The LG Optimus G can now be preordered at Rogers
Rogers is expected to launch the device in the middle of November. Perhaps that November 13th date on the picture of the device is giving away a clue. The carrier's website shows the phone priced at $599.99 off-contract or $129.99 if you're willing to sign the traditional Canadian three-year contract. The version of the phone heading to Rogers sports the 13MP camera on back instead of the 8MP shooter found on some North American models of the phone.
If you're a Rogers customer, you can reserve your LG Optimus G by clicking on the sourcelink.
1. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
600 off contact? ill sign up for that especially if it has the 13mp shooter
2. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Id rather pay full price. Its crazy to get under a 3 year contract!!!! Plus i dont think the Optimus G is worth that much.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
id say this is definitely worth 600 bro
9. The_Innovation (Posts: 531; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
It very much is, I'll have to agree.
5. Yummy (Posts: 115; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Well for 3 years you get a phone that is future-proof and is already more powerful then some low end pc's.
16. Kan_wha (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I personally dont believe in futureproofing, just cant do it, there'll always be something newer and better next year
17. Yummy (Posts: 115; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
That's how it will always be. You can't have top of the line forever. Even if you buy a new phone every time a new one comes out, you are just wasting your money.
7. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well the unlocked iPhone 5 will be at least $650 for the 16Gig model so for me this one is definitely worth $600
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
the iphone 5 is ranging from 600 to 800 dollars and thats only for 16gb! :(
Id say if any phone is worth that much money so far it would be this, the One X+, and the Note 2
paying that much for an iphone is asinine!
10. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Agreed, myself I wouldn't get the new unlocked iPhone even if it had the current Galaxy Nexus price ($350 last time I checked) but there are/will be a lot of people that do/will. The Note II is THE phone to have right now if you're going for pure hardware, but after being spoiled with fast updates and second to none community support for my Galaxy Nexus, it will be Nexus only for me from now on.
I started talking about Nexus I forgot this was about another phone hehe
11. Erthling (Posts: 15; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Would that be $600 Canadian dollars or US?
Im assuming Canadian.
13. YetiASX (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
My futur phone, i hope that it will be released quickly in Europe...
14. vddeguzman (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Wow, that price is pretty attractive (off-contract)
15. Kan_wha (Posts: 88; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Rogers will never let you buy any high end device without service, believe me I've tried. What you have to do to get the phone off contract is:
1. Pay a month's worth of service, otherwise the computer wont allow the sale.
2. Pay the activation fee.
3. Cancel the service on the SAME DAY as you bought the device, as Rogers requires 30 days notification for cancellations even if you're not on a contract. You do it later, they'll ding you for a second month.
So realistically, expect the actual price to be ~$100 more than what they list because of all the bulls**t Rogers does. Also, Canadian tax is 13% in most provinces, so yeah... Not cheap.
Not to mention that Rogers lock most of their devices to hell. But thats just how Rogers/Telus/Bell makes money, sign here, and hahahahaha, see you in 3 years.