The "New iPad" is ridiculous: here's why Apple didn't give it a name
1. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Jeez, why can't they just accept the fact it's an Ipad 2$?
21. andro. (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its simply called ipad because ifans vocabulary isnt great and most can simply mutter 'me want ipad' in shops so keeping the name simple helps them. Also Apple can now also sell the origional ipad to dumb ifans who askfor the new ipad as its the same name and they are mindless enough not to realise the difference
33. dr.cyber (Posts: 14; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
only because of the new revolutionary screen!!!!!!.... and some other things(1gb ram,4g and more
37. BlacRaZredge (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
its just repackaged ipad... like the iphone 4s like giggity said. next year will hopefully bring "new" much more exciting things. i hope...
this repackaging crap is getting old...
4. danwatson (Posts: 117; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
They didn't want to look like they dropped the ball again by adding an 's' to the model.
5. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
The "next" iPad will be:
The Next New iPad
The New New iPad
The Newer iPad
15. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
then the next iPhone's gonna be the "new" iPhone, not the iPhone 5...
52. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
Did Apple give you permission to use their logo Eclipse??
6. bayusuputra (Posts: 963; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Apple Store, NYC
Customer: "can i get the New iPad?"
Sales Assistant: "Sorry, we are running out of that, we only have the Old iPad, and the Newer iPad WiFi, but we'll be releasing the Even Newer iPad in a few months for your consideration."
Customer: "Ok, then, maybe i'll just settle for the old one while waiting for the Newer Than The Even Newer iPad.. thanks a lot, anyway.."
36. Victor.H (Posts: 658; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Ha! Should we imagine 2014 also? I'm afraid to go further into the future :)
19. SleepingOz (unregistered)
MOST PROBABLY! AHAHAHAHA
Well, what goes around, comes around.
10. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The reason why it's called the "new iPad" is because the new A5X processor is just barely more powerful than a Tegra 3 & there is no game changing design aspects & the so called "Retina" display is really not Retina because it's pixel density is under 300. A true Retina display is 300 or above. So all these increments are not worthy of a name so the best they came up with is the "new iPad"
Their baby A5X quad-core processor will be dwarfed by the new dual-core Cortex A15 chips from ARM. Not to mention the quad-cores that are coming out. Qualcomm's S4 dual-core/quad-core Krait with Adreno 320 processors with its 28nm technology will decimate the baby A5X that the "new iPad" has.
Maybe it’s just me but that is my take on my Apple decided on the super lame name “new iPad”!
16. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Sorry my fat thumbs get in the way I meant to say why..... NOT my! lol Couldn't EDIT!
31. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The baby A5X is actually a dual-core, the GPU is the quad-core. I am so sorry but the A5X is more of a fail than I expected. lol
The 28nm dual-core Qualcomm S4 Krait with Adreno 320 processor will just destroy the real small baby A5X dual-core on the "new iPad".
Not good, not good at all.
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
just Ilike i dont know about chips.. asking this geeks about marketing... well just read the responses above... I am in sales and I see why is called the new ipad.. sorry geeks.. google it...
23. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
is telemarketing considered sales now?
i always imagine you as a telemarketer with a thick accent.
26. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
He sells bulls**t on a phone website called PhoneArena.
Oh, wait a second...
54. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
nop no telemarketer. sorry.. and no accent either...
30. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
You mean Walmart greeter, i guess that's technically "sales". If you see why then tell us, oh thats right... because you DON'T
55. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
aww is that the best you can do... why not a foxconn employee while you are at it... damm grow up...