The LG Optimus G can now be preordered at Rogers
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Oct 2012, 22:53
If you live up in Canada and have your heart set on the LG Optimus G, you can reserve it from Rogers for $40 which will ensure that you receive LG's most powerful smartphone ever when it launches in the middle of next month...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. BadAssAbe posted on 12 Oct 2012, 23:05 3
600 off contact? ill sign up for that especially if it has the 13mp shooter
2. androidornothing posted on 12 Oct 2012, 23:08 3
Id rather pay full price. Its crazy to get under a 3 year contract!!!! Plus i dont think the Optimus G is worth that much.
5. Yummy posted on 12 Oct 2012, 23:35 4
Well for 3 years you get a phone that is future-proof and is already more powerful then some low end pc's.
16. Kan_wha posted on 13 Oct 2012, 18:52 1
I personally dont believe in futureproofing, just cant do it, there'll always be something newer and better next year
17. Yummy posted on 13 Oct 2012, 20:47 0
That's how it will always be. You can't have top of the line forever. Even if you buy a new phone every time a new one comes out, you are just wasting your money.
7. crankyd00d posted on 12 Oct 2012, 23:42 4
Well the unlocked iPhone 5 will be at least $650 for the 16Gig model so for me this one is definitely worth $600
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 12 Oct 2012, 23:50 4
the iphone 5 is ranging from 600 to 800 dollars and thats only for 16gb! :(
Id say if any phone is worth that much money so far it would be this, the One X+, and the Note 2
paying that much for an iphone is asinine!
10. crankyd00d posted on 13 Oct 2012, 02:18 3
Agreed, myself I wouldn't get the new unlocked iPhone even if it had the current Galaxy Nexus price ($350 last time I checked) but there are/will be a lot of people that do/will. The Note II is THE phone to have right now if you're going for pure hardware, but after being spoiled with fast updates and second to none community support for my Galaxy Nexus, it will be Nexus only for me from now on.
I started talking about Nexus I forgot this was about another phone hehe
11. Erthling posted on 13 Oct 2012, 02:19 0
Would that be $600 Canadian dollars or US?
Im assuming Canadian.
13. YetiASX posted on 13 Oct 2012, 08:20 0
My futur phone, i hope that it will be released quickly in Europe...
14. vddeguzman posted on 13 Oct 2012, 11:11 0
Wow, that price is pretty attractive (off-contract)
15. Kan_wha posted on 13 Oct 2012, 18:47 0
Rogers will never let you buy any high end device without service, believe me I've tried. What you have to do to get the phone off contract is:
1. Pay a month's worth of service, otherwise the computer wont allow the sale.
2. Pay the activation fee.
3. Cancel the service on the SAME DAY as you bought the device, as Rogers requires 30 days notification for cancellations even if you're not on a contract. You do it later, they'll ding you for a second month.
So realistically, expect the actual price to be ~$100 more than what they list because of all the bulls**t Rogers does. Also, Canadian tax is 13% in most provinces, so yeah... Not cheap.
Not to mention that Rogers lock most of their devices to hell. But thats just how Rogers/Telus/Bell makes money, sign here, and hahahahaha, see you in 3 years.