The Moto 360 smart-watch to debut in July for $340 (249 EUR)?
0. phoneArena 20 May 2014, 09:35 posted on
According to the French publication Journal du Geek (awesome name!), the coveted Moto 360 smart-watch will cost $341 (249 EUR) with a launch planned sometime in early July. It is not known where the exquisite smart-watch will be selling first, which regions the price reflects, and which countries the Moto 360 will reach...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3706; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Its a gorgeous, looks classic, and unique. Moto is doing good....go moto
2. fzacek (Posts: 2320; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Wow, can't wait for this thing. The G Watch is not too shabby either...
3. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1622; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If it does price at 200 USD, I think I'll get one :D
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4746; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I thought it was $340 usd while 249 euro was the uk price? Too expensive.
6. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
An apple fanboy saying something is too expensive?!?!?!
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6807; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
He's too delusional as always. When his precious iwatch comes out he will be the first in line buying the most expensive smart watch out there
22. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4746; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I actually bought the 5S a month after it was released.
29. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Is an apple fanboy saying a Motorola device is too expensive..
31. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6807; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
lol yeah you're right anything Apple release he praise and waits in like like all the other brain wash ZOMBIES
5. alexthe10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 May 2014)
340$ for a watch its not really expensive its just a few $$ more then my KennethCole but then again it is a first time for Motorola to sell a watch. What if its cheap. I mean i have a motorolo moto g And its far from cheap but then again Motorola has been making phones since for ever So they knew what they where doing. It looks sexy if the material is right im getting one
23. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4746; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well you see how well that worked out for the Gear. How many times did Sammy drop the price on it?
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Gear was dubbed trash by people that were excited about it the moment it was announced. the 360 is turning smartwatch skeptics into believers by simply gazing upon it.
8. sipha (Posts: 337; Member since: 12 May 2012)
You usualy have 50 pics attached when ever talking about the Galaxy S5.. Why not at least 20 for this beauty?? Was kind of looking forward to them..
20. willard12 (Posts: 920; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
The Galaxy S5 has been announced, released, and sold. The 360 is limited to the stock photos Motorola has made available.
28. hassoups (Posts: 398; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
stop making sense! it's not welcome here apparently.
9. iampayne (Posts: 265; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Im throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6807; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Seriously that money joke is getting old.
34. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2055; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
If you think the iWatch is going to be any cheaper, I've got a bridge to sell you. And while their phones and tablets can be had with subsidized pricing, I doubt you'll see these being subsidized by carriers, simply because they can't charge for anything after the sale like a device that is connected to their network. I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing anything sold at subsidized pricing that didn't have a 3G or 4G data connection, like WiFi or Bluetooth devices.
10. Scott93274 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
lol, you really need to proof read your article. "If the probable $249 US price tag looks steep, you'll be able to opt for LG's Android Wear-based G Watch, which is far from sleek and fashionable, but it will be fairly cheaper. The G Watch will retail for $272"... that being said, $341 USD may be a bit too much for me right now.
30. Fallin (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
The G Watch in the US will be $199. The 272$ is the 199 EUR price converted to USD.
33. Scott93274 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
You're apparently oblivious to the Euro/dollar conversion rate. Read the first paragraph again please. The 360 will be 249 Euro, translating to 341 USD. I was simply making an observation that the prices listed in the first paragraph of this article are contradicted by the prices in the second paragraph.
11. Joshua9007 (Posts: 81; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I know that I wear watches every day, and usually pay somewhere between $150-$250 for an decent quality watch that only tells time (Fossil, Armani Exchange, Express, Michael Kors, ect.) I have a couple nicer watches, but I don't wear those every day so I won't consider their price for the point i'm trying to make.
If the Moto 360 is really up to the quality of the other watches that I wear on a daily basis, looks as good wearing it as it does in the pictures, and functions well.... it will be worth a few more dollars than the other watches, and is really not that expensive when compared to what you are getting in return.
Until now, all smart watches were for geeks that wanted an extra toy. They have limited functionality, can only be used with certain phones, and looked as geeky as the old calculator watches!
This Moto 360 will appeal to people even if they are not tech-geeks, other people will probably think it is just a watch until they see it being used, and it will provide some extra functionality and notifications without cameras and extra features that are not necessary. I will be purchasing one and I predict that it will be a success for Moto.
12. Sauce (unregistered)
This is a good price if it comes with GOOD (practicle, not gimmicky) features..
If not, Im better off buying a sexy entry level Movado for $400...
... Or Only dream of their $2000 Movado Sapphire
18. aleksandar2872000 (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
I think this is some bs about the price. European prices in euros are always the same in dollars. (250€=250$)
25. dbdrummer88 (Posts: 29; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Right now 1EU = 1.37USD
So 249EU = 341USD
Those have not been equal in a while (since 2000)
26. Scott93274 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Well in 2000, less than half the European nations were even using the Euro so... But you are correct. The exchange rate fluctuates almost daily between all currencies, but in the past decade, the Euro has always been stronger than the dollar, at some points almost doubling in value.
27. a_merryman (Posts: 740; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I think he means that with technology the companies usually do a 1=1 conversion. Not to mention it makes no sense to convert the 249 euro to usd exactly anyways, the euro price includes a VAT tax that the US doesn't have.
36. wkm001 (Posts: 63; Member since: 04 Feb 2014)
If that is the US price point I should go ahead and get a Gear Neo.
39. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5653; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm happy with my Pebble Steel but count me among the people buying the 360.
40. aravindsbabu (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Too expensive for me
So it'll be either this or Oneplus one..
I choose the latter
41. Scott93274 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Other news outlets are reporting that Motorola is having a competition where the designer with the best watch face concept can win a Moto 360... In the details provided for the competition there's a mention of $250 in the fine print... So it may be cheaper than the $341 suggested in this article. Maybe it might fall into my price range... Maybe I might try my hand at graphic design.