The Nokia 3310 is in some ways better than the Samsung Galaxy S4, here's why
0. phoneArena 24 Jun 2013, 09:37 posted on
Before we begin, let's make it clear that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is among the greatest smartphones money can buy today. With all its awesome features, Samsung's flagship is at least a gazillion times better than a Nokia 3310. However, isn't it funny how in some ways a Nokia 3310 is still superior? Just think about it – the Samsung Galaxy S4 is pretty and all, but it is also fragile, while the Nokia 3310's durability has helped it achieve legendary status. Also, the Nokia 3310 could last for days on a single charge, while a typical smartphone, even the Galaxy S4, would need to be recharged almost on a daily basis. And that's not all. Read on to learn why a Nokia 3310 is still in some ways better than the Galaxy S4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
44. roldefol (Posts: 3262; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think it's an ad for Nokia body armor.
47. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Doesn't the S4 have an emergency dialer on the lock screen. I don't own an S4 so i don't know if it does or not, but if my Xperia Play has one, shouldn't the S4
50. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
ROFL ROFL... in the same way a bashed up ancient ford is better than a lagonda! no-one wants it.. :)
54. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
lol this is the reason why my dad still uses his 3310 more then his s4
57. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
I hate it when people compare batt life between smartphones and old nokias.
Sure, old nokias last longer because you hardly ever use them. Ever tried to play Snake for longer than two hours?
Smartphones, on the other hand, are (almost) permanently connected to the internet, and people just can't put them down between chat sessions and facebook.
I know, nothing new, but I had to take it off my chest ;)
60. sergiobr (Posts: 573; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
If you don´t have nothing to publish ... stay quiet ! We read this article thinking in something intelligent !
61. bachir8k (Posts: 127; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
yeah now make a review regarding IPhone 5 with IOS 7 on board and Nokia 2110, I think IP5 is gonna win this round...
62. DibelDibil (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
you can even use it as a nutcracker, mighty piece of machinery!
63. shy2papa (Posts: 223; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
And this advert is sponsored by MS/Nokia via trojan PA
66. coinmanmat (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
I couldn't even keep a straight face reading this
68. Loubielou (Posts: 407; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Nokia 6230 or 6230i were the best budget phone,an it did have a F.M radio on it but the S4 does not,an this phone could last ages with charging
92. Aendil (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yes, the telecoms want the phones they sell to be produced without the FM radio chip so that they can sell you the traffic that you can get for free via FM over their LTE base stations and phone towers.
69. xmusicianguy (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
Alright what were y'all on when you wrote this! ROFL
71. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
this was my VERY FIRST PHONE as a teenagner 16yrs :) man i miss the old days when we HAVE REAL phones with no fanboys around
74. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 218; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
These reasons are valid and all, but why is the S4 the only device singled out? You could throw my SIII in there, the HTC One, Xperia All of Them, iPhone, and any other modern device. I appreciate the effort, but the execution just isn't all the way there.
77. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
dear Nick.T, how much did Nokia paid for this article...??? shame on you....you are comparing a smartphone with feature phone....
79. Dave_Granger (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
I had the 3210, which I still think was better than its successor. I also have a 6303i which I use as my travel phone, it's absolutely brilliant, the battery lasts a week between charges and the shell is made from stainless steel. Not aluminium, fricking steel!
81. Indydi (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Seriously, an article like this has me wondering about the credibility of PhoneArena. A plain, generic phone compared to a smartphone? Of course it's unbreakable. It's got a tiny screen (NOT a touchscreen, I assume) housed in a massive hunk of whatever-it-is. The phone does basically nothing but calls, and it's a brick.
Are you guys so out of tech news that you have to resort to nonsense like this?
82. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
i own a gs4 but man... i love this phone! i can still remember the first day that i have this phone.. 3310 is legendary...
84. kamalsamariya (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
you can use any phone in place of galaxy s4 like iphone , htc one, xperia z, nexus 4, note II,
such a lame article to bash galaxy s4
85. donfem (Posts: 575; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Can't understand the rationale behind the comparison with S4. However, 3310 was the best at the time. The beast of all beasts.
86. Indydi (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
@donfem -- there is no rationale, other than to draw attention.
88. downphoenix (Posts: 2768; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Nokia needs to re-release the 3310, but with a color screen and extra big capacity battery.
89. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
You forgot couple important factors as well. 3310 is not a copycat product and it does not have stolen OS in it. S4 is all that and more.
Shamesung "its normal to follow competitor products", "recently we stopped following Apple as it is not innovating anymore", "Samsung Galaxy is not an iPhone clone, it just have some similarities".
90. gigaraga (Posts: 1429; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Obviously the S4 is better by 1000000000000000000000miles :D
91. Aendil (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Just compare it with Nokia 5110. My first GSM phone.
Never ever went below 2 bars of connectivity, battery lasted for entire week of heavy conversing. So sturdy that you can drop it as many times as you want and it will be ok every time.
That makes nokia second best selling phone-maker in the world but only at 7th place on smartphones market.
94. CellieCell (Posts: 104; Member since: 14 Apr 2010)
i just noticed that PA took away the thumbs down! i was wondering why there's all these thumbs up.
i gotta admit the coolest things that happened to cellphones was made by Nokia! i like how they had the blinking antenna's when you get a text or phone calls and see through chassis back in the dayz!