The Microsoft Surface event video is now online for your viewing pleasure
0. phoneArena 19 Jun 2012, 11:35 posted on
Microsoft has posted video of their Surface press event, check it out if you want to see how the product was unveiled to the world yesterday...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ravail (Posts: 181; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
I must say im very impressed with Microsoft this go around, Looks like they are finally tryin to compete with Apple!
32. The_Godfather (Posts: 146; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Ravail:- True brother finally something real out there. Rather than saying a device with all new 200 features every six months. lolzzz which people couldn't find from last couple of years :p..
Come soon "Surface" we all are waiting for you :)
2. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
What's going on at 13:40?
Certainly different, I like it on a touchscreen (tablet, phone, all in one) but not on a laptop or PC with a mouse. I used the consumer preview and it was not a great experience on my laptop.
18. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Interesting, maybe I should have spent more time on it. I didn't like how they kept their old interface and added the new metro on top of it. Just felt strange. Also maneuvering around the tiles with a mouse felt counter intuitive.
12. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 147; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
I absolutley love windows 8 consumer preview, way faster then 7 and i love how it integrates facebook and my email to get notifications in any window i am in
3. akita256 (Posts: 80; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
Still would like to know what manufacturer will actually build the tablet. And, no, the answer is not "Microsoft". Microsoft does not have the production facilities, molds, employees, raw materials, etc. to actually build the components. So who will actually make the components and assemble them?
6. jove39 (Posts: 1264; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Flextronics is manufacturing xbox...may be they will do duties for surface...just saying!
4. arsenaljimenez (Posts: 137; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I hate how he starts every sentence with surface.
8. frydaexiii (Posts: 1208; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
After watching this, I really can't wait to get my hands on it. It'd better come quick.
Shut up and take my money!
10. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
This is so much better and more exciting to watch than Apple's WWDC. It was worth it. Apple should should really take notes. They did a hell alot better than Apple boring confrence. I am so impressed.
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1208; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Apple's Keynotes are always boring because they brag on too much about stats of the company. They can spend 45 mins talking about how well their products are selling with some screwed up stats and only half an hour on new products and features.
Samsung and Google just went straight to the point. "Here's the new product, knock yourselves out."
Microsoft did abit of bragging, but didn't waste too much time on it.
11. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 147; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
Wow this is what people wanted the ipad and android tablets to do. Certainly takes tablets to an all new level.
15. RoundBallmer (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I guess there's no way Android is gonna break into the tablet market with only < 1m sales last year.. its gonna be even more competitive this fall with W8.
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1812; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well this is quite innovative i wonder if they gona integrate wifi or bluetooth connectivity between the tablet the the touch/type surface
16. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I just get the feeling of an infomercial with this video
17. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1680; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I'm more than interested in the surface pro® ..but how does it cool it self?? No fans? Will it be getting hot?? I hope not. ....
22. GJanee (Posts: 211; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
it was in the video. it has an all around venting system.
34. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1680; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Yea I seen that.. but he never says ,how does it cools itself?? Secret huh...
19. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I think this tablet is sooooo legit. Took the tablet to a whole new level. This is closer to a computer than a phone, unlike the iPad which is more like a phone.
20. chipotsky (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
This is great. Total win for the consumer!
21. GJanee (Posts: 211; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
This is how Microsoft killed all those toys that were called tablets.
Simply can't wait to get my Surface!
24. Icestalker (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
14:00 Surface is also still being bugged out. Lol.
26. RoundBallmer (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I guess there's some residue on the screen surface that's registering the touch .
25. Veigald (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
The Surface is first of all an Android tablet killer, imo. What is the attraction to anyone in buying a laggy Android tablet that only offers games and gadgetry when the iPad does the same and more and the Surface even ups the iPad to include the whole productivity aspect? The only reason would have to be price, and even that should not be enough to make many buyers interested.
I would be quite surprised if Android tablets have more than 5% share in tablet sales within one year of launch of Win8 tablets like this one.
27. RoundBallmer (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Not only laggy but crashy too
31. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Kind of hard to kill an Android Tablet when they hardly own 5% of the market. The XBOX live applications may put this over the top for me.
Any Android or Windows tablet will be or is better than an IpAD.
28. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Perfect drinking game.... Everyone... take a shot everytime your hear the word "Surface"!
30. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
So, will I be able to play a game of Halo from this?
33. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1680; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I wonder how well, will it handle PC games...
35. whothisperson (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 May 2012)
Best electronic keynote audience response, the guy that yells "YEAAAA!!!" lol
36. Sweegee (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
If they want this to sell, they better market the hell out just like they did with Xbox. Amazing as this product seems, people will just think its another tablet that's not an iPad, so they'll most likely go towards the iPad. Only techies like us who visit tech blogs would know of the capabilities of this product and what sets it aside from every other product out there right now. So Market the s**t out of it ms! I want to be able to see people walking around with one instead of those stupid iPads...
37. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 307; Member since: 07 May 2012)
YUp, Miccrosoft needs to be aggressive when marketting windows 8 & windows phone *. thats one of the successes of apple they market their product to the extreme, imho this is way better than any tablet on the market. Imagine all the power of a desktop pc squeezed into a 13.5 mm tablet, built in kickstand, case that doubles as a keyboard, usb 2.0 & 3.0 ports, can this get any better???.....
oh yes it features full version of windows 8!!!