say. RIP Mr.Reader you need brain to understand not everyone is native english speaker dumbooo
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Lame? Because Nokia didn't give you a Lumia 1020 for free? And you're jelly about it?
22. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If I'm a Nokia fanboy, I won't be using the Sony Xperia Z right now. Go check my profile first before calling me a Nokia fanboy.
26. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
You don't have to have a Nokia to be a Nokia fanboy, you could give in a cave in Antarctica but have WiFi but no phone but still love Nokia....
50. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
xperia droid is unlike you open to all different new phones he supports all, so he ain't no fanboy
61. verty (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 May 2012)
What is wrong with being a nokia fanboy! Pleaseeeeeez! Make no excuses man. Or do we call you a Sony fanboy......lol
29. Cyberchum (Posts: 668; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If he actually is then what? you're worse than a fanboy.
46. papss (unregistered)
Lol your so spiteful. Who cares if he is a Nokia fanboy? Like that's a negative or something. Not everyone likes my space, deal with it
16. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
this is a new technique
if already Rejected by customers, better give it for free :D
17. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Chill dude. This is just a marketing trick, that's all.
45. papss (unregistered)
No it proves how lame you are... Don't comment if you don't have anything to add.
6. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
Memo To Nokia Corporation: Microsoft Corporation Is Bluffing
13. FeroDeNO (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
already searched on google
anything new ???
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Hover hand is for the weak. The Rock embraces all ladies.
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Know your role jabroni lol
18. Lyngdoh (Posts: 240; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
All the giganti wrestlers needs Xperia Z Ultra. E.g. The great Khali.
21. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
He doesn't look like the budding photographer I have to say.....
25. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Finally..... the Rock has switched to Lumia!!!
27. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Yes because the shed load of money they gave him didn't influence his decision any.....
51. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
but you know Jay Z got an s4 because he loves
52. papss (unregistered)
Exactly.., how is that terrible app. Doing for SS? From what I hear it was a cheaply done app that doesn't work well.
37. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Now the Rock can shove his old iPhone down john cena throat.
30. Cyberchum (Posts: 668; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Some people are really hurting and they see it fit to come here to spew BS.
33. Damo579 (Posts: 242; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Why all the hatred here? corporations give famous people free products all the time it's another way to advertise. People think if famous people use a product it must be good and cool. You think apple or Samsung never did this before....
34. stulla (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
why gve phones to people who can afford them & why all competitions to win phones don't extend out to the caribbean,south america etc????..nokia thinks USA IS THE WORLD
39. Cyberchum (Posts: 668; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If I get you right, one shouldn't pay to his AD aired huh. Nokia here is kinda paying him because he's (potentially) gonna help them get more sells. Common sense, About promos, they're simply targeting large markets which you would do were you to be in their shoes.
35. lonewolf2873 (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
To the people whining : Its all about publicity. High profile stars are comped loads of various items. I'd bet big money people that you don't see cause they're behind the scenes don't get those benefits. Dwayne Johnson is enormous and I applaud Nokia for having the wherewithal to choose him. Its a smart move for Nokia.
36. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Do you smell what the Nokia is cooking?
38. phyxius (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 May 2013)
You may be known as the people's champion, but not the people's choice for phone selection
41. Cyberchum (Posts: 668; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Your opinion Bro, entirely your opinion.
42. Cyberchum (Posts: 668; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Your opinion Bro, entirely your opinion.
40. roscuthiii (Posts: 2215; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"Execs"... is that what they're calling them nowadays?
44. roscuthiii (Posts: 2215; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
With the 1020 being vaunted for it's camera capabilities... you'd think they would have taken the opppurtunity to use it to capture the picture. And if they did... well... :-/
49. .KRATOS. (Posts: 314; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
CAN YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING.
55. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Hating on Nokia, and WP?... You can't be confident at all in your platform because you would be content and wish the best for others... If you hate you are no doubt insecure... Period, point blank❕
60. stulla (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
remember how nokia paid nicki minaj to perform at the launch of the lumia 900...she then tweeted about it on her blackberry....waste of money