The Huawei Ascend Mate, a 6.1 inch 1080p beast, gets impromptu introduction at a Huawei store
0. phoneArena posted on 23 Dec 2012, 07:50
The 6.1 inch 1080p screen of the Huawei Ascend Mate was supposed to be introduced at CES, but when you have a beast like that in your pocket it is hard to keep quiet, so we can't really blame Huawei Chairman Richard Yu who gave the device an impromptu introduction at a Huawei store in Guangzhou; luckily, someone decided to record the event for prosperity...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
46. MistB posted on 23 Dec 2012, 13:58 0 1
6.3 inches for Note 3, so your statement is hypocritical at best
49. darac posted on 23 Dec 2012, 14:22 1 1
It's going to be 5.8 incher with minimal bezel.
You don't know what you're talking about.
The 6.3 one will be a mini tablet
35. Jyakotu posted on 23 Dec 2012, 11:43 3 0
At this point, you might as well just get a tablet and call it a day. Why in the world would anybody want a 6.1" screen phone!?
76. Mobilephile posted on 25 Dec 2012, 02:22 0 0
it wont be called just a phone anymore, these new devices are evolving into mini-tablets or tablet phones. Just like how the mp3 has converged with the phone, the phone will converge into the mini-tablet.
36. GoBears posted on 23 Dec 2012, 11:46 3 1
Well all the sissies that wear skinny jeans can cross this off their lists of potential phones lol.
47. MistB posted on 23 Dec 2012, 14:00 0 0
yep, too damn right. All the wusses can't handle a real big screen, all that real estate for watching movies and multitasking is appreciated. Hence why the Note 2 rules all, but an even bigger screen I say, bring it on!
37. jed27 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 12:03 2 0
Because covering half of your face when taking a call is what people want.
79. MistB posted on 25 Dec 2012, 07:31 0 0
Iran/pakistan/India/Bangladesh/Afghanistan? So what? Your point?
39. rusticguy posted on 23 Dec 2012, 12:26 1 1
Not interested. Don't want to make myself look like a joker using this as a phone. I ain't going for anything more than 5 for sure unless those sizes become extinct. Who knows in 2020 I will be forced to switch to iPhone because of screen size :)
41. Techboi posted on 23 Dec 2012, 12:45 1 0
They should of made it a 5in screen with the same specs, a lot of people would be interested
42. GoBears posted on 23 Dec 2012, 12:46 2 0
I think the Note series is going to top out at 6-6.5" with little to no bezel. I love big phones so anything under 7 I'd be willing to try. To each their own though. I'm just super glad Android gives us so many choices!
51. rcranium posted on 23 Dec 2012, 14:40 0 1
What are you a farmer? Only those guys have pockets that big.
53. Droiddoes posted on 23 Dec 2012, 15:00 2 0
What are you a skinny jean wearing fruitcup? Because only skinny jean wearing fruitcups have pockets that small.
56. ebubekir26 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 17:09 0 1
Huawei is just ruining the phablet categorie , someone has to stop this , and i know what is going to stop this , we all know actually : THE SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE III
58. skymitch89 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 20:01 0 0
What I don't understand is why with all the increases in display size and resolutions why don't they allow more icons on the screen at a time.
69. g2a5b0e posted on 24 Dec 2012, 00:03 0 0
They do. Look at the pics. This phone has a 5x5 grid of icons as opposed to the traditional 4x4. The original Note also has this functionality. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find this option on my Note 2. I don't think it exists on it.
72. tiara6918 posted on 24 Dec 2012, 02:00 0 0
If these kind of phone sizes keep on going, the note 3 might have a 6.3" screen as well and I'm sure samsung will do whatever it can to make it easy to operate on your hand and be a comfortable device on your pocket. Hope that pa can make a review of this huawei ascend mate!
75. Cha7520 posted on 24 Dec 2012, 06:25 1 0
This phone is so stupid! I would be embarassed to carry around a phone that big! FAIL!