The HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE will eventually get Global Roaming support
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2012, 12:11 posted on
We've received word from Verizon that the brand new HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE will also be granted Global Roaming via a future software update. It is unclear at this point how far off that update may be, but it is a good sign that the Verizon is listening to its customers that want access to 4G LTE wile in the US, but still have the flexibility to use their smartphone for voice and data while in other countries.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sid07desai (Posts: 245; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Well done. And also good news for countries in which those phones are not available.
2. superguy (Posts: 269; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Been waiting for that promised update on our Rezounds, Verizon.
I have a better idea: why not just ship it that way out of the box?
8. JC557 (Posts: 852; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Yeah, still waiting on that for the Rezound as well. I'm guessing Verizon doesn't want anyone to leave the country without paying their hefty roaming/ phone rental fees.
3. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Thank you Verizon but sadly the DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE isn't that great of a phone, I was really expecting more from it.
5. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I wanted it to be thinner and have S-LCD 2 or at least an AMOLED not last year's S-LCD. Also, a larger battery and better camera quality. If they took their sweet time with it they should at least perfect it.
6. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Basically, something reminiscent of the One series.
7. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
For the price point i think its a great phone. It didnt need to be a flagship device because the GSIII is right around the corner.
9. TazBaz (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Now I'm just looking forward for It to be sold In Sweden before the summer ends.
All the bad I've heard about the phone Is that the camera Isn't that good, but I don't think normal decent people actually use their phone as a camera for family reunion photos etc.
If anyone know more cons let me know ^^
10. KewlDawg (Posts: 10; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The Droid 4 was also on Verizon's offical list to get the "global" GSM update, and us owners of the Droid 4 are still waiting.
11. Ngaihte13 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Does this mean I can use it in India? Will it support GSM sim cards?