The HTC Nexus One and all we know about it
0. phoneArena 22 Dec 2009, 11:20 posted on
Due to the extreme amount of unofficial information on the alleged first Android-based handset of Google, the HTC Nexus One, we decided to come up with a short article and summarize...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. phone333 (Posts: 331; Member since: 04 Feb 2009)
F this..!F that ! ...Must be a verizon's fan thing...Very mature
16. vzw fanman (Posts: 1975; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
thank you for not calling me a fanboy bro. :-)
2. MarcMaiden (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Nov 2009)
if it doesnt have that snapdragon processor, then it honestly has nothing new aside from the nice screen. lets hope this isnt a bust!
3. fsjon (Posts: 119; Member since: 03 Sep 2009)
Why would there be "OS personalization" when Google is the one who created the OS?? I'm so sick of hearing personalization right out of the box and any smartphones coming out without one will fail. When buying smartphone, buy for the hardware and not the software (other than that native OS...in most occasions). You can always tweak the phone to your own liking with softwares. For example, you can not make your QVGA screen to a WVGA screen.
4. Steven58 (Posts: 78; Member since: 25 Nov 2009)
I am so hoping that this is the HTC Incredible for Verizon, too. My xv6900's D-Pad is messed up (water damage, my fault) and I want to hold off for this phone. I would take this over the Droid because of the processor speed, and the fact that I like HTC products.
7. Kappy (Posts: 108; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
me too! I have an enV2 and the battery is goin' to crap. I am due for an upgrade January 5th, but I am holding off to see what is coming! Anyone think iphone this summer?
6. Galen20K (Posts: 541; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
It doesn't lack Multi-touch support, it has it and the hardware is more than capable of it. Its just that the programs need to have the code written in it to support it. Get on it developers!
17. weetanhops (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
There will be multi-touch in GSM regions like Europe, it's been the case with the Droid/Milestone. I don't know what the problem with it is in the States - do Apple have a patent on multi-touch or something?
20. sleepyjohnny (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
there is nothing wrong in the states. in fact, there is a browser in the app store of the moto droid that does implement the multi touch. also, the droid eris has multi touch in the browser, although that may just be due to the fact that it doesnt run android 2.0. also, it only lacks multi touch in the browser (moto droid)
8. ChiefD23 (Posts: 16; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
Man...I am really hoping VZW comes out with something "Incredible" around the mid-January timeframe. I don't like the fact that T-Mo is gettng this phone...maybe...and the HD2...confirmed. What the hell does T-Mo have that Verizon doesn't ?
10. deschats (Posts: 193; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
i think its great that it has a faster processor than the droid, and its gorgeous in all aspects... but honestly, my droid is very fast no matter how you put it. i really think this is just another android phone. :(
13. vzw fanman (Posts: 1975; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
you should become a fan of the moto droid on facebook buddy!
11. Pr0cl1v1ty (Posts: 60; Member since: 26 Oct 2008)
tmob is trying to pull out of 4th place... verizon seems complacent with where they are at in the rankings. and obviously dont care about yall :) like tmob does us :D its like a big family! @marcmaiden yea if the phone doesnt have the 1ghz processor then noone will want this phone other than the screen. which to me isnt enough to buy it.
14. surethom (Posts: 592; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Android 2.1 on Moto Xt701 With xenon Flash is what i want, then finally sell me Nokia N82
18. weetanhops (Posts: 12; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
I just want to know when it's due for release in the UK. I can upgrade on Jan 6, and at the moment I'm going for either an HTC Hero or a BlackBerry Bold 9700. If this is released in the UK on Jan 5 as well, then I'll be extremely happy.
22. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
I wonder why there's alot of haten bitches on here
23. sleepyjohnny (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
its a rival of the carrier... subscibers... ehh sounds odd lol