The Nokia Lumia 520 is on sale from Amazon now, for $99.99
0. phoneArena 01 Sep 2014, 14:22 posted on
The most popular Windows Phone handset, with over 12 million active units, is the Nokia Lumia 520. The entry-level model is now available on sale, as part of Amazon's "Lightning Deals." These are special offers with deep-discounts, for a limited period of time. For $99.99, you can purchase an unlocked Nokia Lumia 520 in Yellow. That is a $20 savings (or 17%) from Amazon's regular price for the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fzacek (Posts: 2402; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I would get the Moto E for only $30 more...
4. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Or the New Nokia 635 for $30 more (T-Mobile)
11. hemedans (Posts: 294; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
sd s4 is more powerfull compare to sd 400.
16. sgodsell (Posts: 1944; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Just spend a little more and get a superior moto g
10. hemedans (Posts: 294; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
and you will get slower a7 processor compare to powerfull s4 krait processor.
do you know moto x and lumia 520 have same snapdragon processor? except that moto x have higher clock speed and motorola they optimised it to be more awesome
22. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1066; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Microsoft optimize windows phone pretty well on low end hardware !
20. Spedez (Posts: 239; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
I agree. E has much better display and more RAM. Also feels more premium to the hand.
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Lol. What a deal. Only $100 for this incredible "modern" UI:
7. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Facts are facts. 512MB WP phones lag -- and it'll be even worse with WP 8.1.
8. Liveitup (Posts: 1765; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Fact are fact WP low end devices runs like a dream compared to its Android counterparts. Android is even going so far to make Android one to take on low end WP devices.
WP 512 MB are smoother than one GB smartphones.
17. Deaconclgi (Posts: 393; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Are you saying this from your experience or from the experience from someone else?
As an Android, iOS and Windows Phone user, my 512MB Windows Phone 8.1 device doesn't lag or have resuming issues as some suggest.
12. hemedans (Posts: 294; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
wp have resume problem because of slower memory card. tell any one who has that problem to remove their mmc and you will see if problem will continue
3. Taters (Posts: 3810; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I would just get the Moto G prepaid for $59.99.
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Or, if you must buy a phone from the dark side, the Nokia 520 prepaid for ATT for $40. The 520 really isn't worth anything close to $100.
14. hemedans (Posts: 294; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
if you get moto g you will sacrifice
2.super sensitive screen
3.sd card support
4.powerfull s4 processor
9. Liveitup (Posts: 1765; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Nah dude WP is the bright side, but an underdog.
13. -box- (Posts: 3951; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Microsoft Store has them for $50.
15. hemedans (Posts: 294; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
since begining of the year amazon sell 520 for 99usd. its not sale. i dont know where phonearena got this idea
18. kindlefireowner (Posts: 482; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Walmart has the 520 for $49. So how is this a sale?
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The 520 mentioned in the article is a carrier unlocked phone, not one locked to ATT or another carrier.
24. kindlefireowner (Posts: 482; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
The ATT Gophone Nokia 520 can be used on BYOP on Straight Talk, Net10, Consumer Cellaur, Cricket. So it's not locked to one carrier.
23. GalaxyS5 (banned) (Posts: 430; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
lol where I live this p!ece of cr@p is at 80$ brand new.