The Oppo N1 smashes our battery life charts, perseveres for over 8 hours
0. phoneArena 21 Nov 2013, 09:39 posted on
This may not apply to you, but there's no denying that battery life, in a rather idiosyncratic manner, gets a tad left behind when people contrast and compare the all-important hardware specs of a smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
At this moment yes, but the Pioneers program (few luck gets one free) is worldwide plus the Find 5 was sold in Europe before, so I think it'll reach Europe for sure, other Asian countries a 100% and the US, maybe.
25. Pancholo (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Hopefully it reaches the US just to give it a test drive.
By the way, this should be renamed to Ultimate Selfie Maxx!
2. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The Oppo N1 is an awesome phone, but what disappoints me is that you can't expand the storage with the micro SD card.
9. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What does this have to do with patents?
15. sss_ddk (Posts: 61; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Microsoft patent on the filesystem used in SD cards ==>royalties to include SD cards==>no SD cards unless you pay and maybe OPPO didn't want to licence the filesystem.
3. adrialk (Posts: 20; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Where is the DROID MAXX in the battery test? More viewers of this site are going to buy that phone than the monsterous Oppo N1
5. Mike_L.13 (Posts: 20; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Yea, I was just about to comment on the same thing. Makes no sense that it or the maxx hd would be missing.
4. t0ked (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
You really need to add more Motorola phones to this chart. No MAXX HD or Droid MAXX in a battery life comparo? fail...
10. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Have a phone with a bad battery life yo? No gogo, you mad oh? Don't worry, cuz you have Oppo.
13. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
I want this phone so much, international version with CM
14. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
I would like to buy the sh*t out of this phone
17. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Why don't you guys test battery life of Lenovo P780 with 4000mah Battery.......
18. danwatson (Posts: 102; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
I have the LG G2 and Note 3. I have not been able to run either of them in the ground in a day even with heavy use. You would literally have to sit there and game/gps/watch movies with max brightness for 8 hours to pull this off. Under normal intense use...1 hour web browsing, 30 min video, facebook, taking a dozen pictures, 45 min of gps, 1 hour gaming and a handful of calls, I'm usually at 30-50% by bed time (11pm) after taking it off the charger at 6am
20. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1304; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It's not that hard for me to drain that phone in 4 hours :p but it is impressive
21. ing156 (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Well mi friend already test N1 and "12 hours and 5-6 hours of screen on my account, so I totally satisfied! In Note 3 5-6 and 3-4 hours respectively."
22. nexusdude (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
Best phone of 2013!
From the overall specs to the user experience, to the innovation that's behind it, simply perfect.
24. Scott93274 (Posts: 1182; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Please include the Motorola Droid Maxx on your comparison chart. Battery life is the main selling point of that phone and I would like to know where it places.
26. shayan (Posts: 148; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Could you please test older phones for battery too?
Many of us have an device older than one year old. And it would be great if we could compare these numbers to what we actually had a real life experience with. for example, I have a galaxy note. And I dont like what its battery is capable of delivering. But I dont know how much are new flagships are better. I like to buy a xperia Z1, and it didnt show any promising result. I just want to know how does it stand against galaxy note 1.